Visa Extension at Hua Hin Immigration

For something that is a chore we could all do without, today's was a pleasant experience.  I rolled up to an almost empty immigration office at Hua Hin at about 13:45.  I got the next number in line and waited 10 minutes before I was seated in front of a neatly turned out and pleasant young male immigration officer.  Obviously, I had my TM7 and the required paperwork prepared, so all I was required to do was draw a 'mud map' of where I lived, the first time I have been required to do this.  I also had a completed TM47 and the required paperwork for my 90 day report, which was due on 15th August, but having issued my retirement extension, the immigration officer simply completed a slip of paper for the 90 day report and attached it to my passport, without even looking at that paperwork.  I was up and gone shortly after 14:00, lighter in the pocket by 1900 baht of course, but certainly not stressed or put out in any way.

What a shame I had to spend a whole day travelling to Bangkok and back to get my 'proof of income' statutory declaration from the Australian Embassy, last Tuesday.  Not quite the same experience either financially or mentally.  What, with the inconvenience of actually having to go to Bangkok in the first place,  the cost of the travel by car, the 350%+ increase in the fee, from 500 baht to 1760 baht, for that service, the 2 hour traffic jam where we moved nowhere.  Now I wish that had been as easy and as pleasant an experience as today.

Well done Hua Hin Immigration, another successful visit, as all have been before, without any hassle.  One wonders why others have problems.    

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mikosan said:

What a shame I had to spend a whole day travelling to Bangkok and back to get my 'proof of income' statutory declaration from the Australian Embassy, last Tuesday.

Perhaps next year do it earlier when you need to be in Bangkok for another reason and/or on a short holiday since Immigration will accept them that are up to 6 months old.

Apparently no need for the signature verification by the MFA at Hua Hin immigration. That means I can scratch them off my the list of offices wanting it.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Perhaps next year do it earlier when you need to be in Bangkok for another reason and/or on a short holiday since Immigration will accept them that are up to 6 months old.

Apparently no need for the signature verification by the MFA at Hua Hin immigration. That means I can scratch them off my the list of offices wanting it.

No, they didn't ask for signature verification by the MFA.

1 minute ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

I've posted about this before but there has been a massive improvement at Hua Hin immigration. The staff there are actually friendly now. The new office at BluPort is excellent

Couldn't agree more, really helpful staff there, the male Immi officer who works on counter 2 is a  really nice guy

Usually pretty quiet there so no waiting around

• Like 1