Heads up for new photo requirement at Phuket immigration

geoffphuket

We've been to the immigration office in Phuket town this morning, with all the correct paperwork to extend my Non 'O' Visa based on marriage.

The officer refused to accept the application because he want's a family photo of us INSIDE THE HOUSE, showing furniture. I had given him photos of us standing outside the house - showing the house number - as we did last year. That's no-longer good enough. Be warned! 

Just now, lopburi3 said:

Believe this is often asked for - including together sitting on bed and views of clothing hung together (all to help prove to higher levels that you actually live together as husband and wife).

That's what we gave them last year - and the officer asked for a photo of us standing outside the house, showing the house number - he didn't want a photo inside.

It seem no matter what you take to immigration, they'll always think of something new! I thought I'd covered everything this year. Now my wife will have to take another day off work... and I'll have to get another copy of my bank statement and letter - it's only good for a week. What a waste of everyone's time! 

4 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Next it will be a video starting with you outside the house then a full tour of inside.

How do they know that inside and outside are the same building! 

Another day, another hoop.

Of course one will be required to do a long shot- exterior to interior. Then expect to be  harassed on the pixel count.. lighting.  

4 minutes ago, PhuketSarah said:

Nothing about understanding, although the level of English can be astoundingly dismal- it's  the apparent coin tossing, whimsical, utter inconsistency of  day to day changes to  requirements.

What is astoundingly about their level of English? You really expect them to speak English because you do?

28 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Is online now working ? I need to check that out although not need for at least another 60 days.

You can apply online and get the document with your details and transaction code.

Will wait for email and check status online now and again.

29 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

You can apply online and get the document with your details and transaction code.

Will wait for email and check status online now and again.

is it possible to do a  annual  extension online   ??   90 day yes if you are very very lucky  but extension  ??

2 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

is it possible to do a  annual  extension online   ??   90 day yes if you are very very lucky  but extension  ??

Actually he clearly stated it was for a 90 day report in post above.

Slightly off topic; just submitted my 90 day report online.
Will see if it now works for Phuket.

Just now, lopburi3 said:

Actually he clearly stated it was for a 90 day report in post above.

Actually he clearly stated that he was asking about annual extensions, in addition to 90 day reports.

To which unfortunately the answer is no.

7 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

10 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Actually he clearly stated that he was asking about annual extensions, in addition to 90 day reports.

To which unfortunately the answer is no.

We've been to the immigration office in Phuket town this morning, with all the correct paperwork to extend my Non 'O' Visa based on marriage.

20 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

When you went for the annual extension of stay based on marriage, did they request any additional paperwork?

Slightly off topic; just submitted my 90 day report online.
Will see if it now works for Phuket.

I asked at the Phuket Immigration Office just two weeks ago about online 90 day reporting an he said; system no good, doesn't work! Good luck KB! They want you to just show up with your passport and they scan the barcode on your previous 90 report in your passport. Their computer prints out a fully filled out form. Just sign it and you are done!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

19 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Believe this is often asked for - including together sitting on bed and views of clothing hung together (all to help prove to higher levels that you actually live together as husband and wife).

Perhaps sitting in bed  with a cup of tea each with steam evident!

8 hours ago, Jimi007 said:

I asked at the Phuket Immigration Office just two weeks ago about online 90 day reporting an he said; system no good, doesn't work! Good luck KB! They want you to just show up with your passport and they scan the barcode on your previous 90 report in your passport. Their computer prints out a fully filled out form. Just sign it and you are done!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Went there for my last 90 day report.

Would rather do it from home...........I hate that Room 101.

According to one farang Information Volunteer there at PT Immigration , some Thia immigration police  will sometimes ask for these sort of 'extras' if he perceives the public/person  isnt being polite enough , or not well dressed  etc.

I was at PT Immigration on Monday. It was very busy , certainly because the previous Friday was a holiday , but also  probably because Patong Immigration had been closed since last Wednesday. I wasted 15 mins. doing photocopies for my 90 day report only to be told that ( this time ) they werent deemed as neccessary ...

On 8/3/2017 at 1:17 PM, zaZa9 said:

According to one farang Information Volunteer there at PT Immigration , some Thia immigration police  will sometimes ask for these sort of 'extras' if he perceives the public/person  isnt being polite enough , or not well dressed  etc.

I was at PT Immigration on Monday. It was very busy , certainly because the previous Friday was a holiday , but also  probably because Patong Immigration had been closed since last Wednesday. I wasted 15 mins. doing photocopies for my 90 day report only to be told that ( this time ) they werent deemed as neccessary ...

There are no copies required (unless for the first time reporting or missing old reporting slip) for the 90 day reporting in Phuket town for the last 8 months or so.

On 8/2/2017 at 5:48 PM, stevenl said:

What is astoundingly about their level of English? You really expect them to speak English because you do?

Dismal, it's astoundingly dismal. Poor. Bad. Not good double plus.

I expect them to be competent in English because they are working in an immigration office dealing with enormous amounts of foreigners, most of who  communicate in English.

Ditto for the Bangkok call center, which is beyond pathetic. Hung up on 4 times asking for an English speaker. 

Archived