Did i get blacklisted? Is this a blacklist stamp?

2 hours ago, JCPhuket said:

Would be interested to know if anyone has ever known someone that was successful in either reducing their length of ban, or having it removed?

If you are aware of the problem in advance, there are allegedly fixers who can arrange to have the blacklisting waived. Once a ban is imposed, and recorded in immigration's systems, it is really tough to do anything about it. Legally, I think only the Minister has the power to override the ban. Finding people with the right connections would be difficult and, should you be able to do so, I am sure the cost would be astronomical.

I have no doubt this is very painful, but you really have no good alternative to waiting the ban out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AmazingTryland said:

Probably best to lose your passport now and apply for a new one:stoner:

No, won't do any good at all. The information from old and new passport will be linked, so he has to sit out the ban.

the Thai immigration bureau is computerized (they even take a picture of the passport holder upon exit/entry). this would make it easy to share the information about the sentence with other countries. if this does happen, then getting a new passport would not help at all. also, upon next entry to Thailand the immigration officer can just stamp the passport again that contains the same info. again, Thailand shares this kind of information to other countries it would most likely be in the local language. or maybe just a red flag to warn officers to investigate the passport holder thoroughly.

6 hours ago, jspill said:

That's not what I meant, it's just as a foreigner you can reduce a tiny risk to an even tinier one, because you can live in the same areas rich locals would choose to live. Doesn't mean you're scared to go elsewhere, especially as a guy. 

Risks are much higher for females though, say your Mum or sister were over visiting you in the country, or a girl you were dating was making her way over to your place and back, you'd want to be living in a luxurious area.

'Snatchers' as the Filipinos call them (muggers) usually target women for their handbags, same in Vietnam. 

Same as in Cambodia also. So all Asian thieves are cowards ?

• 1 year later...

When I first came to live in Thailand in 1998 at the age of 55 years, I obtained a one year Retirement "O" Non-Immigrant Visa in my passport.

Since then I have been obtaining a 12 month Extension of Stay stamp every year at the local Immigration office, and subsequently reported to them to confirm my address every 90 days as required. I would add that from time to time whenever I have needed to go somewhere outside Thailand, I have obtained an Exit and Entry stamp from the same Immigration office.
Sometimes I obtained a Multiple Entry & Exit stamp and other times just a Single
Exit & Entry stamp.

I have never questioned whether or not these Extension-of-Stay stamps give the same rights & conditions as the original "O" Non-immigrant Visa stamp obtained at a Thai Embassy outside the country some 20 years ago.

But recently an acquaintance of mine informed me that he had to go back to his country of origin (which was England) every year to renew his 12 month Non-immigrant "O" Visa and get a Multiple Entry & Exit stamp. When I told him that he could do both of those things at am Immigration office here, he told me that I was wrong, and that it could only be done at a Thai Embassy.

He was so emphatic that it has got me wondering who
is correct.

Sent from my SM-J120G using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Your friend is wrong and probably do not know the regulation of immigration

Not necssary to return in angland except if he lost the validity of Visa OA shall be re-initiated by origin residence embassy Thai 

He confuse with OA and O non migrant visa 

The primary OA visa shall be issued by Embassy origin residence 

annual extension can be done in immigration office of your province 

-The primary visa O can be issued by origin country residence

- or all embassy in the world Vientiane and Kuala lumpur or are common practices used  

Immigration do not provide non migrant Visa 0 ( except for some situation ) Shall be collected outside of Thailand 

- When you collect you visa O outside for subject family visa you can go to office immigration to issue the extension of the visa 0 family 

the process is 6 week after investigation you will receive the Stamp for 1 year and tyhe visit of immigration team in you house to verify the evidence you stay with lady Thai 

• 3 years later...
On 8/3/2017 at 6:38 PM, 007 RED said:

You should also be aware that with that stamp in your passport you may also encounter problems when entering other countries.

How so? You mean in the event that an immigration officer of a foreign country can read Thai? I suppose it's a very, very low risk unless he's visiting Laos or Cambodia. 

I think they can blacklist you without you going to court, being deported and blacklisted.

Just behave yourself until you leave the country.

I am closing this 4 year old topic. Please start a new topic with more details about your situation if needed.

Topic :mfr_closed1: