Video: Story of the professor with a knife and the road rage big biker hits national TV

webfact

Besides, why should other road users care about this guys personal safety when he obviously doesn't care about his own? Riding a bike capable of a sub 3 second 0-100 and pushing on to 300 kmh in a t-shirt and trainers (jeans may be kevlar lined though I doub't it). The guy is a clown.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According the description under the Youtube video, the biker was in a coma after being stabbed by the ajan, so he was unable to refute the ajan's version of the story painting himself as the innocent party in the whole affair.
However, when the biker's camera footage was made public, a different story emerged.
In addition to the car trying to rear-end the bike, at 2.29 you can see the passer-by in the blue shirt wrestle the knife from the ajan and throw it away, out of reach. The guy in the orange jacket then kicks it out of sight under the car.
At 2.41 you can also see the biker lift his shirt when he first realises he's been stabbed. He said he was stabbed on the right of his chest and the ajan already had the knife in his right hand when he got out the car.

So even though the prof did cut in front of him, why does this jar of honey on the bike try to act tough?? 

I would beat him up so bad, the only thing he would ride is a horse made of sticks. 

I don't believe in violence. 

I shake my head. White lining (lane splitting) is legal in Thailand as it is in California

and many other States in the US. Car drivers may not like it but that is the way it is

and that is the way bike riders drive.  When I watch the video it appears to me in the very

early seconds the professor actually tries to block the bike cutting over into the under

passing lane. The big bike however has no trouble accelerating past the car. The nutty

professor then accelerates after the big in a rage of red mist at being passed bumping

the bike. This could have all gone very very wrong for bike rider. He easily could have been

knocked of his bike and run over by the professor. As far as I am concerned the professor

got of extremely lightly and should be charged with reckless driving, assault with a weapon

(two counts, with car and knife).

13 hours ago, hugh2121 said:

The left is NOT solely for motorbikes. In this case it is for traffic turning left, as indicated by the arrow on the road.

I did not say solely, and i was replying to a quote that he was wrong to be in the left lane.

16 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

I had a hard time following that video.  At what point in the video did the car ram the bike?

Even so, beating up an old man like that is an act of a coward.  I saw how that biker was driving.  Weaving in and out.  It's one of the big problems here in Thailand.  I hate it when bikes illegally pass me, just to cut in before getting creamed by an oncoming car.  Not easy to anticipate.

Illegally pass you how? 

14 hours ago, ujayujay said:

A nutty Professor and a idiotic driving Bi

You forget the stupid driving Biker, so its a Idiot Meeting:coffee1:

Yes plain & simple he tried to squeeze between a parked car & moving traffic & got what he deserved, as both lanes were occupied that would be considered an unsafe act 

It's just a shame it was an old professor - no wonder he had a go at him 

, just wish it was someone else that would of rammed his head into the bike

15 hours ago, lucjoker said:

before action ....try to think about the reaction .

the first action ,weaving through traffic , made many drivers angry,they see it as loosing face.

Same for the motorcycles he passed.

Most of them never see the big bike coming and are scared by the noise when he passes them.

This alone is enough to start a fight.

But the big bike is too fast and escapes them all until......he is cornered.This was the reaction.

Then (second action)the biker steps of his bike and confronts the car driver (who did not lock his car-door ,nor drives away). On this moment the car-driver is ready and prepared to counter,all he needs is someone shouting bad words to him.Exactly what the biker does.So the door opens and and the driver, not scared at all ,but very composed.He knows he has the backup of the little knife ,shows it,but will only use it when he is facing real violence .So there is some little sister punching until the biker hits him hard in the face .No point in waiting any longer to use the knife ,so he does .(second reaction)

So the biker did a few stupid things ...he did not think about the reactions provoked by his actions .

If he did.......he would not drive like that through traffic in Thailand ,

he would not go to the door of a stopped angry car driver ,( he could have a gun...)

.....would not start sissy fighting ,but finish it with one blow and go.

.....would have backed off seeing a knife ....,

in short , he made one mistake after another , he will not last for long here.

The skinny professor ....made himself angry in traffic ....and reacted , also his reaction was very poorly.

Never come out of your car ,the little penknife is normally not enough ....the biker could be armed also.

This time he was lucky and stabbed only in self defence  , only my opinion though .

So , best to stay calm , but i agree ,on these roads ,with such an amount of complete crazy drivers , it is not simple to ignore .It is stressing ,ok,but much better than ending up with a knife in your belly .

So , relax and think about the big problems you are avoiding ,by just doing nothing .

Most of them never see the big bike coming and are scared by the noise when he passes them.

This alone is enough to start a fight.

They are scared and entitled to fight? That is so funny!

5 hours ago, katana said:

According the description under the Youtube video, the biker was in a coma after being stabbed by the ajan, so he was unable to refute the ajan's version of the story painting himself as the innocent party in the whole affair.

is that true ? if so, it surely should be in the main article or an update to it

Some really bizarre posts on this thread. Firstly, lane splitting is legal in Thailand so anyone pointing out that it's illegal in their State back home should realize that.

Secondly, the car seems like it's trying to block the bike right at the start (maybe he dislikes big bikes like some of the people on this forum or maybe something happened before the video starts) and then when the bike easily overtakes him anyway, he sees red and bumps him once in the rear, then once from the side. When confronted by the unarmed bike rider, he gets out of the car with a knife and stabs the bike rider in the chest, putting him in a coma.

Yet some of the wackos on TV are siding with the driver! Amazing Thailand, there are some really odd foreigners here.

4 hours ago, Ulic said:

I shake my head. White lining (lane splitting) is legal in Thailand as it is in California

and many other States in the US. Car drivers may not like it but that is the way it is

and that is the way bike riders drive.  When I watch the video it appears to me in the very

early seconds the professor actually tries to block the bike cutting over into the under

passing lane. The big bike however has no trouble accelerating past the car. The nutty

professor then accelerates after the big in a rage of red mist at being passed bumping

the bike. This could have all gone very very wrong for bike rider. He easily could have been

knocked of his bike and run over by the professor. As far as I am concerned the professor

got of extremely lightly and should be charged with reckless driving, assault with a weapon

(two counts, with car and knife).

agreed, i didnt see anything out of the ordinary that the biker did; severe overreaction by the car driver; we are all often irritated by what the motorcyclists here do but it should be limited to that: irritation

11 hours ago, jbob said:

Guys who ride big bikes tend to take a lot of steroids and thus roid rage. The first blow to the face comes from the biker and everything past that point is really self defense. Biker didn't take his helmet off meaning he was there to fight so it is his own damn fault he is permanently injured

Guys who ride big bikes tend to take a lot of steroids and thus roid rage.

Retarded statement.

2 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Undercutting.  Not signaling.  Cutting right in front after passing....no signals, no room, etc.  Very dangerous driving tactics.

Do you actually live in Thailand? Have you even driven in Bangkok? Next time you are there, stand at the side of a main road. You'll see all of this within 30 seconds, it's just the way people drive here. Bikes, cars, trucks, buses, even the police. It's normal driving tactics and employed by around 90% of people using the roads.

In terms of the actual video, the rider was filtering through traffic - arguably a bit too quickly. Even if the bike committed a traffic violation (I would argue the car was deliberately blocking him by driving in 2 lanes at the start), is that on the same level as ramming someone with your car and then stabbing them in the chest?

What would you recommend if the biker used his horn instead of revving his engine? Hanging? Firing squad? Garotting? Anyone who thinks the professor's reaction was reasonable or proportionate has lost their moral compass and needs to take a good look at themselves.

11 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Do you actually live in Thailand? Have you even driven in Bangkok? Next time you are there, stand at the side of a main road. You'll see all of this within 30 seconds, it's just the way people drive here. Bikes, cars, trucks, buses, even the police. It's normal driving tactics and employed by around 90% of people using the roads.

In terms of the actual video, the rider was filtering through traffic - arguably a bit too quickly. Even if the bike committed a traffic violation (I would argue the car was deliberately blocking him by driving in 2 lanes at the start), is that on the same level as ramming someone with your car and then stabbing them in the chest?

What would you recommend if the biker used his horn instead of revving his engine? Hanging? Firing squad? Garotting? Anyone who thinks the professor's reaction was reasonable or proportionate has lost their moral compass and needs to take a good look at themselves.

Yes, been driving here for over 15 years.  Just because it's done all the time, doesn't make it legal.  Just like driving with no headlight, no taillight, no turn indicators, no helmet, etc, etc, etc.

My comment about the bikes driving was more oriented towards what he was doing before the altercation.  As you say, weaving in and out of traffic isn't a safe thing to do.  Puts others in jeopardy.

3 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Yes, been driving here for over 15 years.  Just because it's done all the time, doesn't make it legal.  Just like driving with no headlight, no taillight, no turn indicators, no helmet, etc, etc, etc.

My comment about the bikes driving was more oriented towards what he was doing before the altercation.  As you say, weaving in and out of traffic isn't a safe thing to do.  Puts others in jeopardy.

But filtering is legal here. 

The story here is the reaction (ramming, stabbing) to what may have been a pretty minor traffic violation. The fact that a traffic violation may have occurred is fairly insignificant, given that there will have been thousands of traffic violations in Bangkok in the 2 minutes it's taken me to write this post (and hopefully no stabbings as a result).

If someone is cruising along in the outside lane at 30 kph and you decide to undertake them, should they stab you for that? What if you forget to indicate, or unbeknownst to you your indicator has stopped working? Is that stab worthy? Or would a simple ram be sufficient in this case? 

The road rage in Bangkok is getting out of control and I find it bizarre that people are justifying this stabbing based on the rider possibly making an unwise/illegal move.

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

The road rage in Bangkok is getting out of control and I find it bizarre that people are justifying this stabbing based on the rider possibly making an unwise/illegal move.

Yes.  Road rage is out of control.  Both of these guys were in the wrong.  For a variety of reasons.

35 minutes ago, chrissables said:

? If there is no area to pass, how can they pass?

Just like the biker tried to do approaching a left hand turning lane less then 30 mtrs from an intersection - ILLEGAL

4 minutes ago, chrissables said:

He was not illegal.

Ah I get it, It's called lane sharing - being able to drive side by side, so now that i have one on the left all i need now is for a car that wants to drive on my right hand side forcing me to swerve hitting the motorcycle & most likely putting me in the wrong s the others were just lane sharing

2 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Ah I get it, It's called lane sharing - being able to drive side by side, so now that i have one on the left all i need now is for a car that wants to drive on my right hand side forcing me to swerve hitting the motorcycle & most likely putting me in the wrong s the others were just lane sharing

By law motorbikes have to use the inside lane. If you drive or ride here you should be aware of that fact. Agreeing with it or not is not relevant. 

8 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Yes.  Road rage is out of control.  Both of these guys were in the wrong.  For a variety of reasons.

Yep, one guy made a minor traffic violation and threw a couple of kicks/punches (after being rammed twice, cut off and stabbed in the chest with a knife).

The other one rammed a motorcycle twice with his car, then stabbed the rider in the chest with a knife, leaving his victim in a coma.

Both wrong. The bike rider should get a speeding ticket and the car driver should get a lengthy jail sentence for attempted murder (or murder, haven't heard if the guy recovered or died). 

32 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Have you tried riding a bike, because you sound a lot like a car driver (entitled).

5 minutes ago, chrissables said:

By law motorbikes have to use the inside lane. If you drive or ride here you should be aware of that fact. Agreeing with it or not is not relevant. 

Yes agree but in this case there was no left lane as there was a car parked in it so he took his chances & tried to squeeze between the parked car & moving traffic