Prenup - prenuptial agreement / marriage contract

rolandj

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:24 AM, mogandave said:

And if nothing significant was gained? Guy could have a pot of money any home and walk, yes?

Do you think everyone is like this? Of course we will have things gained during marriage, we plan to build a house there so this will go to her also, I also made provisions for her in my will. You seem to think everyone who marries Thai lady is old and has no intention of treating it as an equal marriage? The pre nup is protection for both, she has assets from before we met so do I.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think everyone is like this? Of course we will have things gained during marriage, we plan to build a house there so this will go to her also, I also made provisions for her in my will. You seem to think everyone who marries Thai lady is old and has no intention of treating it as an equal marriage? The pre nup is protection for both, she has assets from before we met so do I.

Everyone is like what, so afraid of their spouse getting some of their precious money that they need to get them to sign a prenuptial agreement?

No, I think most people just get married and try to make it work. That’s what we did.

So it’s HER that is pushing for the prenup to protect HER assets, you should have made that clear from the get.

If that’s the case, she’s likely a money-grubbing chiseler, you’d do well to steer clear!

On 11/8/2017 at 3:54 AM, mogandave said:

So some old <deleted> can shower love and money at a gal, marry her, spend a few years knocking the shine off her, and then he can run around on her and do whatever he want, and and the only recourse she has is to leave with nothing.

Seems fair, particularly if you happen to be some old <deleted>...

I think you are so old school..

first off it is different when tow young people meet and get married during college and have equal assets. 

Maybe no reason for a prenup  because nothing to worry about and such young innocent love. 

But here in this thread I assume we are talking about a Western man who thinks he has enough resources to retire for 20-40 years and has found a Thai woman and is considering marriage for some reason??  Possible reasons for this are topic in another thread I started.

Like some poster said a prenup is a great place to list assets before marriage.. this can make a split less painful and less cost.

Sure we all hope things last forever.. but we are talking about a man who may not have much spare resources that he can afford to lose much and still make it to his planned exit for this spaceship.

I have never taken the shine off  of a woman.. I believe I have made every woman I have been with a better catch for the next guy.

On 11/8/2017 at 3:54 AM, mogandave said:

Call me a what ever you want but I believe in making it simple. Keep your large assets outside of Thailand. Don't being anything here you can't write off. As an example I have 2 bank accounts outside of Thailand. One is pure savings and the other is where my money gets deposited from work. I work out of country so I make sure that while I am away my wife and daughter have access to money for day to day life and of course shopping. While I am home we spend together, so when we go out or shopping we do that with each other. I don't keep much money in Thailand and that bank card is kept for emergency's. Does having my money in my home country seem sneaky, well maybe to some yes but no matter what one has to protect themselves. My wife is absolutely fine with that.

Now I have bought land in her home town and put it into her name. When I made the purchase I had already understood if things ever did go bad it would be hers. Thus wrote it off in my mind. Again though I never married I my home country many friends would not be so lucky there as the age of entitlement and over inflated self worth rules lots of women's minds there. So for the OP to have caution and others to say you're all in or not why not have both? I do and I quite like it.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:42 PM, mogandave said:

Everyone is like what, so afraid of their spouse getting some of their precious money that they need to get them to sign a prenuptial agreement?

No, I think most people just get married and try to make it work. That’s what we did.

So it’s HER that is pushing for the prenup to protect HER assets, you should have made that clear from the get.

If that’s the case, she’s likely a money-grubbing chiseler, you’d do well to steer clear!

Erm, do you read posts and interpret  them to what you want? No she did not push for it, I made the suggestion. How can yu say she's likely to be a money grabber when you never met her and certainly do not know her. She has assets and so do I.

So your trying to make your marriage work? You think that you are the only person trying to do this? I wonder what you will do if it fails then?

Erm, do you read posts and interpret  them to what you want? No she did not push for it, I made the suggestion. How can yu say she's likely to be a money grabber when you never met her and certainly do not know her. She has assets and so do I.
So your trying to make your marriage work? You think that you are the only person trying to do this? I wonder what you will do if it fails then?

As English is likely not your primarily language, try reading my post again. I said that IF it was your wife-to-be pushing for the prenup THEN she was likely a money grubbing chiseler. BUT it’s NOT her pushing for it, it’s YOU.

Clear now?

Reading is FUNdamental!!!

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:04 AM, mogandave said:

Lol you need to read your own post. Not sure what your language is but my Primary language is English. Anyway you obviously have a chip on both shoulders and been outsmarted and ripped of by a woman previously.

BTW this is what you posted and it clearly does not state IF it states Its her:

So it’s HER that is pushing for the prenup to protect HER assets, you should have made that clear from the get ( This is a statement not a question as you did not punctuate with a question mark)

Clear now?

As English is likely not your primarily language, try reading my post again. I said that IF it was your wife-to-be pushing for the prenup THEN she was likely a money grubbing chiseler. BUT it’s NOT her pushing for it, it’s YOU.

Clear now?

Reading is FUNdamental!!!

20 hours ago, mogandave said:

Why not read the whole thing? Did I not qualify it with: “I’f that’s the case....”

You conveniently left that out huh?

“Oh what a wicked we we weave...”

Are you really this thick? Do you actually read anything that is typed?

First of all you quoted something you clearly did not type and accuses me of not reading ironically.

Then you made spelling mistake and accused me of not having English as a PRIMARILY language, now you accuse me of leaving out your qualifier. Go back up and you will see I did type it but that does not change the fact you were wrong.

I give up, you're clearly a troll.

Are you really this thick? Do you actually read anything that is typed?
First of all you quoted something you clearly did not type and accuses me of not reading ironically.
Then you made spelling mistake and accused me of not having English as a PRIMARILY language, now you accuse me of leaving out your qualifier. Go back up and you will see I did type it but that does not change the fact you were wrong.
I give up, you're clearly a troll.

“...accuses me of of not reading ironically.”

“...not having English as a PRIMARILY language...”

‘Nuff said...