Who were they listening to???

KhonKaenKowboy

The last few Sunday mornings I have been in a local 711, at 4am, and there were three or four young Thai employees listening to a radio broadcast kind of cranked up.  It was a male, with kind of a mono tonal, yet hypnotic voice.  Preacher or politician or soldier or combination?  Just curious.  It certainly wasn't Mike and Mike or Dr. Laura.

It was so serious, I didn't want to interrupt... it is not exactly the bilingual staff working the graveyard at seven.  Just trying g to stay on top of local pop culture.  I recall asking a mexican american guy about that kind of silly program on Saturday nights in Spanish..!with the hot, hot, hot girls.  Turns out I was watching Sabado Gigante or  Giant Saturday...has more followers than the Pope and fifty times more viewers than the NHL Finals.

Could be a Monk.. My wife is the furthest thing from being a Spiritual person but sometimes I catch her engrosed in listening to something on You Tube like it was her favourite singer. When I ask her what's she's listening to she shows me her phone and blow me down with a feather.....it's a Monk.

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

Could be a Monk.. My wife is the furthest thing from being a Spiritual person but sometimes I catch her engrosed in listening to something on You Tube like it was her favourite singer. When I ask her what's she's listening to she shows me her phone and blow me down with a feather.....it's a Monk.

Yes,that crossed my mind...beats the heck out of Tammy Faye singing, let alone Catholic Mass from Manilla.

Archived