Number of people with HIV in Bangkok reaches almost 78,000

webfact

Number of people with HIV in Bangkok reaches almost 78,000

By The Nation

BANGKOK: -- There are a total of 77,970 people living with HIV in Bangkok and 2,205 were registered this year, a deputy governor of the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration said.

Thaweesak Lertpraphan revealed the figures at the BMA meeting yesterday on the latest HIV statistics.

Thaweesak said most of the newly-infected are 14 to 24 years old, and 68 per cent of them are male homosexuals.

He said 2,205 new recorded infection this year, or about six persons a day, was too high. The BMA aims at bringing down the infection rate to about 900 a year, or 2.4 a day, by 2020.

By 2030, the BMA hopes to bring down the rate to 500 a year.

He said the BMA would ensure that newly-infected persons can get quick access to anti-viral drugs to prevent the condition from escalating to AIDS. 

He said HIV infected people can get the drug from all 68 BMA clinics or other government-run hospitals.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30323282

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-08-09

1 hour ago, nasanews said:

This is what you get when some males insist of having sex with same gender only for the pleasure of lust which is also against human nature.

Ok genius, then how to you explain that the vast majority of HIV infected individuals globally are heterosexual ? Or is this just an opportunity for you to put you bigotry on full display? This is 2017 you muppet, although it may not seem so from your bar stool in Pattaya! 

1 hour ago, trogers said:

Every heard of bisexuals?

Maybe she was, but didn't want to waste time asking her that and really didn't care.

But she did have lovely two boobs so maybe she was   :omfg:

And she definitely wasn't a ladyboy from what I did see, :burp:

1 hour ago, nasanews said:

This is what you get when some males insist of having sex with same gender only for the pleasure of lust which is also against human nature.

Well, it isn't against the human nature of homosexuals. It us very much in their human nature.

2 hours ago, nasanews said:

" ... the pleasure of lust which is against human nature"???? What human race are you from? In my human race, lust is very much a part of human nature. Without it, Homo sapiens would never have survived. 

1 hour ago, HerbalEd said:

" ... the pleasure of lust which is against human nature"???? What human race are you from? In my human race, lust is very much a part of human nature. Without it, Homo sapiens would never have survived. 

When a man have sexual intercourse with a female that is not lust because it is normal behavior  which result in breeding children so human can not extinct but when a man decides to have sexual intercourse with another male that is lust by preferring males over females.

1 minute ago, nasanews said:

When a man have sexual intercourse with a female that is not lust because it is normal behavior  which result in breeding children so human can not extinct but when a man decides to have sexual intercourse with another male that is lust by preferring males over females.

Ok you ignorant buffoon, so what is it when a man sleeps with a woman who cannot have children? Or a man who  cannot have children? Or when a man purchases the services of  hooker, did he plan to have a kid with her???? None of those is lust??! <deleted>, you a just an old bigot! <deleted>, you make no sense at all ,fool.

2 minutes ago, bkkrox said:

Ok you ignorant buffoon, so what is it when a man sleeps with a woman who cannot have children? Or a man who  cannot have children? Or when a man purchases the services of  hooker, did he plan to have a kid with her???? None of those is lust??! <deleted>, you a just an old bigot! <deleted>, you make no sense at all ,fool.

All I can say to you is written in my signature.

Freedom of speech is one of democratic countries law. 

But im wondering why gays and ladyboys get mad so quick. They take words so personal. 

Even a "caveman" has right to give opinion. 

Those who think that are not a caveman and live in today's world should understand freedom of speech. 

Edited by Foozool

This is sad desease.   Nasanews also saddens me with his closed minded thinking.  How is any Sexual act less lustful than another? Is feeling lust a bad thing?  Who says?  I think all the emotions I feel are good.    I think I experience lust every time I have ever had an ejaculation in my life.  I feel lust whether I'm trying to make a baby   or not. I do admit trying to make a baby was special.  But dam I  swear I was 2 for 2. I feel lust if it's  a with someone I have loved for many years or met recently.  My being only finds lust with the opposite sex. But this is just chance of nature and my DNA.  But if a man or woman finds lust with same sex who am I to judge them.   

I am not sure about overall rates of HIV in The population but I have read enough to learn that the reason why homosexual transmission rates are higher has to do with the difference the type of  cells and the absorbtion rates between vaginal and rectal tissues. Maybe some from youthful exuberance and lack of sex education and condoms us. It's not some punishment from above.  

Edited by Elkski