China to assist Thai engineers in high-speed rail project

webfact

China to assist Thai engineers in high-speed rail project

BANGKOK, 9 August 2017 (NNT) - The Council of Engineers says Chinese engineers will serve as mentors to Thai counterparts in the high-speed rail project. 

Speaking at a press conference, Council of Engineers President Kamol Takabut and Architect Council of Thailand President Jetkamjorn Phromyothee revealed in a joint statement that Chinese engineers would teach their Thai counterparts what they need to know about the construction of a high speed railway. 

This is to help Thai engineers and architects develop necessary skills to work on the project more independently. 

Around 400 Chinese engineers will undergo training and skills testing before they can start mentoring. 

Regarding the construction of the railway and high speed train, at least 40% of the train parts and 50% of railway related technology must come from Thai companies.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-08-09

Enough of this Bullshit, just get on and build the b****y thing.   40% of parts and 50% of railway technology coming from Thai companies is less than reassuring that the whole thing won't fall to pieces.   'IF' it ever gets built i for one will not be riding on it !

So they are saying that Thai engineers dont know how to build a railway so the Chinese will teach them !!!  <deleted>  !  So it will be the first project Thai engineers have ever done and they want us to travel at 200 kph on their new railway. Dont think so !

It's in the Chinese interest to make sure it happens and that all goes well, long term. They're not doing it for nothing, and I don't just mean the asking price ... Medium term, we can all benefit from it greatly.  I just need a direct line from Prasat Surin to Sukhumvit ...

if parts are made in thailand likely will be non mission critical or load sustaining parts.they seem to have picked up on how to build bts and mrt stations.

also respected names manufacture in thailand like honda, toyota, etc albeit with their own schools and training criteria

8 hours ago, webfact said:

at least 40% of the train parts and 50% of railway related technology must come from Thai companies.

Passenger seats and toilets.

That'll do it. Toilets don''t even have to have hitec flush, just a direct hole to the ground and a spray gun.

Stand by for the "incidents" as Somchai and his misses try to get the somtam cart across the rails to save a push of 2 kms.

The current 80 kms/hr is doable. High-speed?????

It's in the Chinese interest to make sure it happens and that all goes well, long term. They're not doing it for nothing, and I don't just mean the asking price ... Medium term, we can all benefit from it greatly.  I just need a direct line from Prasat Surin to Sukhumvit ...

All the luck to you.....

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 hours ago, 12DrinkMore said:

Passenger seats and toilets.

Don't forget the onboard-meals, the menues have already been designed, by world-class experts ! :cool:

8 hours ago, 12DrinkMore said:

The current 80 kms/hr is doable. High-speed?????

But if they tell the truth, and call it a medium-speed heavy-freight line, then it will be exposed that this really in't a Japanese-style Shinkasen-train for the Isaan-line, and all those pretty photos of toy-trains were misleading ! :wink:

15 hours ago, mfd101 said:

It's called Clients Consultant and it gives them the power to stop work or approve completed work, enforce health,safty,  environmental  and quality standards, basically everything the Chinese are shit at

Just reading they will be trained by the Chinese. I was part of training the Chinese to build high-speed railway in 2005-2007, they found it hard to understand what they had to do. Survey is there main Achilles heel civil surveyors deal in CM High-speed rail surveyors deal in mm