Non O multi entry visa

You may be able to get one in Penang Malaysia if you can show 800k baht in the bank or proof of 65k baht income. If using the money in the bank you will need need proof of retirement such a statutory declaration form the Australian embassy showing any amount of income.

There is this ongoing topic by a member that already has one from Penang.

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You may be able to get one in Penang Malaysia if you can show 800k baht in the bank or proof of 65k baht income. If using the money in the bank you will need need proof of retirement such a statutory declaration form the Australian embassy showing any amount of income.

There is this ongoing topic by a member that already has one from Penang.

Thanks Joe.

I thought the money thing was just for a Retirement Extension.

I thought a multi entry was different.

As i am in Australia can i get one here.

5 minutes ago, bridge2bridge said:

Thanks Joe.

As i am in Australia can i get one here

I don't think you can get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon being 50 or over for retirement anywhere now without showing financial proof. Even a single entry non-o requires it at many locations.

Penang is the only nearby location where you can get a multiple entry visa.

You could apply for the extension of stay here.

3 hours ago, bridge2bridge said:

Thanks Joe.

As i am in Australia can i get one here.

The only multiple entry non immigrant visa available in AUS for over 50's (retirement) is the 'O-A' long stay visa, but you need to prove income or cash in the bank.

On 09/08/2017 at 6:13 PM, ubonjoe said:

I don't think you can get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon being 50 or over for retirement anywhere now without showing financial proof. Even a single entry non-o requires it at many locations.

Penang is the only nearby location where you can get a multiple entry visa.

You could apply for the extension of stay here.

Thanks Joe.

How long is the extension of stay for.

On 09/08/2017 at 9:40 PM, elviajero said:

The only multiple entry non immigrant visa available in AUS for over 50's (retirement) is the 'O-A' long stay visa, but you need to prove income or cash in the bank.

Is the proof of cash in a Australian bank or Thai bank.

3 minutes ago, bridge2bridge said:

How long is the extension of stay for.

One year.

2 minutes ago, bridge2bridge said:

Is the proof of cash in a Australian bank or Thai bank.

Australia if applying for a OA visa. You can also use income to apply.

4 minutes ago, bridge2bridge said:

Also how do i apply for the one year extension

You apply for the one year extension of stay at the designated immigration office for where you are living here.

You will need 800k baht in a Thai bank for 60 days on the date you apply or proof 65k baht by way of a statutory declaration done at the Australian embassy or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

You will need a entry from a non-o visa and would apply during the last 30 days  of the 90 day entry.

You can apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry at a immigration office prior to the last 15 days of a visa exempt or tourist visa entry. The 800k baht would only need to be in the bank on the date your apply.

If you're going to go down the non 'O'/ 1 year extension of stay route you should seriously consider the non 'O-A' instead. In either case you will need to meet the same financial proof and if you go the 'O-A' route you can delay having to apply for a 1 year extension for nearly to years. The 'O-A' visa is valid for use for 1 year and allows unlimited entries for 1 year, and each time you enter you get a new 1 year permit to stay. If you make an entry just before the visa expires (end of it's 1 year validity) you'll get a final 1 year permit to stay. You can still come and go during that (2nd) year with a re-entry permit, and at the end of that year apply for a 1 year extension of stay or get a new visa. The other advantage of the 'O-A' is that your money can stay in Australia until you want/need to apply for the extension. The 'O-A' is requires more paperwork/requirements, but IMO is worth it. It's only available in Australia so you'd need to get it before heading to Thailand.

On 8/11/2017 at 4:59 PM, ubonjoe said:

You apply for the one year extension of stay at the designated immigration office for where you are living here.

You will need 800k baht in a Thai bank for 60 days on the date you apply or proof 65k baht by way of a statutory declaration done at the Australian embassy or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

You will need a entry from a non-o visa and would apply during the last 30 days  of the 90 day entry.

You can apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry at a immigration office prior to the last 15 days of a visa exempt or tourist visa entry. The 800k baht would only need to be in the bank on the date your apply.

Thank you Joe

On 8/11/2017 at 8:09 PM, elviajero said:

If you're going to go down the non 'O'/ 1 year extension of stay route you should seriously consider the non 'O-A' instead. In either case you will need to meet the same financial proof and if you go the 'O-A' route you can delay having to apply for a 1 year extension for nearly to years. The 'O-A' visa is valid for use for 1 year and allows unlimited entries for 1 year, and each time you enter you get a new 1 year permit to stay. If you make an entry just before the visa expires (end of it's 1 year validity) you'll get a final 1 year permit to stay. You can still come and go during that (2nd) year with a re-entry permit, and at the end of that year apply for a 1 year extension of stay or get a new visa. The other advantage of the 'O-A' is that your money can stay in Australia until you want/need to apply for the extension. The 'O-A' is requires more paperwork/requirements, but IMO is worth it. It's only available in Australia so you'd need to get it before heading to Thailand.

H

On 8/11/2017 at 8:09 PM, elviajero said:

Thank you elviajero.