Marijuana use holds three-fold blood pressure death risk: study

webfact

7 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Not Judging  no one ok , up to them but do in your home .

you have no idea what you are on about ok .

just look around you and see what smoking dose to people.

the  hospitals are full of poor poor people who smoke all they lives and I feel sorry for them but not much I can do , the world would be a better place with out smoking.

why do you think people live longer because of modern  Medicine so don't go on about painkillers.

your  argument is  ridiculous .

Nope it is not..

I agree that tobacco and marijuana and alcohol can be bad for your health as much as any bad habit.Do you know cannabis can be in food and not smoked?

If you do not understand the problem of sugar in food, the problem of abuse of painkillers, the abuse of opiates, the abuse of salt, the abuse of chemical substances in food, the abuse of the meat in our plates, your arguments are ridiculous.

the argument is : do not abuse and drink/smoke/eat/medicate responsibly...

And to be sure that none of the argument of legalization you told are good : what good brought the prohibition?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding is that they have never been able to equate dope, unlike tobacco and alcohol, with disease or early death. Big Pharma hates it and all natural plants as they can't be patented, in fact they probably funded this (probably BS) study.

In fact since so much info has come out about the benefits of medical marijuana the usual suspects have now registered a genetically modified version, no doubt with views to a monopoly there as well. Also no doubt it will be less effective and probably have hideous side effects like ones from all GM foods we will all be familiar with in a decade or so...

27 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Not Judging  no one ok , up to them but do in your home .

you have no idea what you are on about ok .

just look around you and see what smoking dose to people.

the  hospitals are full of poor poor people who smoke all they lives and I feel sorry for them but not much I can do , the world would be a better place with out smoking.

why do you think people live longer because of modern  Medicine so don't go on about painkillers.

your  argument is  ridiculous .

You really have no use for facts at all.

28 minutes ago, Golgota said:

Nope it is not..

I agree that tobacco and marijuana and alcohol can be bad for your health as much as any bad habit.Do you know cannabis can be in food and not smoked?

If you do not understand the problem of sugar in food, the problem of abuse of painkillers, the abuse of opiates, the abuse of salt, the abuse of chemical substances in food, the abuse of the meat in our plates, your arguments are ridiculous.

the argument is : do not abuse and drink/smoke/eat/medicate responsibly...

And to be sure that none of the argument of legalization you told are good : what good brought the prohibition?

Up to you and up to me 

21 hours ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

It is indeed scary stuff that you can have a very nasty reaction to, for frankly very little benefit/pleasure. 

And then when people drive cars it's even more scary.   (Assuming they can find their car)

speaking from a position of absolutely no knowledge whatsoever.

4 hours ago, georgemandm said:

No way , but up to you 

a joke to smoke that  rubbish 

seen what that rubbish dose to people.

have you seen what that rubbish dose ?.

yes, it was common place in Vancouver where i grew up and most of the people i smoked with in the day still smoke now. I still smoke now.

the only real difference is now they are smoking on their boats summer, houses and on the golf course.

And they are smoking way better weed.

your post however reads as if it were penned by someone developmentally challenged.

"dose" that make sense to you?

3 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

yes, it was common place in Vancouver where i grew up and most of the people i smoked with in the day still smoke now. I still smoke now.

the only real difference is now they are smoking on their boats summer, houses and on the golf course.

And they are smoking way better weed.

your post however reads as if it were penned by someone developmentally challenged.

"dose" that make sense to you?

Look over it , you smoke what you like but smoke it in your own back yard .

the long team  affect is  horrendous , but not my life and not my body.

so up to you and up to me .

16 hours ago, trihent said:

That older study is very true and supported by lots of others. Pot use lowers blood pressure (re studies of THC and glaucoma) 

Good point that there have been numerous studies carried out on the effect ( effectiveness ) that cannabinoids can have in the treatment of some complaints of the eye .. :sleep:

13 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Look over it , you smoke what you like but smoke it in your own back yard .

the long team  affect is  horrendous , but not my life and not my body.

so up to you and up to me .

look over what?

what long term "affect"?

do you have the ability to string together a sentence coherent enough to provide us with scientific or even anecdotal examples?  

as for up to you and up to me, do try to come up with something new to say. you grow tiresome.

Edited by HooHaa

15 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

:stoner:.. No doubt this emo's gonna be used a few times in the course of this little chinwag .. :smile:

the only people to use that emoticon seemed to have gathered their knowledge of marijuana by watching advanced screenings of reefer madness.

Edited by HooHaa

12 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

look over what?

what long term "affect"?

do you have the ability to string together a sentence coherent enough to provide us with scientific or even anecdotal examples?  

as for up to you and up to me, do try to come up with something new to say. you grow tiresome.

Looks like you have problems from long time affect.

you are tiresome .

go smoke your life away.

up to me 

3 hours ago, georgemandm said:

You are wrong ok , it just says that they had a drop in kids smoking that bs .

people who smoke that rubbish will go on and on about how it should be   Legalized  .

you have no idea what it is doing to to the body of those people who smoke it ,  but up to them you , as long as they don't want a free hand out with  hospital care when they are going to die from  long term smoking . 

like all  types of smoking be it the rubbish  marijuana , that people smoke or the other rubbish  cigarettes .

They should do it in there own homes and kill they self and not the people around them  when theu want to smoke. 

Like I say they want to kill they selfs up to them .

i think thailand most get the worst  type of people from all over the world ,  living in thailand.

Marijuana smokers and  alcoholics .

you seem to have forgotten to add deluded simpletons to that list, or was that out of humility?

6 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Looks like you have problems from long time affect.

you are tiresome .

go smoke your life away.

up to me 

so you have no answer. just as i suspected. carry on. 

id suspect i were being trolled, but i really dont think you have it in you.

and its "long time EFFECT" 

perhaps you should stick to words you understand.

Edited by HooHaa

10 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

so you have no answer. just as i suspected. carry on. 

id suspect i were being trolled, but i really dont think you have it in you.

and its "long time EFFECT" 

perhaps you should stick to words you understand.

Go away and smoke your rubbish hahahaha 

21 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

the only people to use that emoticon seemed to have gathered their knowledge of marijuana by watching advanced screenings of reefer madness.

Cheech & Chong is a good scream when it comes to all things reeferness .. With Cypress Hill playing in the background .. Does that count  ..  :saai: ( no emo ) 

9 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Not entirely true...

"Marijuana may cause low blood pressure."

http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/marijuana/safety/hrb-20059701

Low bood pressure is the opposite of high blood pressure. ?

Thanks for showing that.  

I've known hundreds of pot smokers.  I smoked the stuff every day when I was 19 and 20.  Haven't smoked since.  I then grew it to make money in California, in the 1970's and 80's but it never garnered much cash.  A fellow grower, friend of mine, committed suicide when he was busted a 2nd time.  A really smart/capable/handsome guy.  He should have waited a few years, and then pot became legal in California, and he wouldn't have had to suffer from mental anguish.   As much as anything else, the Nixon-instigated  'War on Drugs' destroyed millions of young peoples' lives.   

The high blood pressure / low blood pressure talk is just that: .....talk.  To me, it has no significance.  Coffee has more effect on metabolism than pot.

What I noticed most about habitual pot smokers was they got lazy, very contemplative, introspective, cynical and aged quicker than they might have ordinarily.  Though it's hard to say, because maybe those folks would have aged that way without smoking pot every day.

11 hours ago, georgemandm said:

No you are wrong on all counts.

it is just (????) the long team  Side effects are very bad .

if you want smoke it , up to you , but by making it  legal  encourages young kids to smoke more.

i have seen want it dose to people, but hard to tell those people who smoke it , it is no  good for you , like junkies can't be told .

The "for the children" is bullshit, CO lawenforcement has not seen

the trend with the legal, Ice cream and mothers milk is a gateway

drug too!!!. Or drunks.

rice555 

1 hour ago, nasanews said:

It is proven without doubt that smoking marijuana help fights cancer cells and reduces crime rate in societies.

Look up RSO(Rick Simpson Oil), you don't need

to smoke, he did it because of the big "C".

rice555

25 minutes ago, rice555 said:

The "for the children" is bullshit, CO lawenforcement has not seen

the trend with the legal, Ice cream and mothers milk is a gateway

drug too!!!. Or drunks.

rice555 

Have no idea what you are going on about 

and not care 

Edited by georgemandm
Add on

2 minutes ago, Cats4ever said:

Remember the scare stories propogated in the early 70's about people who used various dopes. One had people walking out of tall buildings to improve their view. Turned out to be bulldust. Not sure about this, but doubtful.

Reefer madness?