Fuel & C/C on Fortuner. 2.8

fredob43

Have just completed a round trip of 700km not in the mountains this time it was K.P.Phet to BKK.

Filled up with V power at start refilled end.

Total distance 705km Fuel used 44.44lt equates to 15.86km=LT or 6.3 for 100km.

Comp: in lump also said 6.3 so pretty accurate. Not bad for a big Tank or truck as some call it.

Right C/C. I was in C/C most of the time with the thing set in ECO mode.

To the peeps that said you cant use it here try this. On the way back as I entered the AH 1/32 BKK. I set it at 103kph that's 1.500 rpm.

Kept it in that for well over 1h 20min: over 140km only taken out for first set of Traffic lights. First lot on the Soi. 140km+.

Am delighted far better than the last 3lt Spivo and Vigo I was lucky to get 11km= 100km in those even less if I put my foot down.

Would be interesting to know what other peeps are getting in their lumps.

11 hours ago, fullcave said:

103kph explains the great mileage. I'm getting 8.3 at 115kph. Hopefully, you are not blocking the passing lane. 

Reason I was only doing 103kph was have found that 99% of lumps travel at that speed on the 1/32AH. It's a radar thing. Enabling me to stay in the fast lane in C/C.

Have to go again to BKK in a few weeks. Passport pick up, will up my speed and see what it returns then. Lump is registering 8.1 round town here. Mind you it did shoot up in BKK traffic.

I was only in that for just over an hour each way thank Buddha.

705kms on 44.44l of V-Power is around 1.8 B/km. About the same as I get in a Suzuki Carry. I usually drive at 105-110 kph traffic permitting.  

PS Only came on here to find out what C/C is. :whistling: I will confess to a dislike for acronyms, unless they are very, very common.

59 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

705kms on 44.44l of V-Power is around 1.8 B/km. About the same as I get in a Suzuki Carry. I usually drive at 105-110 kph traffic permitting.  

PS Only came on here to find out what C/C is. :whistling: I will confess to a dislike for acronyms, unless they are very, very common.

Please let me apologise for using C/C its just that I cant spell Cruise Control.

The new Fortuner has a set up that lets you calculate cost per km. Sorry to say don't know how to work it yet. Whatever if your getting the same as I'm getting I think my tank isn't doing that bad cost wise.

7 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

V Power is Expensive Diesel,CC is Creeps Control beloved by lane Hogger'semoji200.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I happen to know that V power is expensive, I have to buy it. It's what Toyo recommend for the new 2.8 Either that or premium Diesel. Still works out a lot cheaper that the old Spivo/Vigo 3lt trucks I had, they were gas guzzler's.

If you knew the road I was on you would know that it's a 90kph one. They have recently put Radar on it that costs 500bt a go if you go anything over 105kph. Over 110kph 1.000bt.

Everyone that knows it, seems like most, travels at less than the 105 hence the 103 I did. Didn't hog any lanes if fact was a tad faster than most of the other vehicles traveling yesterday. They seem to be happy with 100.

N/B. 80kph on the  BKK expressway yesterday the one past the old airport. I was doing 85 in C/C slow lane (My Taxi man told me they were buzzing it) Thank Buddha I was, as at the pay booth there they were the BIB collecting all the cash.

Isn't it funny peeps without C/C on their lumps, always slag it and the people that use it off.

10 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

I happen to know that V power is expensive, I have to buy it. It's what Toyo recommend for the new 2.8 Either that or premium Diesel. Still works out a lot cheaper that the old Spivo/Vigo 3lt trucks I had, they were gas guzzler's.

If you knew the road I was on you would know that it's a 90kph one. They have recently put Radar on it that costs 500bt a go if you go anything over 105kph. Over 110kph 1.000bt.

Everyone that knows it, seems like most, travels at less than the 105 hence the 103 I did. Didn't hog any lanes if fact was a tad faster than most of the other vehicles traveling yesterday. They seem to be happy with 100.

N/B. 80kph on the  BKK expressway yesterday the one past the old airport. I was doing 85 in C/C slow lane (My Taxi man told me they were buzzing it) Thank Buddha I was, as at the pay booth there they were the BIB collecting all the cash.

Isn't it funny peeps without C/C on their lumps, always slag it and the people that use it off.

Perhaps folk without CC have gray cells they use to control their rides speed...?

Time to get the new upgraded Fortuna .Re Bkk posts. ToyotaTruck Based SUV upgraded..Slag off CC, ive never had a Car Without it for40 years Its the cant live without, who bleat about it i find dim .Its OK now n then [emoji86]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 hours ago, transam said:

New rides have a second overdrive gear to bring the revs down even more for highway speeds which should bring down fuel consumption..

Correct. Only problem it wont hold 6th gear if you go much less than 100kph. Makes you break the speed limit on most roads.

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Perhaps folk without CC have gray cells they use to control their rides speed...?

Don't have a problem controlling speeds. It's just that I like to take it easy on long runs. Don't own a sport car just a comfortable lump. If I don't have to use my right foot for a long time it's suits me fine.

21 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

They have recently put Radar on it that costs 500bt a go if you go anything over 105kph. Over 110kph 1.000bt.

I don't know where the radar is but maintaining hwy speed when the road goes through towns has always been a no-no. As the speed limit in most towns is 80! Maybe the cameras ARE in towns and not out in the countryside?

18 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I don't know where the radar is but maintaining hwy speed when the road goes through towns has always been a no-no. As the speed limit in most towns is 80! Maybe the cameras ARE in towns and not out in the countryside?

They keep moving them on the 1/32AH. Always near Ayutthaya between there and Lop Buri. Both directions. Again around Chainat to N/Sawan. K.P.Phet province doesn't seem to have many. Then again they do sometimes just before Tak going north.

On the Expressway BKK yesterday the BIB with camera sneaking down the slip roads. Two of those buggers. Go slow and you see them go quick you don't. Just pay at the toll booths.

Around most University Cities they have Remote Cameras, on most Hi Ways they have Hand Held ones, with a Cop lurking in the Central reservation bushes that still take a Pic. My old US Cougar X, K, and Y Band still pics em up, but not the Auto ones for some reason. It also goes Crazy round Air Ports ,and some Cell Towers using Microwave, in all just something to entertain you on long runs.:stoner:

Archived