Spinning mop buckets parts

TPUBON

I have one of those spinning mop buckets and I been looking for a part. Unfortunately the bucket has no manufacturer name anywhere on it. If you recognize the bucket from provided picture please let me know the name. I also included a picture of nylon gear that I need. Maybe you have a broken bucket and this is on it.

Thanks20170810_145407.jpg20170810_145439.jpg

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It's easier to buy new I think, than to chase a little part you may not find. I've got two of them and both broke. I can still use the second one, but it's not so good. Buy the cheapest one you can find because the expensive ones break anyway!

On 8/12/2017 at 0:03 PM, johng said:

Get some 2 part epoxy and "glue" it back onto the shaft

This is exactly what I did and it worked. I've also discovered why they break in the first place.

Storing the mop head in the spinning basket puts an uneven strain on the mounting. I've asked (I hesitate to say instructed!) my wife not to do that, leave it in the bucket once it's dry. This seems to have solved the problem.

However, if it does finally break, I will not buy another. Too gimmicky for my liking.

I buy a new one about every 18 months. I suspect that rust seems to play a part in their demise.

After use I now dry in the sun and then store in a dry place. As another poster said, don't keep the mop in the bucket.

43 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

However, if it does finally break, I will not buy another. Too gimmicky for my liking.

I used to think the same, preferring my industrial grade, lasts forever, safety yellow, Rubbermaid wringer bucket.  Until I actually used the cheapo spinner units.  True they are pretty much disposable.  But they sure are convenient, and so cheap that I don't mind replacing them every 6-12 months.

20 hours ago, TPUBON said:

A friend made this on his 3D printer.

Sorry, but I gotta ask.  How many hours do you have into programming the 3D printer to make that part?   Probably like a lot of guys, I'd do it just for the satisfaction, but...

I recommend purchasing a new 3M mop. There is no mechanism in the bucket just a spiral thingy in the mop handle. Spins very dry with one or two gently pushes. Just flick the lever on the handle and push down.  Much easier to use and gentle. Not expensive.

1432_XY003838501.jpg

3 hours ago, impulse said:

I used to think the same, preferring my industrial grade, lasts forever, safety yellow, Rubbermaid wringer bucket.  Until I actually used the cheapo spinner units.  True they are pretty much disposable.  But they sure are convenient, and so cheap that I don't mind replacing them every 6-12 months.

Having once received some rather ribald comments on this forum after I 'fest up to using the washing machine, I shall refrain from any comments regarding the use of mops! I only fix 'em..........:smile:

1 minute ago, Moonlover said:

Having once received some rather ribald comments on this forum after I 'fest up to using the washing machine, I shall refrain from any comments regarding the use of mops! I only fix 'em..........

I'm not married, so I can fess up safely.

The problem I have with these mops is they have completely taken over the market for mop choices. I had a great foam sponge mop that worked great until it gave out now I cant even find a replacement head let alone a new one. I finally broke down and bought one of those crap hard as a rock ones they sell and it is already going bad after two months. The herd mentality rules here.

Archived