Alloy or Stainless Tube - Where to Buy?

Damaz6052

On Chaofa west road on the left hand side before the traffic lights near AIS heading north there is a shophouse with a lot if different colour roof panel samples out the front

They manufacture house patios and also rear pickup cages out of stainless steel tube, they may be able to help you with tube supplies

Hmm. I'm sure there are many shops selling S/S tubing.  

However Phuket is not a hotbed of industry so you will have to cast your net a bit wider. I would say Surat Thani would be the nearest. Tubing is measured by OD so what you need is 10mm tubing with 1mm wall thickness. I assume you have the fittings already as you specified 8mm ID. 

Depending on pressure there is alloy at  9mm O/D and .45 wall thickness but that would give 8.1 I/D but depends on the fittings as 9mm is not really a standard size.

Don't worry about the avatar. Some people are sensitive?

18 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

On Chaofa west road on the left hand side before the traffic lights near AIS heading north there is a shophouse with a lot if different colour roof panel samples out the front

They manufacture house patios and also rear pickup cages out of stainless steel tube, they may be able to help you with tube supplies

Thanks! I'll check it out tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Hmm. I'm sure there are many shops selling S/S tubing.  

However Phuket is not a hotbed of industry so you will have to cast your net a bit wider. I would say Surat Thani would be the nearest. Tubing is measured by OD so what you need is 10mm tubing with 1mm wall thickness. I assume you have the fittings already as you specified 8mm ID. 

Depending on pressure you could get away with 9mm O/D and .45 wall thickness but that would give 8.1 I/D but depends on the fittings as 9mm is not really a standard size.

Don't worry about the avatar. Some people are sensitive?

Thanks, I've found two shops near PT that sell tubing. No fittings required. I am making spacers that go over an 8mm shaft.

Archived