Ticket Out Requirement

A Finnish friend of mine provided a bus ticket out

However this was 2 days after they enforced the ticket out rule there, i'm not sure if things have changed but I have not read or heard of anything changing

Note that cash is not accepted, it must be bank statements as far as I know, others will confirm

As for hotel bookings there are sites that you can book and confirm but don't pay which can be cancelled later if you choose to do so

Edited by darrendsd

3 hours ago, cmjc said:

I always bicycle or bus my way out of Tld. Never fly, and never stay in hotels.

So what do I provide as a ticket out when applying for a SETV at Svnkt?

What did you do in the past? From your wording it appears that you've been here a while.

An air-ticket from Hat Yai to Kuala Lumpur may be as cheap as a bus-ticket, and no issue with "will they accept a bus ticket" - though I think they do.  Be sure to have proof of where you will be staying as well as a bank-acct statement or book showing the equivalent of 20K Baht or more.

Thank you for your responses.

Surely a snapshot of my fully loaded Tourer bicycle would be sufficient?

I tried to wheel it into the Consulate once to show them my transport out :)

I'll enquire about an international bus ticket to Laos, to see if they will allow me to book one in advance. I don't want to rumble down to HY, always an epic train journey for us.

If I could pre-book and cancel an aeroplane ticket for a minimal fee, that would appeal.
Any ideas where I can do that?

6 minutes ago, cmjc said:

I'll enquire about an international bus ticket to Laos, to see if they will allow me to book one in advance. I don't want to rumble down to HY, always an epic train journey for us.

You can buy bus tickets here online. https://12go.asia/en

You can buy a one way ticket to a nearby country from any airport. Low cost airlines will refund the taxes paid on a ticket if you cancel it early enough.

3 minutes ago, cmjc said:

Though I try to avoid buying ANYTHING inside airports, always a rip-off.

I think you misunderstood what I wrote. I was trying to say you can fly out from any airport not buy the ticket there. I always buy tickets in advance online.

You can buy bus tickets here online. https://12go.asia/en
You can buy a one way ticket to a nearby country from any airport. Low cost airlines will refund the taxes paid on a ticket if you cancel it early enough.
In not aware of any that will refund. Or more precisely if they do they bury that info & how to, in the depths of Hades.

Can you give a hint or link?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Q/
I think you misunderstood what I wrote. I was trying to say you can fly out from any airport not buy the ticket there. I always buy tickets in advance online.
/Q

Yes, thank you Joe, I +did+ get your drift, but it took my mind back to a recent visit to Blighty; asking around Travel Agencies for their "Bucket Shop" I was met by bemused flummoxed staff at every turn.

Kids! :)

2 hours ago, Nick ZepTepi said:

In not aware of any that will refund. Or more precisely if they do they bury that info & how to, in the depths of Hades.

Can you give a hint or link?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

You can apply after-the-fact for a refund of the airport tax.  That can be 1/2+  the cost of a low-cost international flight.  It will take a while to get the money, but is do-able by filling out a form.

3 hours ago, cmjc said:

it took my mind back to a recent visit to Blighty; asking around Travel Agencies for their "Bucket Shop" I was met by bemused flummoxed staff at every turn.

Back in the 1980s, I used the bucket shops around Earls Court pretty often. Today, bucket shops for clearance of unsold air tickets are essentially obsolete. The combination of fare deregulation, and online sites like Expedia for sale of last minute tickets has eliminated their reason to exist.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cmjc said:

Do you really need a hotel booking +as well as+ a tkt out?

Yes as you have already been advised by other posters

This is a requirement and if you don't meet these requirements you will not receive a TV at Savan, it's as simple as that

If you choose to ignore what we have kindly advised you then that's your choice

You also seem to be misunderstanding what people are trying to tell you, you DON'T have to use the bus/air ticket out and you DON'T have to use the hotel booking

Use your imagination and search the net, there are plenty of sites where you can get confirmed bookings for both but don't have to pay up front and can be cancelled later

Edited by darrendsd

Thank you Darren; so a confirmed booking of travel and hotel, qualifies as a Ticket out?

If so, I don't actually need a Ticket-Out, just a couple of chits with confirmed bookings.

And if I use my imagination, I can get these free by "searching the net".

I imagine I could. :)

7 minutes ago, cmjc said:

Thank you Darren; so a confirmed booking of travel and hotel, qualifies as a Ticket out?

If so, I don't actually need a Ticket-Out, just a couple of chits with confirmed bookings.

And if I use my imagination, I can get these free by "searching the net".

I imagine I could. :)

You need to show them the following

Ticket out Air or Bus

Hotel Booking for Thailand, I would advise at least a weeks bookings, probably more

Bank statement showing 20,000 Baht or the equivalant (sp)

If you cannot provide all of these then you will not receive a TV

You would be better of going to Vientianne where none of the above are asked for

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

You need to show them the following

Ticket out Air or Bus

Hotel Booking for Thailand, I would advise at least a weeks bookings, probably more

Bank statement showing 20,000 Baht or the equivalant (sp)

If you cannot provide all of these then you will not receive a TV

You would be better of going to Vientianne where none of the above are asked for

I don't want to hijack this thread, but planning to apply for a TV in P.P. via an agent, what are the latest requirements?? (I'm planning to take my bank book and cash).

8 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I don't want to hijack this thread, but planning to apply for a TV in P.P. via an agent, what are the latest requirements?? (I'm planning to take my bank book and cash).

• $1K USD or equivalent via bank-statement
  • flight out of Thailand
  • proof of where you will stay (rental-contract or hotel-booking)
  • usual form, pic, fee
  • agent-fee (recommended in Phnom Penh)

22 minutes ago, JackThompson said:
  • $1K USD or equivalent via bank-statement
  • flight out of Thailand
  • proof of where you will stay (rental-contract or hotel-booking)
  • usual form, pic, fee
  • agent-fee (recommended in Phnom Penh)

How about if I stayed in an apartment with my girlfriend? (I'm paying the rent). Could I just co-sign the rental contract, then use it in lieu of a hotel booking? And a recent copy of a bank book, plus original is not enough?

7 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

How about if I stayed in an apartment with my girlfriend? (I'm paying the rent). Could I just co-sign the rental contract, then use it in lieu of a hotel booking? And a recent copy of a bank book, plus original is not enough?

A recently-updated bank-book is fine - that's what I used.

Not sure how the rental-contract would be viewed if you are not named.  Maybe some online hotel bookings printed out (free / cancel-able, in some cases) would be a better idea, as this would also not imply an intent to stay a long-time.

Edited by JackThompson

1 minute ago, JackThompson said:

A recently-updated bank-book is fine - that's what I used.

Not sure how the rental-contract would be viewed if you are not named.  Maybe some online hotel bookings printed out (free / cancel-able, in some cases) would be a better idea, as this would also not imply an intent to stay a long-time.

Well, I don't worry about the hotel booking so much, as I can easily book and cancel again. Any advice on the flight ticket requirement? Would a booking confirmation from a low-cost airline, printed out, suffice?

If you have a good agent, he will do a reservation for you and cancel it, when you reached you destination. I did that quite often, as when I entered Thailand it was never clear, when I would leave.

Second option is to edit an old reservation and alter the data and make a printout.

• Like 1

Which websites would you recommend for a hotel booking and flight booking which you can cancel afterwards?

If you go to most any hotel website and select the fully refundable rate when you make a reservation you can cancel it without charge, often up to the day of the stay, most always up to 24 hours prior.

It is the same with airline tickets. Full fare tickets are (generally) refundable.
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, fxe1200 said:

If you have a good agent, he will do a reservation for you and cancel it, when you reached you destination. I did that quite often, as when I entered Thailand it was never clear, when I would leave.

Second option is to edit an old reservation and alter the data and make a printout.

Are you suggesting fraud? It will be interesting to see how the mods handle your post.

If, as other posters have alluded to, the immigration people monitor this forum then I expect we will see another rule change forthcoming, possibly proof of payment and the phone number of the hotel to confirm.

Well done guys!! And people wonder why things are getting harder......

Edited by tryasimight