Foreigners must still fill in ‘TM6’ immigration form for security reasons

rooster59

26 minutes ago, Redline said:

I was just in Malaysia~no visa, no lines, no money, quick service. nice people working, and even smiling....well?

Yep, last time me and SWMBO went there I went up to the desk and the IO looked and asked are you with your wife and waved her to the desk smiled and said family together 1 minute and stamped through.

?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Yep, last time me and SWMBO went there I went up to the desk and the IO looked and asked are you with your wife and waved her to the desk smiled and said family together 1 minute and stamped through.

?

I was happy and impressed.  Because of the ease, I will return there over other countries that I need to wait in long lines, and pay what I would spend in a day for a visa, or stamp.  I also felt safe there

The person that said the TM6 doesn't have any impact on the queues obviously hasn't stood behind a bunch of Chinese or Russians filling the form in at the Immigration desks.

I feel your pain but it is not the fault of the immigration authorities that certain people particular those mentioned in your post are unable to plan ahead and complete their landing card i.e. The tm30 before arriving in Thailand
It's very similar to standing in a queue of three or four people at an ATM and when the lady in front of you gets to the ATM she then proceeds to rummage through her enormous bag looking for her purse to get out her bank card!!
It's life just get over it

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 08/12/2017 at 10:41 AM, PhuketSarah said:

It's not just travel outside Thailand, if you spend the night elsewhere, such as in a hotel that is going to report you were there, you have to make a NEW TM- 30 with all the requisite paperwork. 

Meanwhile crooks just payola to do what they want.

Bad Guys Pay, Good Guys (and Gals) Harassed.

Agree. Also..Perhaps you can suggest why foreigners are allowed to work on walking street pattaya. I am confused because I thought that wasn't allowed. Things so confusing. I can't sleep at night. Its like a dream world here.

25 minutes ago, stud858 said:

Agree. Also..Perhaps you can suggest why foreigners are allowed to work on walking street pattaya. I am confused because I thought that wasn't allowed. Things so confusing. I can't sleep at night. Its like a dream world here.

You obviously didn't realise that Thailand is in a Parallel Universe !

4 hours ago, wgdanson said:

4000 passengers arriving at the same time.........average 200 per plane. My O level maths says that is 20 aircraft arriving AT THE SAME TIME.

You are making the basic mistake a lot of expats make here.

Do not bring logic into it.

7 hours ago, overherebc said:

Over the last few years we've done a lot of travelling and I honestly can't remember which countries still use landing cards.

I think, note think, Korea, Vietnam, Japan? 

Anyone can think of anymore, in Asia in particular?

Seems you did not travel enough at all, plus it may depend on YOUR nationality, which I assume is non-ASEAN.

About ALL Asian countries want it, the only real exception where they have dropped it fairly recently is MY=Malaysia.

But think of Laos-Cambodia-SINGapore-Indonesia-Phillippine-Myanmar-Kazakstan-Kyrgizstan-China-also HongKong-Iran-UAE. What they ask varies of course, except for the essentail personal data. But most do want to see some kind of adress for 1st night stay and ask if youve been in before (which often helps the process if they can find data stored already).

What is also often more stringent and adhered to in those countries is registration in hotels/places to stay-sometimes including what was place before/afters.