Retirement Ext CM...time to appear these days?

23 minutes ago, cheeryble said:

Thanks for that Nancy.

That sounds a bit naughty about updating the bank book same day eh?
I've certainly never heard of it and if you get an early slot how could you possibly do it especially as the bank usually says come back and pick it up later.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

No, updating the bankbook on the same day isn't a problem.  When I got my queue number, the Imm. employee handing them out told me to go up to the Bangkok Bank and run my passbook thru the update machine.  I guess they just want to make sure I hadn't withdrawn the 800,000 baht that I'd deposited nine years before when I first came to Thailand for my retirement visa.  The "update bankbook" machines are available anytime you can get into the mall.

6 hours ago, NancyL said:

No, updating the bankbook on the same day isn't a problem.  When I got my queue number, the Imm. employee handing them out told me to go up to the Bangkok Bank and run my passbook thru the update machine.  I guess they just want to make sure I hadn't withdrawn the 800,000 baht that I'd deposited nine years before when I first came to Thailand for my retirement visa.  The "update bankbook" machines are available anytime you can get into the mall.

Of course you're right I was first thinking of a letter and then forgot about multiple branches for update. Time for a wakeup kick in the head.

On September 18, 2017 at 4:31 PM, NancyL said:

I seem to recall hearing that the bank letter is valid for seven days, but they'll probably ask you to update the bankbook on the day, also.  They asked me to do this in January when I brought a letter and bankbook that were four days old.  

Hi Nancy and all.....

I have a guidance sheet the wife got at immigration about two months go or less.

It says nothing about updating the bankbook the same day. Photo below. Comments anyone?

IMG_2845.JPG

On 8/12/2017 at 11:33 PM, Psimbo said:

I love Chiang Mai but one thing that puts me off about moving up there is immigration- turning u at dark o'clock fora 90 day report is ridiculous. 

it took me a grand total of about 10 minutes (less travelling time) to renew my retirement extension last month in Pphuket.

I understand there are moves to upgrade and improve the buildings and service in Chiang Mai and I hope it happens soon.

CM doesnt accommodate 90 by mail ? would seem easier for everyone incl them

36 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

CM doesnt accommodate 90 by mail ? would seem easier for everyone incl them

Yes, of course CM Immigration handles 90 day reports by post.  Some people don't trust the postal system, can't get themselves organized sufficiently ahead of the deadline to do it, or just like to do things the hard way and think they have to go out in the dark of the night to queue for a service that can be done just about any time of the day at CM Imm.

Just now, NancyL said:

Yes, of course CM Immigration handles 90 day reports by post.  Some people don't trust the postal system, can't get themselves organized sufficiently ahead of the deadline to do it, or just like to do things the hard way and think they have to go out in the dark of the night to queue for a service that can be done just about any time of the day at CM Imm.

My understanding, is that only certain types of services required the early-AM queuing, due to the office limiting the number of that service they will process that day - such as retirement-based 1-year extensions.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cheeryble said:

Hi Nancy and all.....

I have a guidance sheet the wife got at immigration about two months go or less.

It says nothing about updating the bankbook the same day. Photo below. Comments anyone?

IMG_2845.JPG

This list, while fairly detailed doesn't contain everything.  For example, it's not sufficiently detailed as to exactly what items need to be copied from the passport, nor does it mention that you have to produce the original bank book, updated on the day you get the bank letter.  It implies that a copy of the bankbook is sufficient.  I suspect the need to further update the bankbook on the day of application for the extension is just one of the creative additional "rules" that the Imm. officer makes up on the fly.

• Like 1

Fair enough Nancy if i get an appointment time that enables it I'll update if not I'll get out the info sheet and say I was just following orders!

As someone who drops anchor about 3am or later I have a mind to take a flyer at walking in late in the day and giving it a try first. Maybe say my buffalo was sick this morning.