4 killed, 7 injured in head-on crash in Kalasin

webfact

17 hours ago, British Bulldog said:

Confusing headlines; "4 killed 7 injured" .... I count 4 people in the sedan killed plus Somchai and 6 passengers = 11 ... what a waste of lives ! Bad enough seeing young people die from road accidents but a 73 year old who must have dodged one or two accidents in Thailand during his life, only to have it ended in a stupid car crash ...

Confusing post.  The headlines and story content seen correct, four killed, seven injured, not confusing.  Your total is correct but I don't think it states that all eleven were killed, so how is the headline confusing or am I confused?   Just asking to alleviate the confusion.  :sorry:  :wai:

Headkine is clear  4 dead 7 injured.  

Rip.   I will wait for official word but such a tragedy. I wonder what seat belt usage was?  In USA they always specify seat belt usage in the initial article ( I guess it's obvious to police in seconds) as a  way to educate people.   I do think I missed the engineering class where you estimate speed of two vehicles based on just the damage and vehicle types.    

1 hour ago, Elkski said:

Headkine is clear  4 dead 7 injured.  

Rip.   I will wait for official word but such a tragedy. I wonder what seat belt usage was?  In USA they always specify seat belt usage in the initial article ( I guess it's obvious to police in seconds) as a  way to educate people.   I do think I missed the engineering class where you estimate speed of two vehicles based on just the damage and vehicle types.    

You do realize that there is an entire specialized field of Accident Reconstruction right?

5 hours ago, SilverBeast said:

You do realize that there is an entire specialized field of Accident Reconstruction right?

Of course. But that requires car position, as indicated by start of skid marks or impact point and ending location. Skid length, coefficient of friction, car mass, tire condition.   Impact angles, contact point.  

I just was referring to someone who guessed the speeds based on the photo provided.   I do know that the passengers in the car with the most momentum have so much greater chance of survival due to the impulse their bodies endure is so much less.  

Any word if drinking played a role?  I have read/heard where funerals usually involve some drinks.