Kasikorn bank, worst bank in Thailand ?

Aaaah..........the old IT Problem - I have a friend that has had KBank for 15 years in Kanchanaburi 

she sold a big piece of property, with a lake, 3 houses, a workshop & a barn on it, 40 Million Baht worth, somehow only 39 million was credited to her account...........it's been a year and all she is being told is it's a Computer problem, but could be caused by transfer fees, service charges,  and taxes.  I don't think that will ever be  resolved, just wait until she wants to close that account, they will pbly charge her another million.

As for SCB I have had good service for over 15 years...........no complaints.

Edited by TunnelRat69

I dislike KBank. I have usually found the service sub-par. I have gone to several branches and never really felt welcome or even respected. The customer service reps are a bit arrogant and tend not to listen.

KBank's WEB site won't allow for joint accounts to appear under more than one login. My wife and I share have a joint account which she can access via her login, yet I can't see it under my login. We asked them why and they arrogantly stated "that is just the way it is". Under Bangkok Bank this is possible.

Edited by Silurian

9 hours ago, lucjoker said:

Buy a good safe ?

anker it in concrete floor,

Hide it 

buy second safe ,dont hide it ,dont even close it and leave 5000 bht in it .

The banks intrest is minimal,no loss there.

But it saves you many traveling and waiting hours ,and if something happens.....

like the coup a few years ago , when all the banks were closed and atm's were empty......

you are still the boss of your money and move all to cambodja in a few hours .

I understand if your salary comes in a bank....but that is small money,you can live it up using 

your atm -card ,still dont have to go in a bank.

I know this is not suitable for all , but surely suits me .

Hey Luc. Great idea. Where exactly do you live?

I have a KBank account sine about 6 years and are quite happy with it. At the end it's up to the branch you use and how you talk to the stuff.

As somebody else already wrote every bank can be good or bad. You won't find a bank where nobody gives complains. And as a bank has more customers there of course will be more unhappy customers. At the end I guess the percentage of unhappy customers will be more or less about same from bank to bank.

15 hours ago, Silurian said:

I dislike KBank. I have usually found the service sub-par. I have gone to several branches and never really felt welcome or even respected. The customer service reps are a bit arrogant and tend not to listen.

KBank's WEB site won't allow for joint accounts to appear under more than one login. My wife and I share have a joint account which she can access via her login, yet I can't see it under my login. We asked them why and they arrogantly stated "that is just the way it is". Under Bangkok Bank this is possible.

Has it occurred to you it's your approach to the customer service reps that may be part of the problem? They may be not listening for a reason.

So use your wife's login when you want to check the account. Mountains and molehills spring to mind.

1 hour ago, bazza73 said:

Has it occurred to you it's your approach to the customer service reps that may be part of the problem? They may be not listening for a reason.

So use your wife's login when you want to check the account. Mountains and molehills spring to mind.

Sorry, I wasn't listening.

Typical, blame the customer attitude here. I never experienced the KBank's arrogant attitude at other banks (Bangkok Bank, Krungsri, etc.). 

Edited by Silurian

On 8/15/2017 at 10:53 AM, inThailand said:

Yup! The staff at 7-11 are more capable than bank staff. 

I also hate the long lines and waiting periods at K bank. 

But perhaps there is a reason so many people use K bank. 

:partytime2:

2 hours ago, Silurian said:

Sorry, I wasn't listening.

Typical, blame the customer attitude here. I never experienced the KBank's arrogant attitude at other banks (Bangkok Bank, Krungsri, etc.). 

So close your Kasikorn account and transfer to BB or Krungsri. Personally, have not had a problem with Kasikorn or their staff attitude.

The worst bit of this banking saga is that it does not depend on the reputation of the bank itself, but solely on the branch and on which type you fall upon at the counter to get your work done.....

A bit like immigration...they have rules, laws some fair, other not, but the final judgement is on the sole hands on the immigration boy/girl on duty behind his/her desk and how much luck you have on that specific day.....

Such dynamics make a country really amazing, but also sometimes rather disgusting!!:sorry::wai:

Edited by observer90210

On 8/15/2017 at 10:08 AM, aribo said:

I let my assistant call from thailand to them to unlock it, they dont want to do it. So i have to call from indonesia for 30 minutes at 65 thb / minute to unlock it. 

Next time, when calling from overseas either use Skype with some added credit or buy a local SIM (easy in Indonesia).

Works out much cheaper...

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 11:32 PM, balo said:

I have 3 accounts with Kasikorn and never had any problems , but I don't use it for business.  Online banking works great with Kbank . ATM card can be used for shopping , VISA also when I shop from outside of Thailand.

I transfer money from abroad and never had any issues. 

Pretty much the same story for me - never a problem.  Lost an ATM card once; getting it replaced was not a hassle.  'Have had to get my bank book updated inside a number of times because the machine wouldn't do it; never a long wait or a problem.  Inbound fund transfers always go off like clockwork.   But one thing a person learns eventually in Thailand is that just because A doesn't happen to experience something doesn't mean they never will OR that B, C and D won't.  And when it comes to the banks, a foreigner's experience can be VERY branch, day/time, and employee specific, and I doubt it's so much about the bank per se.   (Much like Immigration and a number of other things.)   You simply can't come to Thailand expecting consistency and all the consumer protections you're used to in the west - they don't exist and won't any time soon.  On their side it's carpe diem and on yours caveat emptor.