The Dead Horse................

Okay, I have a couple of questions about a topic which has probably been beaten to death, but bear with me: VISAS........................................

I have been in Chiang Mai since Oct. 19. I have made one border run and I am due for another on Jan. 14. If I were to leave Thailand on Jan. 14 in order to travel in Laos for 2 weeks, upon my return on let's say Jan. 28, does my stay in thailand become extended because my passport gets staMped on the 28th? And also I'm planning on visiting a friend in South Korea in February for the same amount of time. Is it 3 strikes, or stamps, and you're out or can you come and go as you please until 90 days are up?

Also, I am thinking of teaching English in Chiang Mai when i have finished traveling. If I get the work permit to teach for six months and then I decide to quit, am I allowed to remain in thailand? how long do i have to 'vacate the premises'? can i start all over and do the visa runs for the 90 days?

This is food for thought..............................................

They count the days. But if you are going to be outside of Thailand anyhow why not obtain a tourist visa which would allow a stay that is not counted?

If you get a work permit you will have to have a non immigrant visa - so you can stay until the visa entry says you must leave. Only if you obtain an extension of stay from Immigration would you be subject to the 7 days to leave country rule. If the entry is a 90 day visa type loss of employment would not reduce your permitted to stay time.