Trip to Singapore less than 6 months on UK passport

Quick question. I am going to Singapore next week but my UK passport expires on 11th February 2018, which is 5 months away. I am on a non-o marriage yearly extension, which is good until January. I just wanted to check this won't be a problem. I was going to get a re-entry at Don Muang and get a new passport when I get back. 

If there might be a problem at Singapore, I can enter and leave there with my Australian passport, which has 9 years left on it, then switch back when I return to Thailand. I'd rather not though.

My main concern is leaving and re-entering Thailand.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been asked before, I just can't find it.

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No problem to leave and re-enter Thailand. You only need a passport for your length of stay.

For Singapore you must have 6 months of passport validity.

Thanks ubonjoe. You have always answered my questions for which I am grateful.

Do you think it would be ok to leave Thailand on my UK one and then land in Singapore on my Australian passport, leave on Australian, and then switch back to UK passport in Thailand? I can't see any problem with it but thought I would check as according to the gov.uk site, they might not let me get on the plane. Thanks again

Edited by jrward42

7 minutes ago, kbelyeu said:

FYI  UK passports are granted 30 days upon entry while Australian passports are granted 90 days in Singapore.

Kurt

I didn't know that, thanks. I feel I should stay longer now but work sadly beckons. Good to know for the future though. 

jrward42 Uk passports having EU on the cover, get 90 days on arrival in Singapore. That's what I got last year. However I do believe that Visa-free entry for British passport holders without proof of right of abode in the United Kingdom are shortened to 30 days. Australians also get 90 days.

16 minutes ago, Inepto Cracy said:

jrward42 Uk passports having EU on the cover, get 90 days on arrival in Singapore. That's what I got last year. However I do believe that Visa-free entry for British passport holders without proof of right of abode in the United Kingdom are shortened to 30 days. Australians also get 90 days.

Thanks for the info. The main issue for me is that my visa (non-o) is in my UK passport but that has only 5 months left in it. Which Singapore doesn't like. My Australian has over 9 years, so I will do as Ubonjoe suggests. 

Good to know though. I will renew UK one when I get back to Bangkok (this trip was very last minute). I assume it will still have EU on it!

33 minutes ago, jrward42 said:

Thanks for the info. The main issue for me is that my visa (non-o) is in my UK passport but that has only 5 months left in it. Which Singapore doesn't like. My Australian has over 9 years, so I will do as Ubonjoe suggests. 

Good to know though. I will renew UK one when I get back to Bangkok (this trip was very last minute). I assume it will still have EU on it!

Here is the cover with chip for the Eu Passport for UK and Ireland.59956e672d1b7_Ukpassportcover.jpg.be2b2bd6af147b87ba9fe705f8a179df.jpg

On 15/08/2017 at 7:37 PM, kbelyeu said:

FYI  UK passports are granted 30 days upon entry while Australian passports are granted 90 days in Singapore.

Kurt

Rubbish, UK also gets 90 days upon entry, I go there several times a year and have always got 90 days.

• Like 1