Surin to Siem Reap

Hi

I will shortly be visiting to the in laws in Surin and whilst there fancy popping across the border to Surin, looking on the Cambodian consulate website e-visa's do not appear to be supported at the Chong Chom border crossing and visa's on arrival are only available at the international airports?

Do I have any other choices, the Poi Pet crossing would be a 5 hour drive so would prefer to cross at Chong Chom.

Cheers for any useful information in advance

You wright as if you are in Cambodia at present. What is your nationality? This crossing does not honor an e-visa but does grant visa exempt into Thailand for up to 30 days for many nationalities. A Cambodia visa is suppose to be 30 USD but normally your charged 1100 to 1500 baht.

Edited by khwaibah

Clearer..Chong Chom crossing is about 70 km south of Surin on the 214 highway. Its is reached by public transportation or private vehicle. E-visas are not honored at this crossing.   Cambodia is suppose to charge you 30 USD for a full page 30 day visa but most the time its 1100 to 1500 baht. You can get a bus or a taxi on the O'Smach side to SR. Buss is nice and air coned 350 baht each way. Taxi is 1000 to 1500 baht. Trip is about 2.5 hours each way. All foreigners and Thais in this are use this crossing.

32 minutes ago, Waterloo said:

Sorry just re read my post was in a hurry to get out the door to a meeting.

I am a uk passport holder in the uk will shortly fly to Thailand, want to visit Siam Reap from Surin.

Hope that is now clear.

Clearer..Chong Chom crossing is about 70 km south of Surin on the 214 highway. Its is reached by public transportation or private vehicle. E-visas are not honored at this crossing.   Cambodia is suppose to charge you 30 USD for a full page 30 day visa but most the time its 1100 to 1500 baht. You can get a bus or a taxi on the O'Smach side to SR. Buss is nice and air coned 350 baht each way. Taxi is 1000 to 1500 baht. Trip is about 2.5 hours each way. All foreigners and Thais in this area use this crossing. BTW as a UK passport holder if needed you will get a another 30 day visa exempt entry into Thailand at this crossing.

Edited by khwaibah

Cheers

very helpful I make 30 usd about 1000 thb will just take the hit, cheaper than driving to the other border crossing.

Believe the village is only about an hour from the border and a member of the extended family will drive us there, good to know prices on the other side.

Thanks for taking the time much appreciated

Edited by Waterloo