Lost My Network On Gsm

ossie99

I just arrived in Bkk from the south (Krabi) and my phone is unable to lock onto any of the networks, it just continues to search. The phone was purchased in the US, but once the thai SIM was in place, the phone worked fine. The phone is a samsung x-105 issued by t-mobile. Is there anything I can do to reset the tower search. I already tried a manual search, but the only network it showed was TH ACT 1900. Whats the deal here? Does anyone have a clue. Thanks for any advice you might have.

Yeah, that's a dual-band phone, 900 / 1900 in the US model.

It may work if you change bands. From what you indicate it might be set for 1900 which is a US-only band assignment. Change to 900 and I think you can access more Thailand carriers such as AIS.

What you really want is a tri-band phone ( 900 / 1800 / 1900 ) if you want to cover GSM in Asia, Europe AND the USA.

kenk3z

Just stop at one of the phone sellers and ask them to fix it for you. Most of them are pretty good about setting the options on phones and likely in a couple minutes you will be all set.

On a Samsung V205 (which may have similar software inside) you change bands by starting the MENU, then selecting NETWORK SERVICES, and then select BAND SELECTION.

From there you should see the option to change your band to GSM 900.

kenk3z