Tourist Visa Entry + 1 Month Extension

My tourist visa was about to expire so I went to immigration and they extended it for 30 days.

My extension ends at the end of this month, January.

Can I now do 3 same-day boarder crossings at 30 days each (90 days), without applying for a visa? -these are visa exempt entries I believe...

After that, can I apply for a tourist visa somewhere outside Thailand and begin the process again?

I plan to stay in Thailand for a year at least.

I am Canadian.

My tourist visa was about to expire so I went to immigration and they extended it for 30 days.

My extension ends at the end of this month, January.

Can I now do 3 same-day boarder crossings at 30 days each (90 days), without applying for a visa? -these are visa exempt entries I believe...

After that, can I apply for a tourist visa somewhere outside Thailand and begin the process again?

I plan to stay in Thailand for a year at least.

I am Canadian.

best and cheapest option (only in my opnion) is head for pennang in malasia, cheap flights but you will need at least one night there as they take your passport in b4 12 in a morning then you get it back the next afternoon after 2pm but i have seen people who have not filled in right and they must return next day so if you have fund book 2 nights.

I fly with air asia cos they do a hotel package on the net but thy might not be cheapest, thai embassy where you go is in georgetown where th nightlife is anyway.

you should get tourist 60 days after this you can at imigration office get 30, then at least 2 x 30 from cambodia maybe three but keep asking when you go it might all change by then and if you go over your 3 as i understand it you will have to leave thailand for 90 days. then repeat it again, good luck mate.

chris