Australia's Hanson wears burqa to parliament in bid to ban them

webfact

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stanford, one of USA’s most admired universities of higher learning has a great benevolent, altruistic humanitarian idea … now if this school will only start a course on that wonderful, peaceful, harmonious tranquil new group “Black Lives Matter” we can get on with the systematic elimination of the terrible horrible white race … this is not a joke or a mistake, this school really does have this “educational?” course

Stanford University course to study abolishing whiteness

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/35419/

Stanford University is slated to offer a class this fall called “White Identity Politics,” during which students will “survey the field of whiteness studies” and discuss the “possibilities of … abolishing whiteness,” according to the course description.

Gee is this throwing gasoline on the racist fire? Could this even be considered racist? Of course not it's just another way to mentally castrate white people ... next will come the social movement to physically liquidate (kill) all white babies at birth ... that should solve all our world problems …. damn those &*^%$#% white people anyway!!! ….

I’m 80 years old, have blue eyes, white/blond hair and white skin … I’ve never been a racist or a prejudiced person. Even gone out of my way to make friends or help people of other races, in the past I was never afraid to go places with/in a mixed crowd, in today’s world I would think twice about that risky venture. I have dated many black women (lived with 1), brown women (married 2). My first wife was a wonderful Mexican woman (brown skin) … Second wife red-headed white lady, Now my third wife is a fantastic Thai lady (brown skin) … we’ve been happily married for 11 years … at my age, my days on this planet are numbered … I’m sure leaving will be a blessing in disguise as I’m sure race wars will be a coming attraction in the future and white people will be the targets simply for being white … I guess it’s our turn in the barrel … Que Sera Sera

There is something to be said for some of that garb, male and female...covers a multitude of sins. Awkward when you need to pee though ( and probably explains why Saudi shopping mall toilets have about 15 cubicles for every urinal.

It's actually because Islam teaches people not to expose themselves in public, hence the use of cubicles

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, carken said:

Gee is this throwing gasoline on the racist fire? Could this even be considered racist? Of course not it's just another way to mentally castrate white people ... next will come the social movement to physically liquidate (kill) all white babies at birth ... that should solve all our world problems …. damn those &*^%$#% white people anyway!!! ….

I’m 80 years old, have blue eyes, white/blond hair and white skin … I’ve never been a racist or a prejudiced person. Even gone out of my way to make friends or help people of other races, in the past I was never afraid to go places with/in a mixed crowd, in today’s world I would think twice about that risky venture. I have dated many black women (lived with 1), brown women (married 2). My first wife was a wonderful Mexican woman (brown skin) … Second wife red-headed white lady, Now my third wife is a fantastic Thai lady (brown skin) … we’ve been happily married for 11 years … at my age, my days on this planet are numbered … I’m sure leaving will be a blessing in disguise as I’m sure race wars will be a coming attraction in the future and white people will be the targets simply for being white … I guess it’s our turn in the barrel … Que Sera Sera

Oh Noooo!! The mental castration has already begun!!

On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:30 AM, andersonat said:
On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:28 AM, simple1 said:
On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:22 AM, farcanell said:

call me crazy, but concealing your identity in public, is just wrong.... and there's nothing racist, predjudiced or anti Muslim in my position, I'm simply anti identity concealment.

Then also ban wearing bike helmets, hoodies etc in public places

- Is a road "a public place" ?

Yes.

In the UK there is a growing problem of attacks by moped riders on pedestrians, snatching phones, handbags etc. and then speeding off; as well as attacks on shops.

The moped menace: how the scooter became muggers’ vehicle of choice

Image result for moped attacks london

Robbers on mopeds ransack London jewellery store in broad daylight as people film on phones

boodles-3.jpg

Notice that they are wearing full face helmets.

Perhaps you can produce evidence of a similar crime wave carried out by people wearing burkas?

57 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Yes.

In the UK there is a growing problem of attacks by moped riders on pedestrians, snatching phones, handbags etc. and then speeding off; as well as attacks on shops.

The moped menace: how the scooter became muggers’ vehicle of choice

Image result for moped attacks london

Robbers on mopeds ransack London jewellery store in broad daylight as people film on phones

boodles-3.jpg

Notice that they are wearing full face helmets.

Perhaps you can produce evidence of a similar crime wave carried out by people wearing burkas?

12 months, 10 raids, Manchester, England.

Edited by andersonat

1 hour ago, andersonat said:

12 months, 10 raids, Manchester, England.

Indeed; Gang who wore burkas during burglaries jailed for 87 years

A gang that used burkas to disguise their appearance during armed robberies has been jailed for a total of 87 years.

Christopher Ryder, Michael Gabriel, Nicholas Fox, Nyron Brown and Caine Williams were arrested following a major police operation in 2015.

But I asked " Perhaps you can produce evidence of a similar crime wave carried out by people wearing burkas?"

One gang using burkas to disguise themselves does not equate to the crime wave currently being carried out by muggers on mopeds wearing full face crash helmets.

From the first article I linked to above

In the 12 months to June 2017, the Metropolitan police recorded 16,158 thefts by people using mopeds – more than three times as many as the 5,145 reported between July 2015 and June 2016.

If a country wants to ban burkas in public; up to that country. But unless all face coverings are banned, as in France with some exceptions, then a burka ban is motivated purely by prejudice; not a concern over public safety or crime prevention.

On 8/18/2017 at 5:22 AM, simple1 said:

Anyone wearing a burka would immediate gain attention. I believe only one bank robbery with a burka back in 2010 & not a Muslim. However, with the level of security, how many armed bank robberies these days in Oz? Personally I have only once witnessed people wearing a burka in Oz and that was some women departing a luxury hotel in a limousine in Sydney.

Hanson was security checked before being permitted to enter the Chamber wearing a burka. Overall relatively low level of support for One nation (Hanson is her own worst enemy); in the recent WA State elections voter support was under 5%.

Most of these burqa wearing crime incidents will fly under the radar - I am being polite. Here is another one from 2 days ago, seems Ms Hanson was very right to bring attention to this sorry situation.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/robber-in-burqa-hits-croydon-takeaway/news-story/e851f5a53b8a610f43e77944aef4d27b

45 minutes ago, FreddieRoyle said:

Most of these burqa wearing crime incidents will fly under the radar - I am being polite. Here is another one from 2 days ago, seems Ms Hanson was very right to bring attention to this sorry situation.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/robber-in-burqa-hits-croydon-takeaway/news-story/e851f5a53b8a610f43e77944aef4d27b

Guess what, the guy wasn't a Muslim. Could just as easily worn a balaclava. Hanson's is purely a far right populist, other minorities which she identified in the past were also red meat for her demographic. It's all about her trying to obtain some influence / money, she's a deceitful, spiteful, nasty individual, nothing about what's good for Australia, only about her.

19 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Guess what, the guy wasn't a Muslim. Could just as easily worn a balaclava. Hanson's is purely a far right populist, other minorities which she identified in the past were also red meat for her demographic. It's all about her trying to obtain some influence / money, she's a deceitful, spiteful, nasty individual, nothing about what's good for Australia, only about her.

I see you have an intimate knowledge of her character or is this comment just a leftover from what is being said of others.  Can't you say something without be rude, crude, vile and absolutely irrelevant.  This is about her wearing a burqa, not how much you hate her.  Are you even an Aussie?:sorry: but no wonder there are divides, you are doing a great job of it. :wai:

14 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

I see you have an intimate knowledge of her character or is this comment just a leftover from what is being said of others.  Can't you say something without be rude, crude, vile and absolutely irrelevant.  This is about her wearing a burqa, not how much you hate her.  Are you even an Aussie?:sorry: but no wonder there are divides, you are doing a great job of it. :wai:

I have kept an eye on Hanson's comments, she is rude, crude and vile. Her manifesto, IMO, makes no sense whatsoever regards the future stability & prosperity for Australia. I am an Australian citizen & support the head of Oz domestic security and the AG, who both clearly stated on the public record Hanson's views / actions are unhelpful. If you place more faith in Hanson, one wonders about you...

Edited by simple1

7 minutes ago, simple1 said:

I have kept an eye on Hanson's comments, she is rude, crude and vile. Her manifesto, IMO, makes no sense whatsoever regards the future stability & prosperity for Australia. I am an Australian citizen & support the head of Oz domestic security and the AG, who both clearly stated on the public record Hanson's views / actions are unhelpful. If you place more faith in Hanson, one wonders about you...

I have not placed my faith in anyone, just tired of people coming on here venting their hatred instead of sticking to the topic.  if you are an Aussie then maybe you should learn the old adage of a fair go for everyone or is it difficult to discuss someone with the adjectives being thrown about.

What is wrong with her bringing the attention to a garment that is demeaning to the women who wear it and prevents identification. Your remarks about the guy and woman wearing the burqa in an armed hold up is  clear indication that it should be banned in public

You do not have to wonder about me nor direct your demeaning remarks toward someone who challenges you.  And note, I am able to reply without resorting to the same. :wai:

22 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

I have not placed my faith in anyone, just tired of people coming on here venting their hatred instead of sticking to the topic.  if you are an Aussie then maybe you should learn the old adage of a fair go for everyone or is it difficult to discuss someone with the adjectives being thrown about.

What is wrong with her bringing the attention to a garment that is demeaning to the women who wear it and prevents identification. Your remarks about the guy and woman wearing the burqa in an armed hold up is  clear indication that it should be banned in public

You do not have to wonder about me nor direct your demeaning remarks toward someone who challenges you.  And note, I am able to reply without resorting to the same. :wai:

I see you have completely ignored the statements by those responsibly for Oz national security. Don't hate Hanson, but IMO she is a complete waste of space for the future of Australia.

In the past you have posted very bigoted hateful commentary, so no more response to your hypocrisy and baiting - bye

Edited by simple1

5 hours ago, simple1 said:

I see you have completely ignored the statements by those responsibly for Oz national security. Don't hate Hanson, but IMO she is a complete waste of space for the future of Australia.

In the past you have posted very bigoted hateful commentary, so no more response to your hypocrisy and baiting - bye

It was deliberately ignored because what they stated is irrelevant, they are out to destroy her, just like they tried in the past.  She even went to gaol but was later exonerated.  As for your last sentence, well what can one say except you are very scant with the truth but than most on here know that. :wai:

On 8/25/2017 at 5:25 PM, Si Thea01 said:

It was deliberately ignored because what they stated is irrelevant, they are out to destroy her, just like they tried in the past.  She even went to gaol but was later exonerated.  As for your last sentence, well what can one say except you are very scant with the truth but than most on here know that. :wai:

Ditto - I have been ignoring the ignorance for a few days and you have summed it up perfectly.

Amazing how some people just cannot see the forest for the trees - and even more amazing that many here dont even know what that means.

Bankok Bank wont let me ware Sun Glasses , is the Sun offended.?.Its a security issue, but very usefull to chuck the Racist Card on the table..Sun Worshippers should start bleating next.[emoji68]?‍[emoji310]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

5 hours ago, ELVIS123456 said:

Ditto - I have been ignoring the ignorance for a few days and you have summed it up perfectly.

Amazing how some people just cannot see the forest for the trees - and even more amazing that many here dont even know what that means.

I ask you, as stated early on in this topic, do you really believe banning the burka will reduce terror attacks / criminal acts in Oz. IMO it will not make any difference whatsoever, it's just nonsense. Two people who head government security matters in Oz are of the same POV. The other excuse is freedom for oppressed women,  yet more BS, their partners who believe this stuff will stop them from going out in public.

Hanson and others from the right of centre should quit the BS and just admit the truth; they want to ban wearing the burka in public because they find it culturally offensive.

Edited by simple1

Burkas are an eye sore; a blot on the landscape. They make the world an uglier place. They are unfriendly; passive agressive actually. They ghetto-ise people. They are a discourtesy to others. They are anti social. Facial expression is an essential part of human communication so burkhas are dehumanising.

Finally, they turn reasonable people like me into bigots.

They should be banned in public in all civilised countries.

28 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Burkas are an eye sore; a blot on the landscape. They make the world an uglier place. They are unfriendly; passive agressive actually. They ghetto-ise people. They are a discourtesy to others. They are anti social. Facial expression is an essential part of human communication so burkhas are dehumanising.

Finally, they turn reasonable people like me into bigots.

They should be banned in public in all civilised countries.

I agree that there is a strong case for banning all face coverings in public. Notice I've avoided the word "burqa" because that is a magnet for islamophobes for whom the security argument is simply a convenient fig leaf for bigotry.

You are wrong though about burqas turning decent people into bigots. Give the bigots some credit; bigots are self-made people!

Hanson, with her stunt in government chambers, has not advanced the debate at all. With this stunt, she has made people who have perfectly good arguments against public face coverings to be inadvertently identified with her islamophobia, forcing them to shelve the debate. I believe it was never her intention to honestly advance any rational debate, but to bolster the kind of notoriety that allows her to gain votes from insular Australians.

Sadly, she seems to have succeeded.

52 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

I agree that there is a strong case for banning all face coverings in public. Notice I've avoided the word "burqa" because that is a magnet for islamophobes for whom the security argument is simply a convenient fig leaf for bigotry.

You are wrong though about burqas turning decent people into bigots. Give the bigots some credit; bigots are self-made people!

Hanson, with her stunt in government chambers, has not advanced the debate at all. With this stunt, she has made people who have perfectly good arguments against public face coverings to be inadvertently identified with her islamophobia, forcing them to shelve the debate. I believe it was never her intention to honestly advance any rational debate, but to bolster the kind of notoriety that allows her to gain votes from insular Australians.

Sadly, she seems to have succeeded.

Well said

1 hour ago, electric said:

Banning the burqa in Australia. Would that be any more radical than the strict dress standards imposed on Westerners in Islamic countries ?

I have read about 500 hundred women wear the niqab or burka in public in Oz, no idea at all if this is correct; frankly I don't like them them and in many Muslim countries not required. However, the old saying applies - Two wrongs don't make a right.

If you live in Thailand I assume you respect Thai conventions and wear appropriate clothing in public, temples etc

Edited by simple1

2 hours ago, electric said:

Banning the burqa in Australia. Would that be any more radical than the strict dress standards imposed on Westerners in Islamic countries ?

One reason for Australians' pride in their country is the fact that Australia embraces a live and let live liberal attitude. Many parts of that attitude are enshrined in law. This means changes need to be debated rationally, on their merits, shorn of prejudices. Debate and persuasion are the order of the day. That very Australian kind of debate cannot be had while self-interested sh!t stirrers like Hanson hijack the issue with stunts designed to build divisions rather than consensus.

Simply wily nilly imposing the worst practices from elsewhere in a beggar thy neighbor race to the bottom of spitefulness is, I think you'll agree, un-Australian.

There is nothing inherently Islamic about face coverings. The requirement does not stand up to either logical or religious scrutiny. However Muslims are going to be defensive about this as long as people like Hanson come at it from an anti-immigrant, andti-Muslim perspective while thinly couching their bigotry in other garb. She and her ilk also give cover Muslim patriarchal fundamentalists who are happy to play victim to continue their practice of female subjugation.

Let the bigots remove their veils first. Then we can have an honest debate.

6 hours ago, simple1 said:

I ask you, as stated early on in this topic, do you really believe banning the burka will reduce terror attacks / criminal acts in Oz. IMO it will not make any difference whatsoever, it's just nonsense. Two people who head government security matters in Oz are of the same POV. The other excuse is freedom for oppressed women,  yet more BS, their partners who believe this stuff will stop them from going out in public.

Hanson and others from the right of centre should quit the BS and just admit the truth; they want to ban wearing the burka in public because they find it culturally offensive.

Forest and trees mate, forest and trees.

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

I have read about 500 hundred women wear the niqab or burka in public in Oz, no idea at all if this is correct; frankly I don't like them them and in many Muslim countries not required. However, the old saying applies - Two wrongs don't make a right.

If you live in Thailand I assume you respect Thai conventions and wear appropriate clothing in public, temples etc

Deflection

Where in the civilised world is wearing a Burkha appropriate dress? We're not asking for arse cheek glimsing shorts, crop tops or plunging necklines. The burkha is a throwback, it's unsuitable!!

Why is it black? You know, black body radiation? Bacofoil

would be superior. Do they do Al foil Gortex?

Shiney black would be better, or white. Infra red you see; infra dig!

Edited by Grouse