Who is looking forward to the new park on the Southside?

Hal65

There's a new park being developed South of walking street. Anyone looking forward to some nice greenery? I love its location, being beachside and so close to the wild nightlife as well. My only concern is how well the park will be built and maintained (Haven't actually been to a Thai park yet).

You are talking about Bali Hai area ? ....there used to be a very nice park and a promenade all the way to the fake light house.

Then someone got a brilliant idea to build a "robotic" parking lot on the park and a "marina" that never opened followed by years of no maintenance...+ a skyscraper that may never get finished....the whole area is just a depressing eyesore
As for this new "park"
I'll wager it has more to do with making it look pretty for the Naval regatta that they are holding in the area from 13th to 22nd of November.

Last I heard the
"Chinese pavilion" had been "appropriated" by city hall who in turn would appoint a private contractor to look after the site
So it should still be there but I haven't been up there to check for myself in the past year.

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:14 PM, thaitero said:

Exact location or do you mean the place just before going up to the mountain?

Hardly a mountain, but there are two sort of parks. One is the exercise park near the top on the road going over to Jomptien. The other is above the lighthouse, but not too high. Neither is an attractive option for people without transport.

The Bali Hi one was nice to hang out to eat before catching a ferry to Larn. I guess nice parks don't put money in certain people's pockets.

The most pressing problem in Pattaya is traffic. The proposed park area would be best used as a bus parking lot until they come up with a better solution to the bus madness. This would reduce empty runs by tour busses looking for a parking space after sending passengers off to Koh Larn ferries or walking street significantly. 

They could also add a cable cart or similar from there to the viewing platform on Kao Pradamnak and thereby reduce traffic up the hill

3 hours ago, John Singer said:

The most pressing problem in Pattaya is traffic. The proposed park area would be best used as a bus parking lot until they come up with a better solution to the bus madness. This would reduce empty runs by tour busses looking for a parking space after sending passengers off to Koh Larn ferries or walking street significantly. 

They could also add a cable cart or similar from there to the viewing platform on Kao Pradamnak and thereby reduce traffic up the hill

Singapore would have had a cable car up there donkey's years ago. Somehow, LOS never seems to get it.

It'd be great if they did. Even just for the people living up there, so they didn't have to drive into town.

If they can build a mountain railway to Doi Suthep, why is it that Pattaya can't build one up there? No need to answer. Most of us know why.

31 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Singapore would have had a cable car up there donkey's years ago. Somehow, LOS never seems to get it.

It'd be great if they did. Even just for the people living up there, so they didn't have to drive into town.

If they can build a mountain railway to Doi Suthep, why is it that Pattaya can't build one up there? No need to answer. Most of us know why.

to be fair, Singapore has a 150 year lead on Pattaya

22 hours ago, phycokiller said:

to be fair, Singapore has a 150 year lead on Pattaya

Not so. It was mainly just a huge military base till independence. All the stuff tourists like was built after.

However, Pattaya is really a million years behind Singapore when it comes to infrastructure, but if they can build a useless car park at Bali Hi, surely then could build a hill railway. It's not like they haven't built any in Thailand before.

Even Penang was able to build a cable car way back before mass tourism. What excuse does Pattaya have?

Edited by thaibeachlovers

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not so. It was mainly just a huge military base till independence. All the stuff tourists like was built after.

However, Pattaya is really a million years behind Singapore when it comes to infrastructure, but if they can build a useless car park at Bali Hi, surely then could build a hill railway. It's not like they haven't built any in Thailand before.

Even Penang was able to build a cable car way back before mass tourism. What excuse does Pattaya have?

well, did they manage to complete that car park, does it still work? marina? apartment block? I think a hill side railway is pushing it a bit and even if they could Im not sure I would risk using it. maybe it could be classified as adventure tourism, like paragliding and visa runs in vans

Edited by phycokiller

17 hours ago, phycokiller said:

well, did they manage to complete that car park, does it still work? marina? apartment block? I think a hill side railway is pushing it a bit and even if they could Im not sure I would risk using it. maybe it could be classified as adventure tourism, like paragliding and visa runs in vans

Are you aware that they have a cable car to Doi Suthep? Been there for donkey's years and used by most going to the temple. No one advertising it as adventure tourism.

Car park never used by the public, but I did see something about a potential opening recently.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you aware that they have a cable car to Doi Suthep? Been there for donkey's years and used by most going to the temple. No one advertising it as adventure tourism.

Car park never used by the public, but I did see something about a potential opening recently.

just joking about the adventure tourism, but no , I dont even know where Doi Suthep is