Myanmar men appeal against death sentences over British murders in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, greenchair said:

Who cares the name. 

Nothing to do with this case. 

That issue should have been dealt with by the defense 2 years ago. 

Now we're all hoping the supreme court will uphold the verdict. 

Some are hoping the death penalty will be overturned because of their age. But since the human rights lawyers didn't ask for that, highly unlikely. I guess their next hope is a royal pardon. Let's hope they don't stuff that up with nonsense, someone else did it. 

Just found it this would be when Nomsod went missing.

The investigation into the murder of two British tourists in Koh Tao sees a new twist after the police questioned two prime suspects they earlier said have enough evidence to prove their connection.

Police interrogated Woraphan Toovichien, 49, a village headman and owner of AC Bar which is located near the murder scene, and his brother, Montriwat Toovichien, owner of In Touch resort and caretaker of AC Bar.

Both gave good cooperation to the police and they denied they had any connection.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/new-twist-murder-two-brits-koh-tao/

•  

18 hours ago, greenchair said:

Who cares the name. 

Nothing to do with this case. 

That issue should have been dealt with by the defense 2 years ago. 

Now we're all hoping the supreme court will uphold the verdict. 

Some are hoping the death penalty will be overturned because of their age. But since the human rights lawyers didn't ask for that, highly unlikely. I guess their next hope is a royal pardon. Let's hope they don't stuff that up with nonsense, someone else did it. 

who is is we're ????

(ii) The basic facts: the murders 8. On 15 September 2014 two young British tourists, Hannah Witheridge and David Miller, were brutally murdered on the island of Koh Tao in Thailand. Hannah was also raped.

https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/hq_15X0311_final.pdf  Page 3

If you have enquiries about the work of the judiciary please write to us at the address below:

Judicial Office 
11th floor, Thomas More Building
Royal Courts of Justice
Strand
London WC2A 2LL

Edited by JLCrab

another 

10 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Because they took Panya's story verbatim and after one year of trying to prove that what they printed was true, they couldn't do it.

this one 

Just found it this would be when Nomsod went missing.

The investigation into the murder of two British tourists in Koh Tao sees a new twist after the police questioned two prime suspects they earlier said have enough evidence to prove their connection.

Police interrogated Woraphan Toovichien, 49, a village headman and owner of AC Bar which is located near the murder scene, and his brother, Montriwat Toovichien, owner of In Touch resort and caretaker of AC Bar.

Both gave good cooperation to the police and they denied they had any connection.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/new-twist-murder-two-brits-koh-tao/

1 minute ago, JLCrab said:

I sent her a message.

sure you did

maybe you missed this 

This could of been what happened .

Sean,Hannah,David sitting on the log playing Guitar singing.

Drunken thugs come a long start pushing shoving a fight breaks out. 

Sean is  hit but escaped thats why blood was all over the guitar and his cut arm but he manages to take  off and he recognised them all and try to hide.

Calls media when he is found to save his life tweets photo's of suspects.

Sean has had his life threatened by Mon and the other cop plus  headman have done research quickly on Sean past underage girls i think.

They killed David first most likely then killed Hannah as she saw it all.

Set her up in a position to look like she was raped and went looking for scapegoats.

Village headman and cops are also holding something else against Sean like an  underage person willing to step forward at anytime if he speaks.

Sean has to be let go as too much media attention but in my opinion he is the man that could help the b2 to be released.

a little recap here

http://www.dvb.no/news/police-tried-to-manipulate-koh-tao-witness-court-told/54664

Edited by StealthEnergiser

On 8/21/2017 at 0:05 PM, z42 said:

These poor boys are done for. But looking at the situation back home in Rakhine state I doubt their existence there would be ideal either.

I wish them well, but this setup works best for Thailand's face even though it portrays all those involved as having less morals than a sewer rat

I agree with most of your post, but they wouldn't be in shackles back in their home country.  They had to come to Thailand for that experience. 

Edited by JimP
no post

3 hours ago, StealthEnergiser said:

sure you did

maybe you missed this 

This could of been what happened .

Sean,Hannah,David sitting on the log playing Guitar singing.

Drunken thugs come a long start pushing shoving a fight breaks out. 

Sean is  hit but escaped thats why blood was all over the guitar and his cut arm but he manages to take  off and he recognised them all and try to hide.

Calls media when he is found to save his life tweets photo's of suspects.

Sean has had his life threatened by Mon and the other cop plus  headman have done research quickly on Sean past underage girls i think.

They killed David first most likely then killed Hannah as she saw it all.

Set her up in a position to look like she was raped and went looking for scapegoats.

Village headman and cops are also holding something else against Sean like an  underage person willing to step forward at anytime if he speaks.

Sean has to be let go as too much media attention but in my opinion he is the man that could help the b2 to be released.

a little recap here

http://www.dvb.no/news/police-tried-to-manipulate-koh-tao-witness-court-told/54664

I think the underage girl incident was mentioned much much later, some girl Sean met in the UK on the internet a few years before if I remember right. What the headman or bar owner brought up was the blood on the guitar which Sean claimed was due to a motorbike accident a few days before.

An expert looking at the spray pattern might be able to throw further light on that claim.

If the above poster is right then why would Sean remain silent now? 

Of course if Sean was involved, his continual silence is more understandable, if still morally repugnant.

2 minutes ago, bannork said:

I think the underage girl incident was mentioned much much later, some girl Sean met in the UK on the internet a few years before if I remember right. What the headman or bar owner brought up was the blood on the guitar which Sean claimed was due to a motorbike accident a few days before.

An expert looking at the spray pattern might be able to throw further light on that claim.

If the above poster is right then why would Sean remain silent now? 

Of course if Sean was involved, his continual silence is more understandable, if still morally repugnant.

Mon claimed an employee had helped to wash blood of Sean on the night of the murders, and this prompted the  questioning of Mcanna by Mon and off duty policeman in the bar

7 minutes ago, rockingrobin said:

Mon claimed an employee had helped to wash blood of Sean on the night of the murders, and this prompted the  questioning of Mcanna by Mon and off duty policeman in the bar

Yes, I remember Mon saying that.  A photo of the blood on the guitar.that Sean said came from losing balance  driving the motorbike whilst carrying 2 bags and the guitar.

sean and guitar.jpg