Property Rentals

While I am away for the next month or so my neighbours (From UK) have asked if they can rent my house for one month while they complete renovations to their property.

I would appreciate any comments regarding potential down side if I go ahead?

13 hours ago, Lancelot01 said:

I would appreciate any comments regarding potential down side if I go ahead?

I suppose it all rather depends on what they are like. But personally I see only downsides to this and I would hate the idea of having anyone at all in my home. Partners, neighbours, relatives, friends, cleaners, tradesmen, burglars: all are equally unwelcome.

42 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I suppose it all rather depends on what they are like. But personally I see only downsides to this and I would hate the idea of having anyone at all in my home. Partners, neighbours, relatives, friends, cleaners, tradesmen, burglars: all are equally unwelcome.

For once we agree. Prefer to leave properties vacant, more hassle than its worth even if you trust them.

A lot depends on how well you know and like your neighbors.  How well do they maintain their own house/yard?

But, as @trogers said above, renovations often run beyond estimated date of completion.  I did a not-so-extensive renovation, other than gutting the bathroom, on my one-bedroom condo with a promise from the (farang) construction firm that it would absolutely not go beyond seven weeks, and it took *thirteen* weeks before I could move back in.  They are still not done with fixing/repairing things that weren't done properly, but at least I was able to move in.  Think through how you think your situation would go if something like that happened with your neighbors living in your house.