Deputy BKK Governor meets Municipal Chiefs on rewards for littering reports

webfact

Deputy BKK Governor meets Municipal Chiefs on rewards for littering reports

PNSOC600822001001101_22082017_111708.jpg

BANGKOK, 22 August 2017 (NNT) – Bangkok officials have handed policy to municipal heads in all 50 districts of the city on the rewarding of citizens who provide information leading to the arrest of litterers. 

Deputy Bangkok Governor Pol Lt Gen Amnuay Nimmano has held a meeting with the municipal heads of Bangkok’s 50 districts and announced to them a policy under the City Cleanliness and Orderliness Act that rewards a portion of the fine for littering and other disorderly acts to the good Samaritans who report the act.

At the meeting, it was made known that since the practice has been employed, over 400 reports have been filed with 200 investigated and 40 people fined. Most of the reports were on motorcycles riding on sidewalks.

The deputy governor affirmed to the local chiefs that citizens seeking a reward must make sure to photograph the license plate of the offender and have proof that a wrongdoing was committed. 

The municipal heads were told that inactivity would result in a disciplinary transfer to a public services division where 30 posts have been made vacant. 

The deputy governor will next week meet with Metropolitan Police on this matter.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-08-22

How about I snitch on one of my neighbours for constanly sweeping the shit from his garden into the road, instead picking it up and putting it into the bin.  How about snitching on another neighbour that lets his 2 dogs shit in the road outside my house, and doesn't clean it up.  How about snitching on yet another neighbour that throws his fag ends into the road; I counted 26 the other day.  And it goes on....

The way it's going, I can see the murder statistics rising at an alarming pace, once the snitches get known.  Another few years and Thailand could add "Murder Capital of the World" to its list of achievements.

Edited by Moti24