Where to Get Oversized Cardboard Boxes in Chiang Mai?

CrashTestDummy

Greetings,

I need to find a large cardboard box for shipping some bulky stuff, but I'm having no luck. I went to the Baan Tawai area today to check with the various shipping companies. No luck. 

Largest box at Thai Post isn't quite big enough either. Box must be no less than 70cm x 50cm x 50cm.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-CTD

Suthep Road, about 80m beyond Canal Road on the right as you head for the hills.  There's a guy who is there in the afternoons with a pickup full of what looks like a huge selection of new boxes which I guess he sells to the students.  No idea of prices but the location suggests he's probably competitive.

Used boxes are worth real money here and the big stores all have arrangements with re-cycling people who come and collect regularly.

Edited by Greenside
afterthought

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/22/2017 at 8:07 PM, sfokevin said:

Have you seen the boxes that HomePro sells?

There is this place near Kamthiem... but they may only sell in bulk?
https://goo.gl/maps/E4ZVXv1GRxT2

IMG_0099.PNG

I thought I'd report back here in case anyone finds this thread helpful in the future... Lanna InterPack will custom make boxes in whatever dimensions you request. We were able to order a box to the specific size we needed and it was ready in a few days. Cost was 200 baht for a giant box. Just what I needed!

1 hour ago, CrashTestDummy said:

I thought I'd report back here in case anyone finds this thread helpful in the future... Lanna InterPack will custom make boxes in whatever dimensions you request. We were able to order a box to the specific size we needed and it was ready in a few days. Cost was 200 baht for a giant box. Just what I needed!

They have been there for decades providing packaging products with good service.  Much more pleasant than buying at Macro or Home Pro.