Phuket police find no leads on tourist who fell out of speeding tuk-tuk

webfact

Phuket police find no leads on tourist who fell out of speeding tuk-tuk

Shela Riva

1503545948_1.jpg

Police have been unable to locate the tourist, who was treated at hospital under the name 'Dabin Yliawylia', age 37, Photo: Khao Yai rescue workers

PHUKET: -- Police have found no leads in the search for the tourist who fell out of a moving tuk-tuk in the early hours of Sunday (Aug 20), and have been unable to bring in the tuk-tuk driver to face charges for leaving the scene.

The tourist, who sustained head injuries after he fell out of the speeding vehicle early on Sunday was treated at Vachira Phuket Hospital under the name “Dabin Yliawylia”, 37. 

However, the man was discharged the next day and Tourist Police have been unable to locate him.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-find-no-leads-on-tourist-who-fell-out-of-speeding-tuk-tuk-63583.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-08-24

3 hours ago, johncat1 said:

Maybe dead in a hotel room somewhere if he had serious injuries 

a distinct possibility  /  usual observation period is 24 h / post traumatic complications, including intracranial bleeding are common, and can even show up days later.

1 hour ago, free123 said:

not surprising someone is doing the airplane when in one of these hell boxes called tuk tuk with a driver that is full of yaba and angry thoughts he is not allowed to express.... 

I see no logic in tuk tuks, more expensive than an airconditioned taxi no meters and stupid drivers. Leave them for followers of reality TV shows

24 minutes ago, edwardflory said:

Hmmmm

Let me see...did immigration computers break? (  maybe )

Did immigration stop keeping names and addresses....stop keeping TM-30's....just wondering...

You beat me to it!

Makes a mockery of this data that Immigration "need" - when it might come in useful, they don't even use it! D'Oh!:sad:

Especially as, AFAIK Immigration is a department of the Police.

Edited by VBF

How about a positive note....he's fine and is happy about that, so no more fuss necessary.

I know I am leaving myself wide open to ridicule and scorn by introducing a positive note on this forum ....I can hear the moans and sighs already....it's just not the "done thing".......old chap.

12 hours ago, Grumpy Duck said:

I hope the person is ok. But I seem to recall a side effect from a subdural hemotoma (bruised brain) is irrational violent behavior. 

Absolutely. I experienced this first hand. I had a subdural haemotoma after a particularly nasty motorcycle accident.

For a week or so I was bordering on psychopathic lol

20 hours ago, wombat said:

once again a joke is made about facial recognition software and the pic you have taken at immi before entering the country?

Oh that.............doesn't work on Farang's, only Thai people.