Plan a trip

Ian1980

Next month will plan a trip of 5 days to visit as much as private or company farms as i am in the idea to start to raise cows for milk and beef. Can anyone suggest places where to find what i am looking for? Thanks a lot for any help.

There is a dairy farm approx. half way between Nakhon Ratchasima and Saraburi which is open to the general public. I haven't been there, but I've been told it's quite interesting and the owners (Thais) both speak English and seem to be very friendly and happy to answer questions. I think it's called "Chokchai farm" and is located in Pak Chong. 169 Mu 2 Thanon Mittaphap, Amphoe Pak Chong, Nakhon Ratchasima 30130

40 minutes ago, djayz said:

There is a dairy farm approx. half way between Nakhon Ratchasima and Saraburi which is open to the general public. I haven't been there, but I've been told it's quite interesting and the owners (Thais) both speak English and seem to be very friendly and happy to answer questions. I think it's called "Chokchai farm" and is located in Pak Chong. 169 Mu 2 Thanon Mittaphap, Amphoe Pak Chong, Nakhon Ratchasima 30130

http://www.farmchokchai.com/en/index_content.php?content_id=3

To my knowledge Farm Chochai is the largest dairy farm in Thailand. The surrounding area has hundreds of smaller dairy farms operations on going. Milk cans are in front of  of every house you pass.

http://www.farmchokchai.com/en/index_content.php?content_id=29

Edited by khwaibah

maybe try and go to your local ampur office and or the land-agricultural bank, the pink one that does farming loans.... they used to have information about starting dairy herds a couple of years ago, that is how-why a few family now farm the milk cows in the wifes village.

before starting out i would find the nearest milk collect point from your proposed farm site because you will be back and forth daily, if not a couple of times a day.... also try and touch base with the people who you will be buying said live stock from and or any feed mill-shops that you will be buying from. good idea if you can grow some kind of grass to off set the feed bill. their is plenty of info on this farming forum to give you food for thought.

alot of work-money is involved doing this and any live stock enterprise on a scale that can return ok profits.......