May Miss Non-B Extension Date

I think I know the answer, but is there any recourse for missing your date of extension?

I'm out of the country at the moment and have my yearly extension-based-on-marriage date coming up early next month. It's inconvenient to travel back at the moment, just wondering if this means I'll have to start the whole process over again upon return if I miss it.

My assumption is that the visa would be voided if not extended, which would mean I'd have to enter on a tourist visa, which would mean there'd be nothing I could do to 'resurrect' the original visa and have to start again from scratch.

Thanks for the quick response, Joe--always appreciated.

Ok noted. I don't think I'm old enough to apply for the non-O, but I take the point that a non-Imm visa would be superior to a visa upon arrival. Thanks again.

7 minutes ago, sfmadison2 said:

Thanks for the quick response, Joe--always appreciated.

Ok noted. I don't think I'm old enough to apply for the non-O, but I take the point that a non-Imm visa would be superior to a visa upon arrival. Thanks again.

You can apply for a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai at any age. I think you are confusing a non-o visa with a non-oa long stay visa for retirement.

You would get a 30 day visa exempt entry not a 15 day visa on arrival if you don't have a visa for entry.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

You apply for a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai at any age. I think you are confusing a non-o visa with a non-oa long stay visa for retirement.

You would get a 30 day visa exempt entry not a 15 day visa on arrival if you don't have a visa for entry.

Ah you're right, thanks again.

Though isn't visa on arrival still 30 days at the airport? If not I'm really out of the loop....

3 minutes ago, sfmadison2 said:

Though isn't visa on arrival still 30 days at the airport? If not I'm really out of the loop....

Unless you are from one of the 21 countries that qualify for a 15 day visa on arrival after applying for it and paying a 2000 baht fee for it you will get a 30 day visa exempt entry.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Unless you are from one of the 21 countries that qualify for a 15 day visa on arrival after applying for it and paying a 2000 baht fee for it you will get a 30 day visa exempt entry.

Perfect. Thanks, Joe.