Even judges in ex-PM’s case do not know final verdict

rooster59

Now that she is gone oh surprise, the verdict will be extremely lenient which will make people think she was a fool not to trust the Thai justice system, unfortunately she will get a few years detention for absconding and many will think serves you right. The Junta will bask in righteousness and she will be the cowardly villain living in luxury, a good win win for all 

5 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Now that she is gone oh surprise, the verdict will be extremely lenient which will make people think she was a fool not to trust the Thai justice system, unfortunately she will get a few years detention for absconding and many will think serves you right. The Junta will bask in righteousness and she will be the cowardly villain living in luxury, a good win win for all 

If it had anything to do with me the verdict would just have to be not guilty, I would not be able to help myself

There would have to be consequences for her doing the Thai thing, which would keep her at bay, hence job done for the government

But let me make it crystal clear, I have no interest in politics that includes my own countries, just a warped sense of humor

In a professional capacity, I was once asked to correct the English usage on a Thai PhD thesis abstract written by a judge. The thesis proposal was very good. The English was almost perfect but I picked up one or two mistakes. The thesis asked this question. To what extent, if any,  are judges in Thailand influenced in their decisions by outside parties. A very interesting question.The thesis methodology was perhaps not as good. She sent a circular questionnaire to a number of her fellow judges asking if they had been influenced in their decisions by outside parties. Lots of questions along those lines so plenty of pages could be taken up by Chi-square analysis, regression dialysis and every possible chart the Statistical Program for the Social Sciences could produce. Her fellow judges agreed that they had not been influenced at all. Thesis conclusion: Thai judges are not influenced by outside pressures. In its own way, it was beautiful. Dr Judge is the title now, I suppose.