McGregor should take lessons on how to punch

2 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

He still managed 9.5 rounds with the best pound for pound boxer of the last 20yrs !! Not too shabby but I'm sure you could have done better :shock1:

Wasn't impressed by his conditioning either....he was almost falling over from fatigue after 6 rounds....needs a fitness coach as well!  He should try skipping for a couple of hours per day.

Interesting torrzent, your two posts seem to have summed it up nicely, foreshadowed maybe by this guy's comments:

"In boxing, the effort-to-pause ratio averages 3-1, but in professional MMA that ratio is flipped to 1-4, primarily due to the impact of grappling and ground fighting."

"Of course, McGregor’s powerful left hand, regardless of glove weight, is capable of ending the fight well before conditioning becomes a factor."

(Ian McMahan, Big difference between boxing and MMA is ‘effort-to-pause ratio’, 24/8/17, www.irishtimes.com).

Well, the powerful left hand didn't materialise, and conditioning became very much a factor.

The crowd got a good show no one came out of that embarressed and I'd say the braver choice was the MMA man going into the unknown so to speak. A rematch with correct conditioning with a 6 month notice and I doubt money would take a chance against this lad again. Mcgregor I'm pretty certain would jump straight in. Money talks though so never say never when it comes to money weather. 

Edited by Rc2702

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

He still managed 9.5 rounds with the best pound for pound boxer of the last 20yrs !! Not too shabby but I'm sure you could have done better :shock1:

Except Mayweather is like 90 yrs old and well past his prime.  Note that I'm being facetious about the 90 yrs old thing, but the guy is not young anymore. 

14 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

The crowd got a good show no one came out of that embarressed and I'd say the braver choice was the MMA man going into the unknown so to speak. A rematch with correct conditioning with a 6 month notice and I doubt money would take a chance against this lad again. Mcgregor I'm pretty certain would jump straight in. Money talks though so never say never when it comes to money weather. 

Interesting...combined with Nausea's analysis.....get McG a condtioning coach.....a couple of preliminary bouts, and a proper boxing coach like Freddie Roach (which he has never used) and he might put up a better fight....however, by that time MayW could be 43 or 44 years old!

Edited by torrzent

1 hour ago, Techno Viking said:

Only because Mayweather let it go on for that long.

Spot on....first 3 rounds, May-man showcased defensive boxing (head fakes, shoulder rolls etc).  Next 3 rds, he threw a few punches and saw McG had no snap, soooooo he waded in unabated from 6 on and was actually quite merciful in not taking McG's head off!  Note, at end of fight May-man did not a have a single mark on his face!

Edited by torrzent

On 8/27/2017 at 8:06 PM, Rc2702 said:

If it were to happen I'd take that bet! Six months notice and the time he's already had would put him close to a year of training for a boxing match. That still won't be enough time for him to learn the skills necessary to beat a c level professional boxer. He needs to ride off into the sunset now that he has the big payday. The blueprint is out there now. MMA fighters with good boxing skills will have him for dinner and a top professional boxer would seriously hurt him. Paulie will win on points.