Pizza

altman

Actually, I like both Mi Casa and the House on some level - I like the atmosphere and some of the food in both places - but I feel that the food should be better and more consistant in both places for the prices that they are charging.

I realize that a restaurant in the West serving the same kind of food would be quite expensive, but my experience is that in such places, almost anything that you order will be delicious. In Mi Casa and the House, every time that you go there the food is a crap shoot. Some things are great, but many are mediocre at best and if you are going to combine uncommon ingriedients, you should be sure that they work together.

That is why I prefer restaurants in Chiang Mai that don't try to get too fancy, that make more common foods that actually taste good, rather that experimenting with dishes that often fail and then charging the customer like it was an amazing masterpiece. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It also matters how often you eat out in Chiang Mai. There are plenty of options, and I suspect that you'd have to eat out 14 times every week for a year or two before you had been to many places thrice. Burgers, for example, just don't merit an endless search for the perfect one. I'm plebian, and ventured to McDonald's at Carrefour yesterday. Double cheeseburger, no onions. Not as good as the double cheesburger last week at Burger King, but on a par with what McDonald's has served me since 1960. I haven't gotten a bad burger yet at any of the Mike's places, or been disappointed at Miguel's, either. You gourmands and gourmets can try 14 places per week. Enjoy.

I got completely spoiled living in San Francisco for so long where there are tons of restauraunts of almost every type and the rents are so high that even mediocre ones just can't survive. A restaurant there has to be very good just to stay in business and excellent to thrive.

The food in San Francisco is about the only thing that I miss about living at home! :o

• 3 months later...

We had dinner at the Duke's last night and David told us the he had just eaten the best pizza that he had ever had in Thailand. We all changed our order from something else and ordered pizza. It was FANTASTIC, and we all agreed that it was our best ever in Thailand. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

We had dinner at the Duke's last night and David told us the he had just eaten the best pizza that he had ever had in Thailand. We all changed our order from something else and ordered pizza. It was FANTASTIC, and we all agreed that it was our best ever in Thailand. :D

David who? David Beckham? David Letterman? David Hasselhoff? David Bowie?

:o

We had dinner at the Duke's last night and David told us the he had just eaten the best pizza that he had ever had in Thailand. We all changed our order from something else and ordered pizza. It was FANTASTIC, and we all agreed that it was our best ever in Thailand. :D

David who? David Beckham? David Letterman? David Hasselhoff? David Bowie?

:o

Sorry, David DUKE! :D

I've eaten at Mi Casa only once and the whole group that I went with was disappointed, however, I've heard enough good things about it that - eventually - I will go back and try ordering differently.

Garlic prawns from tapas menu follwed by Lamb shank highly recommended...........back to pizzas

Consider giving "The Naples Pizzeria" a try.

Wood-fired oven, thin crust, & mostly no more than 3-4 flavours in combination, if that is how you like it.

They also deliver, without needing 20 minutes explanation of where you live, nor 18 phone callls as they circle closer and closer to your hungry home.

Any other recommedations for places who will deliver efficiently ?

THE DUKES, BEST PIZZA IN CHIANG MAI if not all of Thailand.. And before you react, i grew up with Italians in Melbourne who make the best pizzas.. I have also lived in Bangkok for 3 years. Nothing even comes close for sheer size and quality..
Buonissimo's meets the stated criteria.
Not sure that authentic Italian is usually quite as cheesy as you're looking for, but give Naples Pizzeria a try.

Rough directions to Naples. Buonissimo and Giorgio's please.