10 Year Non O-X Visa Requirements (Jakarta)

For Jakarta, but it gives one a general idea about the requirements. 

Non-Immigrant Visa Type “O-X” (Long Stay) may be granted to applicants aged 50 and above who wish to stay in Thailand up to 10 years after their retirement. Applicants for this type of visa must be nationals of the following countries: Japan, Australia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States of America.

The applicants who wish to apply for the visa at the Royal Thai Embassy in Jakarta must have permanent residence in Indonesia with the valid Temporary Resident Permit (KITAS) or Permanent Resident Permit (KITAP).

The visa is valid for 5 years from the date of issue (extendable for another 5 years at the Immigration Bureau).

Qualifications of the Applicants

1.  50 years of age and above (on the date of submitting the application)

2.  Nationals of the following countries; Japan, Australia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States of America. (The passport must be issued by the respective Government)

3.  Having permanent residence in Indonesia (with valid KITAS or KITAP)

4. Having a bank account in Thailand with the minimum balance of 3,000,000 Thai Baht or 1,800,000 Thai Baht with the annual income of at least 1,200,000 Thai Baht. *** The money must remain in the account for at least 1 year after entering Thailand. After the period of 1 year, the minimum of 1,500,000 Thai Baht is required to remain in the account.

5.  Having the Thai health insurance (available for online purchase at http://longstay.tgia.org)

Required documents:

1. Three sets of completed and signed visa application forms and photographs

2. Passport with the remaining validity of at least 6 months 

3. Curriculum Vitae (3 copies)     

4. Certificate of Deposit issued by a bank in Thailand (1 original and 2 copies)

5. Bank Statement letter issued by a bank in Thailand showing no less than THB 3,000,000 Thai Baht or1,800,000 Thai Baht with the proof of annual income of at least 1,200,000 Thai Baht. or equivalent in US Dollars (1 original and 2 copies)

6. Bankbook (3 copies)

7. Police Record issued by the Police in the country of origin (One original and two copies)

8. Police Record issued by the Indonesian National Police (One original and two copies)

9. Medical Certificate (One original and two copies) issued by local competent authority certifying that the applicant has no prohibited diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535) (the certificate must be issued no more than 3 months before the visa application)

10. Three Copies of Temporary Resident Permit (KITAS) or Permanent Resident Permit (KITAP)

11. Copy of Thai Health Insurance (available for online purchase at http://longstay.tgia.org)

12. Application fee (Cash only in Indonesian Rupiah - Non-refundable): IDR 5,000,000

Dependents of Non-Immigrant Visa Type “O-X” Applicant

Dependents of the applicants are entitled to apply for the same type of visa as long as they meet the following requirements;

For spouse:

1. Valid Marriage Certificate in English which must be legalized by relevant authorities

2. Required documents as listed above

For child:

1. Valid Birth Certificate in English which must be legalized by relevant authorities

2. Must be under 20 years old

3. Required documents as listed above (No.1-3 and 11-12 only)

Note: Successful applicants and dependents are not allowed to work in Thailand.

Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents, or an interview with the applicant, as deemed necessary, without prior notice.

The Royal Thai Embassy reserves the right to refuse visa to applicant with insufficient documents or if the reasons given are not fully supported. The visa fee is non-refundable.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/jakarta/en/services/80434-Non-immigrant-visa-O-X-(Long-stay).html

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, lkv said:

4. Having a bank account in Thailand with the minimum balance of 3,000,000 Thai Baht or 1,800,000 Thai Baht with the annual income of at least 1,200,000 Thai Baht. *** The money must remain in the account for at least 1 year after entering Thailand. After the period of 1 year, the minimum of 1,500,000 Thai Baht is required to remain in the account.

That's annoying. If I remember correctly the proposal was for 3M in the bank or 100K pm income. 

16 hours ago, lkv said:

5.  Having the Thai health insurance (available for online purchase at http://longstay.tgia.org)

It would be interesting to know if existing Thai Insurance policies will be accepted.

13 minutes ago, elviajero said:

It would be interesting to know if existing Thai Insurance policies will be accepted.

What is interesting is if the premiums against the level of healthcare offered are yearly or for the duration, if they are yearly, then they are extremely overpriced.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thaitero said:

So first 5 year visasticker from homeland and second from immigration?

Cannot apply direct from immigration?

Yes.

No you can't. It's the same as the existing/other Long Stay (O-A) visa and can only be applied for in your country of residence outside of Thailand.

59 minutes ago, thaitero said:

So first 5 year visasticker from homeland and second from immigration?

Cannot apply direct from immigration?

5 year extension from Immigration likely with evidence that you have mantained the 1.5 million in the bank for the last 5 years, and that you're still insured. I think a loophole would be getting the insurance only for year 1 and year 6, I believe it's requested for a year.

Even so, as others have said, the premiums are a ripoff vs what is covered.

Without being negative, I tend to believe other health policies will not be accepted, the "approved" ones ensure that mechanisms are in place for various individuals in power to get a cut. Similar to every other Thai designed scheme, whether it be rice or anything else.

Edited by lkv

When I add up all that I would end up spending, including the price of their silly insurance for this new visa, it actually makes the Thai Elite Visa look attractive.

Just the price of the insurance alone for this new 10 year visa would cost me well over 600K baht over the ten year duration.

I can buy a 20 year Thai Elite Visa for 1 million baht.

And the Thai Elite Visa includes 90 day report service.

22 minutes ago, Issanman said:

When I add up all that I would end up spending, including the price of their silly insurance for this new visa, it actually makes the Thai Elite Visa look attractive.

Just the price of the insurance alone for this new 10 year visa would cost me well over 600K baht over the ten year duration.

I can buy a 20 year Thai Elite Visa for 1 million baht.

And the Thai Elite Visa includes 90 day report service.

This was designed to benefit pensioneers in a similar way with METV being introduced to promote tourism. ?

Can't wait for details in January  on the 4 year smart visa (for "digital nomads"), and then it's all good everybody is covered.

But yes, you are right, uninsured with Thai Elite is cheaper than insured on this, calculated over 20 years. Insurance cost alone exceeds 1 million.

Also to be noted that insurance is limited at 400K Baht IPD and 40K Baht OPD (OPD useless imo but required nevertheless - OPD generally increases the premium a lot).

You happen to get in Bumrungrad with something more serious, you will be paying out of pocket. And being aware you are insured, they will inflate prices, which means they are ripping you off also, once you go over the 400K threshold. I.e. had they not inflated the price, you'd be paying less out of pocket and not more.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

So i should put 3 mil to my thaiaccount, get ripoff insurance, have upto date paperwork from these two.
Next step is to rush my homeland, go to doctor and ask i am not elephant-paper, go to police and ask i am not criminal paper.

With all these papers i go to thaiembassy, apply this "wondervisa" and fly back to Thailand.

I really have no words, even if could use my native language..:shock1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, lkv said:

Can't wait for details in January  on the 4 year smart visa (for "digital nomads"), and then it's all good everybody is covered.

From what I have read that visa is only for investors and certain employees of selected companies. I think somebody dreamed up the idea it was for digital nomads.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

From what I have read that visa is only for investors and certain employees of selected companies. I think somebody dreamed up the idea it was for digital nomads.

I was being sarcastic, I've just commented on the other thread I am expecting the investment threshold to be 30 million baht. That's why i said "digital nomads" ?

Edited by lkv

40 minutes ago, thaitero said:

So i should put 3 mil to my thai account, get ripoff insurance, have up to date paperwork from these two.
Next step is to rush my homeland, go to doctor and ask i am not elephant-paper, go to police and ask i am not criminal paper.

With all these papers i go to thai embassy, apply this "wondervisa" and fly back to Thailand.

But you forgot the CV/Resume - 3 copies. And after you deposit the money into the Bank, you must get a 'Certificate' (1000 baht?). And you must buy the medical insurance in advance (50,000 baht upwards) and provide a certificate (1000 baht). And you must pay a non-refundable fee of about 12,000 baht.  I agree - words fail me too.

Malaysia (since 2002) offers 10 year Visas with multiple exit/leaves (unlimited). There is no 90 day reporting, and renewal is easy (according to Expats I have contacted). You can import your own car, or buy a new one, and you pay no taxes or duties on it (only one).  You can work up to 20 hours a week, and you are able to own/run business - with far less 'problems' than in Thailand. You can buy and own land. And you can easily add other family members to the Visa. No mandated rip-off medical insurance. You must deposit the equivalent of 800K Baht in a Malaysian bank (you get 2% interest and pay no tax), and you must have access to the equivalent of about 80K Baht a month (960K Baht a year).

So what did Thailand do?  5 years Visa (unlimited leave/entry?), with the same 90 days reporting, no tax relief, no business allowed, no working, and still cannot buy land/house. 3 Million Baht deposited in a Thai bank (before you apply) and you get 0.5% and you have to pay tax on that interest.  Or 1.5 Million Baht in Bank, and an annual income of at least 1.2 Million Baht.  And you must buy medical insurance at massively inflated costs (before you apply). 

The Malaysian '10 year retirement' Visa has been a huge success, and they keep improving it.  

My bet is that the Thai '5 year retirement' Visa, will be a dud. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thaitero said:

So i should put 3 mil to my thaiaccount, get ripoff insurance, have upto date paperwork from these two.

With all these papers i go to thaiembassy, apply this "wondervisa" and fly back to Thailand.

Oh - I forgot to mention that it will take a while to get the medical certificate (blood test, scans, etc) and they will cost a bit too - and the police certificate takes a few weeks too. And by that time those medical insurance and bank certificates you brought with you will probably be out of date. This thing has more holes than a large block of Swiss cheese. I will stick to the standard retirement Visa and get annual extensions thanks. :wink: 

3 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

What an utter nonsense: to apply you have to be a permanent resident in Indonesia. Mind you, Indonesians cannot apply for this visa. Now, why would someone, who has (permanently) settled down as a westerner/Japanese in Indonesia apply for a 10-year Thailand visa?

Agreed - can't see long lines of applicants beating down the Embassy's door, somehow!

• Like 2

It may be so that you get always 5-year stamp when crossing the border and to have "extra 5 years" you can make borderhop just before expirydate and apply re-entrypermit if needed outside trips for the last 5 years. Is this correct?

Edited by thaitero

25 minutes ago, thaitero said:

It may be so that you get always 5-year stamp when crossing the border and to have "extra 5 years" you can make borderhop just before expirydate and apply re-entrypermit if needed outside trips for the last 5 years. Is this correct?

It is a multiple entry visa valid for 5 years that allows unlimited one year entries until it expires.

48 minutes ago, thaitero said:

There is nothing written anywhere yet, that I can see, that says how long each permit to stay will be for. But the scenario you describe is not going to happen.

Edited by elviajero

There is an lack of depth in the thinking that led to this product. One reason I came to this conclusion is that most people who can afford this visa would already have some proper health coverage, this is my case. So my only choice would be to pay THB 60k to 70k a year on top of my existing coverage, for no extra cover, as couldn't take the risk of leaving my health plan and be unable to return when things go wrong.

One could then think  that to THB 1 M "Elite" option is preferable, but here I get the weird feeling that both offers are "get rich quick" schemes, for distinct groups within the administration. For me this is the only way to understand the obvious redundancy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1