ED visa run to Phnom Penh

Hi guys,

I have signed up for a Thai language course with ED visa. I have two questions:

The school says Laos is where most students go to get their ED visa processed, but I want to go to Phnom Penh as I lived there before and know the place. Anyone heard anything about getting the ED visa processed in Phnom Penh?

The paperwork from the Education Ministry will not be finished before my 30 day Visa Exemption (the one you get on demand at the airport) expires. I know I can get another 30 day extension at immigration for 2000 baht, but are there shorter-term options available?

Cheers. 

Not sure about getting a non-ed visa in Phnom Penh. There have been reports in the past about them giving people the runaround to get one.

The fee for the 30 day extension is 1900 baht. All extensions have the same 1900 baht fee.

Hi guys,
I have signed up for a Thai language course with ED visa. I have two questions:
The school says Laos is where most students go to get their ED visa processed, but I want to go to Phnom Penh as I lived there before and know the place. Anyone heard anything about getting the ED visa processed in Phnom Penh?
The paperwork from the Education Ministry will not be finished before my 30 day Visa Exemption (the one you get on demand at the airport) expires. I know I can get another 30 day extension at immigration for 2000 baht, but are there shorter-term options available?
Cheers. 
I suggest you read other posts on PP & visas, there seems to be a unspoken rule that Khmer help other Khmer especially if it means earning $$ from a foriegner. (Considering the recent history I'm not blaming them)

Basically if you don't use a local agent to obtain your visa you'll be given the shitty end of every stick.

If your happy to use a agent all power to you. In my experience they're reasonable value.

Please post a report on your experience.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk