Unlocking A Mobile

kayo

Again, on behalf of my dearly beloved brother:

Any Suggestions very very welcome.

I do after all, I owe my brother favour's til kingdom come (having missed his wedding last year!)

How do I unlock/unblock a T Mobile Blackberry Pearl handset (IMEI number 352****1******6)

I am on a UK T mobile contract but am now in India for a while and want to use it with a local (Airtel) SIM card

Thanks

E

Thanks,

Kayo! :o

Take it to a mobile phone shop and pray they've seen the phone before and have the unlocked firmware for it!

Not sure there's blackberry's around in India so no guarantee's.

There's blackberry's in Thailand now, but not sure they have the pearl model...

Unfortunately there'sno way to do it yourself I'm afraid...

Cheers

Take it to a mobile phone shop and pray they've seen the phone before and have the unlocked firmware for it!

Not sure there's blackberry's around in India so no guarantee's.

There's blackberry's in Thailand now, but not sure they have the pearl model...

Unfortunately there'sno way to do it yourself I'm afraid...

Cheers

Will he breach his UK contract by unlocking?

1. Is there really no way he (or the tech guy at his office) can do it? He is in New Delhi, where there are a lot of hi-tech companies and ex-pats. It's a world city, so I'm guessing they are up to date on technology. However, you may well be right in the sense that finding your friendly little back alley shop guy to perform this action might be more difficult.

2. I've just popped off an email to him asking about his UK contract. I suspect he is not bothered though. I think he got the Berry cheap through the contract, when he was visiting the UK last month. He lives in India full time though, so I think he needs it more there than in the UK.

Thanks tv computer people! From my Bro,

"Thanks and thanks to your forum guys as well – I have found someone to do it here (a little market mobile phone shop) and as far as I can tell it's no problem on my UK contract, but I don't really mind either way"

He adds (with a hint of a grin and a glint in his eye)

"Just so your forum members know – there are probably more blackberries (and latest model blackberries) in india than there are in the UK and US combined! See you next week!!"

I edited the IMEI number from the Post Kayo.

Please be warned, the correct way to change the carrier on a phone is to download the memory of the phone, edit the value set for the carrier (the field location is different for nearly every different model series) and re-load the memory.

If the memory is not re-loaded correctly then the phone can then become useless. Same applies if the wrong memory map is applied to the fields being updated.

Funny thing is most people can do this themselves by downloading or buying the Service CD for that phone and a Data Cable :o

• 3 weeks later...

well... we left it there last time.

My brothers just told me he tried through online companies.

Now, all of them said they couldn't yet unlock the latest blackberry but please check back later with us.

Except one.

(stinks of scam, right?)

So with gsmlocker.com he went, and paid forty dollars...

Now upon bitching at them for some results, he's getting (presumably automated) responses saying they are "working" on the problem, and will post the answer "on the site"

Meadish, you posted elsewhere that the site screams "scam", about a year ago.

I just looked at it myself, and the bastards look good, but yeah, the detail is missing everywhere (and the contact names come out of a russian pulp fiction novel)

Opinions?

Who can do noki N80? :D

It is impossible to unlock a Nokia N70 without changing a chip in the phone that in Thailand costs in the region of 5,500thb. I would imagine this applies to any N series phone. :o

well... we left it there last time.

My brothers just told me he tried through online companies.

Now, all of them said they couldn't yet unlock the latest blackberry but please check back later with us.

Except one.

(stinks of scam, right?)

So with gsmlocker.com he went, and paid forty dollars...

Now upon bitching at them for some results, he's getting (presumably automated) responses saying they are "working" on the problem, and will post the answer "on the site"

Meadish, you posted elsewhere that the site screams "scam", about a year ago.

I just looked at it myself, and the bastards look good, but yeah, the detail is missing everywhere (and the contact names come out of a russian pulp fiction novel)

Opinions?

LATEST GOOD NEWS DEVELOPMENT (meadish, it seems they are alright after all)

Final results on unlocking the latest blackberry pearl edition phone thingie...

Okay, it's done.

Orange (UK) (to which he was "locked" said they didn-t have a clue. Dealers all around local markets here said they didn-t know .. yet....

Most websites said they didn-t know yet!

The above site, about which I was screaming "scam!" has come through after all.

After several bitchy emails to them, stating how we were going to go all over the web and tell the world what a bunch of scam artists they are, their Senior manager for operations has sent a personal email to my brother with the final results. He added a personal note stating that he was sorry it took so long, but they were "frantically" trying to find the solutions and it-s still a relatively new machine so they had to test some ideas first.

Anyhow he got it now, it-s unlocked, working fine on his Indian network, and what do you know, the operations guy from that site is based here in India!!

\

So all's well that ends well, and for forty dollars and a few days patience, he got his blackberry working here.

Hello E***,

Gsmlocker Tracking #: gsm 227xx

Pin #: 205xxxxx

IMEI #: 3521******xxxxx

The unlock code for your blackberry phone is: *******

Before you start make sure you have a NON-Original Operator SIM in the phone and make sure the phone is not displaying the low battery warning!

INSTRUCTIONS TO FOLLOW:

1. Go to settings

2 Go to options

3. Go to advanced options

4. Go to SIM card

5. Type MEPD (not case sensitive)

6. Does it say Network active? If so your phone is locked

7. Hold the ALT Key while typing in MEP2 (not case sensitive)

8. It will say "Enter Network MEP Code, then you type in unlock code, press in the jog dial to confirm

9. Your phone is now unlocked.

If for some reason it rejects your unlock code and uses up one try, please contact us.

We had some problems as this is still new hardware we were not sure about the necessary methods involved. My apologies for the delay and I hope that you have now been attended to your satisfaction.

For future queries, you can call me at my direct line (at the time mentioned below or leave the message on my voice mail, I will get back ASAP) or you can always email me.

Kind Regards,

K****** B********

Senior Manager - Operations

k******.b********@moftware.com

Toll Free Direct Line: *********** Ext 709 (1100 EST to 1900 EST)

Toll Free Custo Service: **********

Toll Free Fax: *********