Importing Machinery from Japan or China

MarcIssan

Agri machinery from Japan, no. Vehicle from UK yes.

Don't quote me but I'd imagine you need the following:

Seller Japan

Export agent Japan

Shipper

Import agent Thailand

Import permit commerce dept Thailand

Customs clearance

Tax on agri equipment is CIF + 5%

I've imported John Deere Combines from the US but never a whole assembly  from either Japan or China.  I was about to purchase 10 used Kubota tractors from Japan but decided not to before the purchase was complete.

I have imported repair parts for the combines from both Japan and China with absolutely no problems.  Like the equipment that I had shipped from the US I had it consigned to my broker in Bangkok and he handled all the necessary clearance documentation and customs and delivered it to my home in Nakhon Sawan Province.  My broker is an international company with offices worldwide.  If you are interested , PM me and I will send you their contact information in Bangkok and you can ask them exactly what is required including the % duty that you will have to pay.

The picture is us unloading a disassembled JD combine from a 40' container the Thai way on a mound of dirt.  We dug holes to put on the final drive assemblies and wheels!

DSC00886.JPG

Thanks all.  I am looking into importing a mini or midi excavator of some sort.  But I have no experience with this stuff and know some but not all the things to look for.  I know everything that breaks on an excavator is expensive and you can easily exceed to the cost of a decent digger in repairs and parts by buying someone else's junk.  However I just want to explore my options and if a decent digger comes up in Japan for example I want to be able to figure the cost to get it here in Udon.

Thanks again.

brother in law (europe) has a company that works the larger diggers, he buys new and also imports second hand stuff (europe). from what he told me he only buys second hand diggers from countries that have lighter soil types and have full service history.  he says some countries he will not buy from because the ware on the machine can be very high even if low hours.

around the ring road in udon thani they have many new machines for sale, a little over 2m baht will get you a new 20 ish ton brand name digger........ or the kubuto shop will have the smaller models, new and second hand.....

Archived