Documents currently needed in Jomtien for 1 year extension of stay based on Retirement?

I need to apply for my first extension of stay (Retirement) on my Non-Immigrant Type O visa.  What are the documents that the Jomtien Immigration office are currently requiring?

I know I need the following:

TM-7 (2 copies?)

TM-8 (2 copies?) for re-entry permit

4 passport photos

Notarized statement from the US Embassy about my income (1 original and how many copies?)

2 copies of my passport facepage

2 copies of each page of my passport with thai visas or entry/exit stamps

2 copies of my departure card

1900 THB for TM-7, and 3800 THB for multiple entry re-entry

Am I missing anything?

Only one TM7 and TM8 form is needed with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached to them.

Only one set of copies is needed.

Only the original of your income affidavit is needed.

For the re-entry permit application you will only need a copy of your visa, entry stamp, your new extension stamp and departure card.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

For the re-entry permit application you will only need a copy of your visa, entry stamp, your new extension stamp and departure card.

Thanks Ubonjoe! 

On the left of the Immigration building there is a Visa service that will fill out all the paperwork, photocopies and take photographs for a small fee of 200 baht. Just turn up with your passport, departure card and Embassy letter. They do the rest.  

Oh, and a copy of your lease/address paperwork.

Edited by blankagain
to add
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, blankagain said:

On the left of the Immigration building there is a Visa service that will fill out all the paperwork, photocopies and take photographs for a small fee of 200 baht. Just turn up with your passport, departure card and Embassy letter. They do the rest.  

Oh, and a copy of your lease/address paperwork.

Theres a few of them there....anyone you would recommend?

7 minutes ago, keithcresswell said:

Even though they shouldn't need to see your bank book I have been asked a couple of times over the years for it. So I always take it with me now just in case.

Why would they ask to see your bank book if you are using the income method?  Seems like a waste to go to the bank and have the book updated just in case they ask for it.

When using the income letter method Immigration have been known to request proof that money is coming into Thailand to support yourself... a bank statement showing a history of international wire transfers in would be useful to have in that situation... :coffee1:

Edited by sfokevin
  • Like 1

If you want the right information go to the Pattaya City Expats Club web site and click on the VISA and Immigration link.  This information is carefully vetted and kept up to date.

Pattaya City Expats Club Web Site

Of course there is no guarantee that the Immigration officer you are dealing with won't invent a new requirement just because he doesn't like the color of your shirt, your haircut, or because they had an argument with their spouse before leaving for work.

Edited by HarrySeaman
  • Like 1

ALSO

Be smart, go to immigration 20 to 30 days BEFORE your permission to stay expires - gives you time to solve any problem!  You do NOT loose any extension time.

I personally go 30 days before expire date. I also carry ALL immigration paperwork I have and lease copy - lease copy even for 90 day report - 5 days early and it IS calendar days for 90 day report

Edited by edwardflory
spelling

I use a  shop on Beach Road Jomtien and Soi 6.  Two baht per copy of xeroxed copies if it hasn't gone up since last January. I forget the cost of the photos, surely isn't outrageous compared to other places perhaps it was 150 baht for four pictures.

If I forget a copy of something or there is another required copy I use the shop in front room of immigration or the shop right outside.

On 9/2/2017 at 3:03 AM, ubonjoe said:

Thanks for clarifying what the guy need, can't imagine where he got the information as to having so many copies of everything especially the 4 pictures>

Note.. what I do is photo copy every page on my passport then remove the items you indicate and keep the rest handy and ready.  There have been times I have provided  all the above mentioned items the clerk now wants another items when he points I look at the number of page indicated and pull out from the stack instead of rushing out of the building to xerox.

As soon as I leave, I make note of the pages they accepted and prepare for the following year.

Edited by thailand49

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

Thanks for clarifying what the guy need, can't imagine where he got the information as to having so many copies of everything //

I said many documents x2 because he asks for an Extension *and* for a Reentry Permit

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

Note.. what I do is photo copy every page on my passport //

A huge waste of ink and paper for nothing... IMHO

They just want see

• your details page
  • your last entry stamp
  • your last extension stamp (if any)
  • your initial visa (or its transfer if new passport)

4 hours ago, Pinot said:

You might also have a photo of you standing in front of your building with the address numbers showing.  

Never heard of that for a Retirement Extension at Jomtien ??

Edited by Pattaya46
  • Like 1

I just did it last week......... Simple.............

If you like my experience just call me <removed> or PM.............

You have a good list of requirements, dependent upon your US embassy letter of income, I had $5800 per month and forgot to go to Kasikorn for Bankbook Balance letter, and no Problem..........

In my view if you do do qualify for extension....... Most important..... Take Money..... first step TM7 1800 baht......... Second step-0---- Re-entry TM8----- (multiple in my case) 3,800 baht......... Money and photo most important........... I was unsure and sloppy with filling in forms (my first renewal also) and no problem...... Just money and photos (i needed 2 ---- one for TM7 and one for TM8) But go with too much better than not enough........... Shop on the left just outside front door on left side recommended for copies and help..... 

Proof of where you stay is important also (in your 'copies')............

Very simple, the girls at the front desk will check you in and look at your papers, anything missing they will tell you and you go outside to the shop to the left and they will help you to fulfill your requirements......

Good luck................ Mine so easy..............

Edited by ubonjoe
removed phone number (not allowed see the forum rules)
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, sawadeeken said:
I just did it last week......... Simple.............
If you like my experience just call me <removed> or PM.............
You have a good list of requirements, dependent upon your US embassy letter of income, I had $5800 per month and forgot to go to Kasikorn for Bankbook Balance letter, and no Problem..........
In my view if you do do qualify for extension....... Most important..... Take Money..... first step TM7 1800 baht......... Second step-0---- Re-entry TM8----- (multiple in my case) 3,800 baht......... Money and photo most important........... I was unsure and sloppy with filling in forms (my first renewal also) and no problem...... Just money and photos (i needed 2 ---- one for TM7 and one for TM8) But go with too much better than not enough........... Shop on the left just outside front door on left side recommended for copies and help..... 
Proof of where you stay is important also (in your 'copies')............
Very simple, the girls at the front desk will check you in and look at your papers, anything missing they will tell you and you go outside to the shop to the left and they will help you to fulfill your requirements......
Good luck................ Mine so easy..............

As a mater of interest what do you do if you stay somewhere not owned by yourself. For example your partners parents home or maybe hotels?
What proof would you require then of where you stay ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just now, Kadilo said:

As a mater of interest what do you do if you stay somewhere not owned by yourself. For example your partners parents home or maybe hotels?
What proof would you require then of where you stay ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

In my case I bought the home years ago for the Mia-Noi and I took copies of the housebook registration and she went with me just in case........ Copies same as my original app last year and they didn't require her to do anything.....................

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

I said many documents x2 because he asks for an Extension *and* for a Reentry Permit

A huge waste of ink and paper for nothing... IMHO

They just want see

• your details page
  • your last entry stamp
  • your last extension stamp (if any)
  • your initial visa (or its transfer if new passport)

Never heard of that for a Retirement Extension, at Jomtien ??

What is a waste is the poster saying he needs two TM 7-8,  4 color photos, I'm not alone, after 15 years of extension I don't know how many times I have gone into Jomtien and had a different clerk ask me for items never ask before.

Just like you I know exactly what is needed and provide it to them. Just this last time for a re-enty the lady started to run through my passport and xeroxing pages off it.  Lucky she did it for me but I never had that done?

My response was to the original poster not you.

I went yesterday, and this is what was required:

TM-7

Photo

Copies of Passport face page, Visa page and entrance stamp.

Income affidavit from the US Embassy

Copy of departure card

Officer then asked for a copy of my rental contract

TM-8

Photo

Copies of passport face page, visa page, entrance stamp, new extension stamp.

Copy of departure card

3800 baht

No bank books were asked for.

I use the "money in the bank" option for my retirement one year extension of stay (as I have for the past several years).

Basically, I've left somewhat more than the required amount in a passbook account, only adding or removing small amounts during that time. [Since my pension income is sufficient, I keep this bank account as a cushion in case of emergency.]

This Tuesday, I got my letter from Kasikorn Bank (fee had always been ฿100, this time it was ฿200). They updated my passbook--my last transaction was ฿250 ATM card fee dated 5 August.

On Wednesday I went Jomtien Immigration for my one year extension. The reviewing "officer" told me I needed a more recent transaction in the passbook. As instructed, I went to Kasikorn Bank on Soi 2, deposited ฿100 & got my passbook updated {the teller was kind enough to give me a photocopy of the new last page). I was concerned that my new final balance did not match the bank letter. I went back to the same officer a few minutes later. He accepted my paperwork and today I picked up my passport with the extension.