Tuk Tuk

SBACM

A friend in Chiang Rai is giving me his Tuk Tuk I am well aware Foreigners canot use for profit

but anyone know if anyone has one for personal use and what kind of Liscence needed?

What are they worth? it is in excellent condition as far as Tuk Tuk's go

:o

You can register it as a vehicle for personal use. They're a separate category, separate from cars and motorbikes. You will get a cool white licenseplate with red lettering. (As opposed to tuk-tuk-taxis which, like all public transport, get yellow plates).

Not sure what they're worth.. Hear something like 150 K baht new. It also seems to depend as even tuk tuks come in various build qualities and parts used... :o When comparing prices, be careful not to compare with tuk tuks licensed as taxi, as here the price would include the taxi license (I think.)

To register, presumbably the process is the same as for a car or motorbike.

BTW, they drive like cr@p warmed up. :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

A Dutch friend of mine bought a new tuk-tuk in Bangkok last year. However, the local authorities up here (Surin) will not let him register it.

If my memory serves me correctly I believe he paid around Bht 130,000 and it's 500 cc.

there is a white one owned by a farang running around chiang mai, its the model built in Udon Thani called a Moon Buggy ,it has extra row of seats across , can be bought with 800cc motor and disc brakes on front, according to him, no probs with rego...