No Water Shortages In Eastern Seaboard

george

DPM confirms no water shortages in Eastern Seaboard

BANGKOK: -- Deputy Prime Minister Pinij Jarusombat yesterday dismissed media reports on severe water shortages in Thailand's Eastern Seaboard Industrial Estate, pledging his ministerial position as a guarantee that industries in the area would not have to reduce production.

Mr. Pinij, who is responsible for the government's water management programmes, told reporters that he had received confirmation from the head of the Royal Irrigation Department that there would be sufficient water for industrial and household use in the eastern region of the country.

"I can confirm that industries will not have to reduce production, and that they can carry on producing as normal", he said.

"We are taking responsibility for this", he added.

If the situation reached genuinely critical levels, he said, the government would ensure that water was pumped to the region from the Bang Pakong and Prasae rivers.

"The government will ensure sufficient water for the industrial sector and for consumption", he stressed.

Government statistics suggest that the eastern provinces of Chonburi and Rayong use 750,000-800,000 cubic metres of water each day.

Tha Phra Reservoir currently contains 22 million cubic metres, while Nong Pla Lai Reservoir and Dok Krai Reservoir contain 34-35 million cubic metres.

The rumours of water shortages have come from the industrial sector itself, but the manager of East Water has apparently confirmed that the reports are inaccurate.

"But if our guarantee of sufficient water proves wrong, someone will have to take responsibility", Mr. Pinij noted.

"The director-general of the Royal Irrigation Department will have to take responsibility. But if there has been a failure in management, I will consider my own position too", he said.

The deputy prime minister himself visited the region yesterday afternoon.

--TNA 2005-06-24

DPM confirms no water shortages in Eastern Seaboard   Government statistics suggest that the eastern provinces of Chonburi and Rayong use 750,000-800,000 cubic metres of water each day.

Tha Phra Reservoir currently contains 22 million cubic metres, while Nong Pla Lai Reservoir and Dok Krai Reservoir contain 34-35 million cubic metres.

--TNA 2005-06-24

Am right in saying these numbers must be wrong? :o

750 billion cubic meters a day?

Enough water for factories in the east

BANGKOK: -- Thailand's Minister for Natural Resources and Environment has promised the factories in the country’s eastern coastal provinces will have sufficient water so that they do not have to reduce production.

Earlier, the Eastern Water company, which supplies the plants in the eastern industrial estate, said the factories in the area had to reduce their water use by 40% from 27 June, because of a critical shortage.

This forced the factories in the area, which account for half of Thailand’s industrial output, to slash production.

“The Minister has pledged to secure 500,000 cubic metres of water a day to meet the needs of the factories in Chonburi and Rayong provinces so they can operate normally. So there is no need to scale down production,” the Director of the Mabtapud Industrial Estate, Teerawat Rungruangsri, told journalists on Thursday.

Meanwhile, Prasert Boonsampan, the President of PTT, Thailand’s petroleum giant, largest oil industry concern, told TNA that PTT had no plans to reduce production as the company had sufficient water for both its immediate and longer-term needs.

Still, PTT is doing its best to economise on its use of water, he said.

--TNA 2005-06-24

“The Minister has pledged to secure 500,000 cubic metres of water a day to meet the needs of the factories in Chonburi and Rayong provinces so they can operate normally. So there is no need to scale down production,” the Director of the Mabtapud Industrial Estate, Teerawat Rungruangsri, told journalists on Thursday.

<deleted> the factories... what about the public? :o

<deleted> the factories... what about the public? :o

Agreed.

What a ******* idiotic thing to say. :D

The fire brigade started supplying villages with water over 3 months ago, The local reservoir in Pattaya is at 12%.

Time for the powers that be to pull their heads out of the sand and do something about it.

<deleted> the factories... what about the public? :D

The public votes only once every four years, while the factories... :o

Time for the powers that be to pull their heads out of the sand and do something about it.

The Deputy Prime Ministers vision of the future:

newass1.jpg

The public votes only once every four years, while the factories...

Yeah yeah... I know... money talks. :D

But let's not forget the little people... some of the public actually work in those factories. :o

Some areas of Pattaya have not had running town water for nearly 2 months now.

:D

We are near Amata Nakorn In Chonburi. We get water 3 days a week only. Doesn't bother us really,for now anyway, since we have an underground tank that fills back up when the water flows again. I asked the old lady at a local shop if she had water, "No water for 4 months", same for my friends shop next door. He fills a glass of dirty water in one hour in the morning and then that's it...

In a further display of idiocy, last night I drove down Pattaya Klang with the missus to do some shopping after work... the sky was threatening and the winds were getting up and it was going to rain very soon. The missus pointed out that all the water sprinklers were on in the garden beds at the corner of Sukhumvit and Klang... this is the day after a heavy rain the night before with further rain imminent.

They can provide water to industrial giant and keep the flower beds green but turn it off for the public. :o

Actually she has a theory... she reckons the water authority is only selling water to the water truck companies... money changes hands and... well... you know the rest... corruption again? :D

That's her theory anyway.

Actually she has a theory... she reckons the water authority is only selling water to the water truck companies... money changes hands and... well... you know the rest... corruption again?  :D

That's her theory anyway.

And just to confirm the theory... here's a couple of pics of it actually happening... taken about lunchtime yesterday. :D

IMGP1375-1.jpg

IMGP1377-1.jpg

And in this thread I've posted some pics of Lake Mabrachan.

No water shortages?

Absolute bullsh1t.

:o

I've noticed that the water we're now getting from the main is dirty as crap :o

If I fill the washroom's ceramic tub with water from the main, the water is of a murky brown colour. If I fill the tub with water coming from our underground tank, the dirt has settled at the bottom of the tank and the water is crystal clear.

Me thinks they are not filtering anymore.