Is There A Problem With Visa Company?

This one has me worried. My GF was granted a 10 year tourist Visa about 2 weeks ago. We used a Visa company to assist. The embassy call my GF today and asked her if she used a Visa company, and she replied yes. They told her she needs to come for another meeting on Feb 6th, and they told her she needs to bring all of her paperwork and her passport. She spoke with the Visa company and they told her it is a serious meeting but they would not give her any more info.

Both of us are a nervous wreck not knowing what is going on. Has anybody heard of such a thing? Has anybody heard of any scandals with the US Embassy and maybe some payoffs? Any comments appreciated.

That sounds very scary. Do you know if the Visa company used any fake documents or not? (i.e. proof of fake employment or property ownership)

I just have one question. Does she state that she is visiting you as her boy friend or not? I'm asking this question because my girl friend is currently waiting for VISA interview.

I don't think that it matters who helped your GF with the visa application. What is important is that the statements within it are true and how much proof your GF has to support them. As gsxd implied, she would have problems if some statements were false. Does she have a copy of her completed visa application form that was filed?

I don't think that it matters who helped your GF with the visa application. What is important is that the statements within it are true and how much proof your GF has to support them. As gsxd implied, she would have problems if some statements were false. Does she have a copy of her completed visa application form that was filed?

As far as we know nothing has been falsified. She owns a house, some land, and has a food garden all in Udon. She was surprsied when she went to the first meeting becuase they really didn't want to see any of the paperwork, like land deeds and so forth. In fact she was disappointed because she had gone to so much trouble to get all the papers together and all they saidd was "everything is fine, you can pick up your visa in a week. It was about a 5 min meeting.

Now they call and tell her to come back, can't quite firgue out what the problem is. Thye made it a point to tell her not to use the visa and make sure she comes to the meeting. They may just have a few followup questions, or maybe the first guy did not do a through job and they want to see again. I don't know, but is sure is uncomfortable!

I did say I was her BF, and listed all of my assets and so forth. But from what I have read and been told, my items are not important, for a tourist visa she needs to stand on her own.

As far as we know nothing has been falsified. She owns a house, some land, and has a food garden all in Udon. She was surprsied when she went to the first meeting becuase they really didn't want to see any of the paperwork, like land deeds and so forth. In fact she was disappointed because she had gone to so much trouble to get all the papers together and all they saidd was "everything is fine, you can pick up your visa in a week. It was about a 5 min meeting.

Now they call and tell her to come back, can't quite firgue out what the problem is. Thye made it a point to tell her not to use the visa and make sure she comes to the meeting. They may just have a few followup questions, or maybe the first guy did not do a through job and they want to see again. I don't know, but is sure is uncomfortable!

I did say I was her BF, and listed all of my assets and so forth. But from what I have read and been told, my items are not important, for a tourist visa she needs to stand on her own.

Update********** I got a call tonight from the embassy. Apparently there is a problem with the Visa company. This was said to me quite clearly by the embassy staff. Thye had many questions on how we met the visa company, how much we paid them and so forth. My gf has her meeting with them in about 1 hour and I think they will ask her similar questions. They assured me this will not have a negative effect on her visa, but I am not so sure.

I would like to adivse people reading this forum the name of the visa compnay we used, but I am not sure that would be appropriate. Maybe a moderator could comment? In the mean time, you can send me an email and I will respond direclty.

Update********** I got a call tonight from the embassy. Apparently there is a problem with the Visa company. This was said to me quite clearly by the embassy staff. Thye had many questions on how we met the visa company, how much we paid them and so forth. My gf has her meeting with them in about 1 hour and I think they will ask her similar questions. They assured me this will not have a negative effect on her visa, but I am not so sure.

I would like to adivse people reading this forum the name of the visa compnay we used, but I am not sure that would be appropriate. Maybe a moderator could comment? In the mean time, you can send me an email and I will respond direclty.

I almost went in and talked to that Visa company based on your success, but didn't have the time on a short trip. Now I'm glad I didn't, although I would just have talked to them and not signed up at this point. I wonder how they figured out you used a visa company. Did they say to write things a certain way and mention certain things? Must have been some similarity they picked out.

Maybe someone else was caught with lies on their app and they tried to find all the apps from the same company. Since your girlfriend has all her docs, I hope they just verify the info and let the visa stand.

They cancelled her visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Saying she did not have adequate funds in the bank. I really don't understand. I thought that having land, a house, and a business would have carried more weight than money in the bank. As you know money can be taken out quite easily prior to departure, the other assets are a little more difficult to sell off. They also asked her numerous questions about the visa company. Even showed her pictures of various employees and asked her to identify them.

The cancellation may have had more to do with the visa company then anything else.

This sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They cancelled her visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Saying she did not have adequate funds in the bank. I really don't understand. I thought that having land, a house, and a business would have carried more weight than money in the bank. As you know money can be taken out quite easily prior to departure, the other assets are a little more difficult to sell off. They also asked her numerous questions about the visa company. Even showed her pictures of various employees and asked her to identify them.

The cancellation may have had more to do with the visa company then anything else.

That sucks, and after telling you "They assured me this will not have a negative effect on her visa",

can you appeal, which embassy was it?

I am surprised, especially after their prior positive assurances. Did she not supply her bank statements at her original interview? Have the amounts in her accounts changed so much between the two interviews? Did she get the names of the Embassy officials that she saw?

Edited by vinny

That sucks, and after telling you "They assured me this will not have a negative effect on her visa",

can you appeal, which embassy was it?

US Embassy. I am sure I can appeal, just not sure what good it will do.

Easttech - not to be negative - do you think its possible they got wind of your huge cash infusions to your lady???

yes, that is possible. When they called me, they asked if I sent her money, and I told them I have on only a few occassions, and it was not becuase she asked. When she went and they asked her if I sent her money, she told them I did about 5 times, and each time was 40,000 baht. I had soken to her before and told her what to say, but she got nervous. This may have been the lethal blow.

I am surprised, especially after their prior positive assurances. Did she not supply her bank statements at her original interview? Have the amounts in her accounts changed so much between the two interviews? Did she get the names of the Embassy officials that she saw?

No the amount did not chnage much, she had 200,000 baht before and now she has 140,000 bcz she paid for air ticket and visa.

yes I do have the name and number of the person at the embassy

In a Catch22 now - I don't think they believe she can support herself without your dosh. Hmmmm might be time to think marriage, however if I recall don't think you are ready for that step.

yes, we are ready and that is what we will prepare for now. I hope it will not take 1 year? You know what sucks, she had the visa in her passport. To have us be that close and then have it taken away hurts more than being refused the first time. :o

That really sucks. That company must have done some shady stuff to bring on all those questions concerning them.

Wonder what they would have done if she had already flown to the US? It's so nuts that they do just about nothing with the southern border, but try to do it the right way for a temporary visit and it's really difficult.

Good luck with your K-1 or K-3.

OP

It must hurt to have that in the passport and have it taken away - I really feel for you.

Hope everything goes well with any future applications for marriage etc.

My Ex married an American guy last May and had a problem with a visitors visa - I never quite understood what it was but last time I saw her she was waiting of a phone call.

We swapped Christmas cards recently and then she sent me a e-card last month saying it was our last contact as she was moving to the USA at the end of January.

That seems to be less than a year from the VV appication and the marriage visa must have been as late as June if not later.

Once again good luck

That is a really rotten deal there. IIRC your original post a while back stated that some outfit was offering a package for a tourist visa and round trip ticket to New York for $1600, or something like that, and there was a general skepticism amongst the brothers here, with us fearing it would all come to grief in the end. At the very least it was an expensive proposition, considering that a round trip ticket to NY runs about $700-800, and the paperwork required for a tourist visa is quite simple and straightforward -- there are only two one-page forms.

What I find especially troubling is that you say a visa was issued and placed in your GF's passport only to be cancelled two weeks later, for a reason that should have been addressed before any visa was granted. I mean, of all the documentation that can be requested and evaluated by the embassy, the absolute most basic and easily quantified data is her bank account balance. How they could have missed that the first time around and then somehow mysteriously discovered it two weeks hence strikes me as bizarre, to put it mildly.

It sounds as though, like you said, the visa was declined more because of the company you did business with than for any other reason. Sorry the tourist thing didn't work out for you but as the brothers here suggested previously, it was definitely a long shot from the beginning (even though the crooked visa outfit may have told you differently).

I can certainly empathize with your situation, my GF having been first refused a tourist visa, then granted a fiancee visa, and now - after visiting the USA for 90 days last year but not getting married there - she was just granted a 10-year tourist visa (we live in Thailand and have a baby now).

I've been up and down that road, in and out of the American embassy, many more times than I care to remember... my son even has a US passport. If you need any advice on how to handle your K1 or K3 application, PM me and I'd be happy to oblige.