90 Days Visa-exempt Stay Within 6 Months

I am starting this new topic to collect actual examples of how Immigration has counted the total number of visa-exempt days within 6 months when they either refused a new visa-exempt entry or allowed a new visa-exempt entry for less than 30 days.

Please post only actual cases of the type described above. When I see such case in another topic, I plan to post a link to it in this topic. So far, I have seen one confirmed case.

--

Maestro

Case No. 1: wrong counting of days

post-21260-1171024597_thumb.jpg

Immigration office: Suvarnabhumi (BKK) airport

From 1 OCT 2006 until the latest arrival on 25 JAN 2007 the tourist had been in Thailand for a total of 79 days on visa-exempt stays.

Two immigration officers, one of them the chief, making several calculations, came up with totals of 89, 86 and 83 days, finally decided on 89 days, and allowed the tourist entry for 1 additional day.

Source: Sunbelt, based on review of the tourist’s passport.

--

Maestro

If that is the case I recall was the overstay included in your above calculation?

Yes, the total of 79 days in the spreadsheet includes the 36 days in cell C6, i.e. including the 6 days overstay. I see that Sunbeltasia pointed out the overstay in his post.

--

Maestro

case_1.xls