Ltu Airline--any Experience?

justyn

I'm thinking of taking LTU to Thailand from Germany. Does anyone have experience with this airline?

Hi Justyn

I have never flown with them but worked for many years in Aviation airline insurance.

Luftransport Uterranen or spelt something that was always considered a good risk. excellent record and well run.

In those days they operated L1011's (Tristars) of course things can change but I would not hesitate to fly with them.

TBWG :o

In those days they operated L1011's (Tristars) of course things can change but I would not hesitate to fly with them.

Great machines...I'll keep watching the pics from Lagos, Bujumbura and Mogadishu.

Hi TTM

Hey what about Kigali?

TBWG :o

Flew with them last year. It was a good aoverall experience.

Their website is easy to use and you can find the rates for the diffierent days easy. I saved 300 euro by flying 1 day later and returning 2 days later then i initially searched for.

In February I flew with LTU from BKK to DUS (18000 Baht from travel agency in Khon Kaen) and back in March from DUS to BKK (249 € via Internet). Booking via Internet is easy and quick: LTU > Buchung > Flug > Angebote für Preisclevere. There is a table showing the lowest price for each month from German airports to BKK. Nonstop from DUS or MUC only. DUS the lowest price. Clicking on the price in the table shows the date and the available number of seats. Price differs from day to day, high on weekends. Clicking on the link ฺ"BIET & FLIEG" you can offer a lower price than listed. I offered and paid 249 instead of 299 €, confirmed within 1 hour. Up to 10 days before departure you can buy a railway ticket from LTU for 30 € one way, or 50 € return, valid for all trains, from or to everywhere in Germany.

From 30 hour before departure on you can check-in via internet, select your seat and use "Internet Drop Off" or business counter at the airport.

For this low price you get less space and food as with e.g. Thai Airways. For me OK for about half the price.

In Düsseldorf I recommend to use the railway station " Düsseldorf Flughafen Terminal" and not "Düsseldorf Flughafen", no need to use the skytrain.

Edited by willi2006

In February I flew with LTU from BKK to DUS (18000 Baht from travel agency in Khon Kaen) and back in March from DUS to BKK (249 € via Internet). Booking via Internet is easy and quick: LTU > Buchung > Flug > Angebote für Preisclevere. There is a table showing the lowest price for each month from German airports to BKK. Nonstop from DUS or MUC only. DUS the lowest price. Clicking on the price in the table shows the date and the available number of seats. Clicking on the link ฺ"BIET & FLIEG" you can offer a lower price than listed. I offered and paid 249 instead of 299 €, confirmed within 1 hour. Up to 10 days before departure you can buy a railway ticket from LTU for 30 € one way, or 50 € return, valid for all trains, from or to everywhere in Germany.

From 30 hour before departure on you can check-in via internet, select your seat and use "Internet Drop Off" or business counter at the airport.

For this low price you get less space and food as with e.g. Thai Airways. For me OK for about half the price.

I recommend to use the railway station " Düsseldorf Flughafen Terminal" and not "Düsseldorf Flughafen", no need to use the skytrain.

LTU is a good airline; their website is also in English:

http://www.ltu.de/docs/uk/index.jsp

Fleet:

" On long haul services to North America, the Caribbean, Africa and Asia LTU flies its twin-engine widebody Airbus A330-200. In November 2006, the average fleet age is 5.1 years. "

http://www.ltu.de/docs/uk/internal/fleet/details/index.html

and, ............................I don't even have shares in LTU.... :o

LaoPo