Cheapest Domestic Flights In Thailand

dandaman

Hi There!

I would like to ask you some info regarding domestic flights in Thailand.

Basically, where to go for schedule times, discounted prices and ticketing.

Online discounted tickets a big plus.

For example:

I want fly from Chiang Mai to Phuket on May 10th, morning flight. If I am outside of Thailand,

how do I go about getting the proper info?

Thanks,

D.

post-44820-1176905975_thumb.jpg

I want fly from Chiang Mai to Phuket on May 10th, morning flight. If I am outside of Thailand,

You cannot fly direct on these airlines from Chiang Mai to Phuket. You will have to go via Bangkok.

As Air Asia still fly to BKK but the others fly to DMK best not to mix airlines otherwise you'll have to cross Bangkok.

You cannot fly direct on these airlines from Chiang Mai to Phuket. You will have to go via Bangkok.

As Air Asia still fly to BKK but the others fly to DMK best not to mix airlines otherwise you'll have to cross Bangkok.

Thanks for the help.

I found out that I am able to buy a one-way ticket Thai Airlines (Chiang Mai - Phuket) from here (Japan) at high rate.

My travel agent here also told me that I can buy the same ticket for less than half-price at any local travel agency in Chiang Mai. Is this true? If so, do you know how much this one-way ticket would cost?

Thanks,

D.

Thai fly direct chiang mai to phuket but are pricey at a little over 5000 baht.

Thanks for the info.

Is this 5,000 baht quote for a one-way or return?

Buying direct from Thai Air, or a local travel agency?

Maybe I'll just have to fly via BKK with those local airlines, more time but...

Thanks,

D.

Thai Airways fare O/W is currently B5890, I wouldn't think travel agents will discount you very much with dometic fares on the national airline.

Only one direct flight per day departs 12.50

Thai Airways fare O/W is currently B5890, I wouldn't think travel agents will discount you very much with dometic fares on the national airline.

Thanks again!

I am arriving in BKK at 4:10pm, need to take a o/w to Chiang Mai using,

www.airasia.com

www.fly12go.com

www.nokair.com

Are they easy to get? at the airport?

Or should I purchase them from the website now?

Price differences?

Now.. from Chiang Mai to Phuket, if I fly via BKK (2 flights), approx. how much time would it take? Cost?

Thanks alot,

D.

Thanks again!

www.airasia.com

www.fly12go.com

www.nokair.com

Price differences?

If you are arriving on an international flight, that will be into BKK Bangkok-Suvarnabhum , however Nok & 12Go fly from DMK Bangkok - Don Muang !

So I suggest you book your onward-connection to Chiang Mai with Thai , who have a couple of evening-flights up here, or Air Asia who still use BKK as their hub.

If with Thai, you can book in-advance , on their website, and then check your bags & self through to CNX as a CIQ/International-Transit passenger, and clear customs & Immigration on-arrival in Chiang Mai. This is less hassle than clearing at BKK IMHO.

Now.. from Chiang Mai to Phuket, if I fly via BKK (2 flights), approx. how much time would it take? Cost?

Allow at least a couple of hours at DMK or BKK, to de-plane & collect your baggage, then re-check-in for the onward flight. The direct non-stop flight with Thai avoids this nuisance.

Thanks alot,

D.

Have a good trip ! :o

www.airasia.com

www.fly12go.com

www.nokair.com

Price differences?

Check the schedules out on the web sites given above but as already said you will arrive at BKK from your international flight so it's best to fly Air Asia who are the only cheap airline who fly to Chiang Mai from there. Even Thai only fly SOME flights from there to Chiang Mai.

As for your flights to Phuket from Chiang Mai via Bangkok, again as mentioned if you fly with Air Asia fly both legs with them or if you fly with the others then stick with them for both legs otherwise you will have to change airports in Bangkok from DMK to BKK or visa versa

Normally you can walk up and get a ticket at the airport or other sales points in Chaing Mai but you can also book on line and get an eticket. Watch baggage allowance on the cheap airlines (15KG) or 12go(20Kg).

Prices, as on all budget airlines, tend to increase as the seats sell, the fewer the seats left the higher the price.

You can check both prices and connection times on the individual web sites.

Edited by Mahout Angrit

Thanks again!

www.airasia.com

www.fly12go.com

www.nokair.com

Price differences?

If you are arriving on an international flight, that will be into BKK Bangkok-Suvarnabhum , however Nok & 12Go fly from DMK Bangkok - Don Muang !

So I suggest you book your onward-connection to Chiang Mai with Thai , who have a couple of evening-flights up here, or Air Asia who still use BKK as their hub.

If with Thai, you can book in-advance , on their website, and then check your bags & self through to CNX as a CIQ/International-Transit passenger, and clear customs & Immigration on-arrival in Chiang Mai. This is less hassle than clearing at BKK IMHO.

Allow at least a couple of hours at DMK or BKK, to de-plane & collect your baggage, then re-check-in for the onward flight. The direct non-stop flight with Thai avoids this nuisance.

Thanks alot,

D.

Have a good trip ! :o

Thanks a bunch! :D

hello -

just my two cents, but I cannot recommend Airasia. Fly any of the others like Nok, 12Go, or even Bangkok airways (not too much more expensive if you book ahead online). Actually, 12Go is often cheaper than Airasia, on time more, with better customer service.

If at all possible, DO NOT fly Air Asia.

Rant over.

jn

Air Asia's problem is that they are almost always late. 1-2-Go's problem is that they fly old worn out planes which have caused reports here of engines coming loose in flight, at least one member of this forum has quit working there due to safety issues.

Some notable 1-2-Go/Orient Thai incidents:

03 March 2004 Phuket, Thailand

L-1011 of Orient Thai

Problem: Flight Engineer & First Officer refused to continue with brakes in poor repair.

Solution: Flight engineer baggage & FE offloaded by captain and next leg flown as two-man crew.

19 Sept. 1220L Tokyo, Japan

747-200 of Orient Thai

Pilot suspended after passing within 200m of Tokyo Tower on approach

04 Dec. 1709L Hong Kong

747-200 of Orient Thai

80 x 100cm upper leading edge panel fell off inflight.

They may be friendlier than AirAsia, but what's that worth to you?

Make your own judgement.

Edited by cdnvic

As for Air Asia, not really sure what kind of customer service you expect where most flights within Thailand are only an hour long when flying out of BKK. I mean by the time you get to 10,000 feet and the Flight Attendants walk down the isle to sell their drinks, the plane is ready to prepare for landing. I mean if you want to be pampered, fly Thai Airways. As for the cheap flights within Thailand, I prefer Air Asia. The plane quality seems to be the best (much better than Orient Thai/12GO), they constantly have the best sales, and they fly out of the new airport which is perfect. Flying from the new airport means you don't have to take a shuttle to another airport when you come in from an international flight. Also if you are staying in a hotel in BKK, they have a shuttle (TBS I believe it's called) for 150 baht that takes you to your hotel. Don Muan doesn't have this service since the new airport opened up so you have to pay for a Taxi, which since we are talking about budget travelling, is about twice as much. As far as Air Asia being constantly delayed, haven't really experienced that yet and I've been coming for almost 4 years now (mainly fly from BKK to Chiang Mai). Anyway, that's my two cents on a positive for Air Asia.

• 2 weeks later...

Again, thanks everyone for their time and assistance.

Q's:

I need to fly BKK-CNX return, BKK-THX return.

Is buying from the actual airlines' website the cheapest? ex. www.airasia.com

Are there other ways to save on these fares?

Thanks.

D. :o