Penang Now Offering 1yr Multiple Entry Non O

Just FYI and general info:

I talked to my visa agent in Penang today. They are now doing non O multiple entry 1yr visas. Also, the prices are going up drastically July 1st.

When asked about the International bank acct being OK, (ala Singapore) the agent said: "Never mind, bring your Thai bankbook with you to show whatever you have, everything is going to change July 1st and they are just running everything out the door right now as fast as they can." He also alluded to the fact (with some nervousness) that the Embassy may be becoming more strict.

So, I'm off to Chulia St. tomorrow. Air- Phuket to Hat Yai 1hr, minivan- Penang 4 hrs, 2 nights hotel, minivan, Hat Yai to Phuket.

Easy, and really not that expensive.

Even though I don't need to go for a month, I'm going now just to get it overwith. Will file a report on return. :o

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any sources ?

You quote an agent ? website ?

You quote "prices are going up drastically". Presumably your agent told you from what to how much ? perhaps you'd like to elaborate

I think we need some substanciation before this passes from potential troll to advice.

Of course:

(But I have to say torrenova that I know of NO Penang agents that actually have real websites, that's pretty out there, you know of any?)

Parvez Book Store

Mr. Mohamed Anwar

419 Chulia St. 10200 Penang, Malaysia

PM me for phone and email addresses.

One year multiple entry non O in Penang, Malaysia. Available now. Yes, it's real.

Or, hey, better yet. If you still don't believe, CALL THE EMBASSY! +6042268029

The approximated 20% price increases have been common knowledge for over a month, ie. this link:

Bangkok Recorder: Thai Visa Prices Hiked

More info when I get back.

:o

He also alluded to the fact (with some nervousness) that the Embassy may be becoming more strict.

Don't forget that in Penang it's a Thai CONSULATE, not an Embassy. The Embassy is in KL.

Why would a small price increase indicate that this particular consulate is going to get "more strict"?

does this have anyhing to do with my girlfriend's problem???

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=127404

I don't think your problem is related to tourist visa applications in Penang. My GF from the Philippines has had no trouble at all collecting tourist visas there.

I would suggest that you should try there. The OP has just done what many people enjoy to do on this forum i.e. scare mongering.

An interesting parallel to your story would be that my GF would not attempt to apply for a tourist visa in Manila as they would almost certainly refuse her....exactly the same problem you have with your Burmese GF.

Edited by tropo

I don't think your problem is related to tourist visa applications in Penang. My GF from the Philippines has had no trouble at all collecting tourist visas there.

I would suggest that you should try there. The OP has just done what many people enjoy to do on this forum i.e. scare mongering.

An interesting parallel to your story would be that my GF would not attempt to apply for a tourist visa in Manila as they would almost certainly refuse her....exactly the same problem you have with your Burmese GF.

hi, but my gf requires a visa to leave the country, if she didnt get approved in yangon, where else can she go??

Hi,just checked out the new prices they are as follows as of the 2nd July.

Tourist Visa single entry 28 pounds

Tourist Visa Double entry 56 pounds

Tourist Visa Triple entry 84 pounds

Non Immigrant ''O'' Multiple entry 100 pounds

Hope this helps

I talked to my visa agent in Penang today. They are now doing non O multiple entry 1yr visas. Also, the prices are going up drastically July 1st.

I booked with the agent I use (New Banana Guesthouse, Chulia Street) a couple of days ago and said I wanted to go for a 90 day non-imm O this time as I'd just got married, rather than a 60-day tourist as before.

They replied by email saying I could get a 1 year if I provide marriage certificate, copy of wife's ID card and bank book. However I have no significant funds or income in Thailand so replied accordingly and they said they'd try for a 1 year, just in case.

It seemed a bit strange to me and I wasn't going to mention it here (because I see so many people being attacked for helpfully communicating their experiences), but it's similar to what jchen is saying.

I'm going tomorrow and will post an update on Friday, which is when I should get my visa.

Any sources ?

You quote an agent ? website ?

You quote "prices are going up drastically". Presumably your agent told you from what to how much ? perhaps you'd like to elaborate

I think we need some substanciation before this passes from potential troll to advice.

The OP says an agent told him this. No need to jump on him. He is not saying the agent is correct - simply relaying information which looks increasingly reliable.

I assume Penang may now offer multiple non-O visas to reduce the workload caused by the influx of previous 30 dayers. More strict could mean they will not be overly generous in handing them out.

It could mean many things.

Hope this helps

It's better if you quote prices in Baht, or for this destination, Ringit.

It is good to hear they give multiples again ! For the price increases , just moderate , we can be happy they do not double it as usual . The question is do they ask money on the bank to apply for one ?

Cause this answer will be the true subject, to make many decide Penang is worth the go or not.

Also the word 'stricter' does not make any sense right now , I guess have to wait after juli 1 when some members went there and share their experiences with us . Like always very appreciated. :o

Hope this helps

It's better if you quote prices in Baht, or for this destination, Ringit.

I don't think Hull accept payment in Ringit or Baht

I find all this interesting as I am going through the process of getting my Lao boyfriend a visa to stay in Thailand.

Can someone explain what a triple entry tourist visa is and how long it lasts for.

Thanks

I find all this interesting as I am going through the process of getting my Lao boyfriend a visa to stay in Thailand.

Can someone explain what a triple entry tourist visa is and how long it lasts for.

Thanks

A two or more entry tourist visa normally has a validity of six month from date of issue. You can then enter Thailand for a visit of 30 or 60 days each entry (30 days in the case of Laos) and stays can be extended 30 days by immigration. All entries must be made before the expiration of the visa.

It is now confirmed in another thread that universal price adjustments will apply from 2 July to reflect any depreciation of the local currency against THB.

Another poster suggested the OP was a troll. An apology would be nice.

How much for a one year single entry non-immigrant O visa???? What are my chances of getting it with 30,000 baht in my bank account?

Not much I think. Do you want only the 3 months , or do you want extension withe the single O ?

Cause I think the multiple would do, or do you mean this instead of single ?

For the multi are no requirements , have to be married or over 50 . If non of them both multiple or single are not even a chance , so I do not get your question straight ......

It is now confirmed in another thread that universal price adjustments will apply from 2 July to reflect any depreciation of the local currency against THB.

calling this a "major price increase worldwide" or "prices are going up drastically" is still a little bit to dramatically verbalised.

and no reason to buy a ticket immediately and pack your bag in a hectic rush and apply for your visa before the weekend.

thats just scaremongering nobody needs.

actually good news for many, i think, to get your NON visa for one year. so maybe better go after the the 1. july.

will there be a comeback of two oder triple entry tourist visa as well?

calling this a "major price increase worldwide" or "prices are going up drastically" is still a little bit to dramatically verbalised.

and no reason to buy a ticket immediately and pack your bag in a hectic rush and apply for your visa before the weekend.

thats just scaremongering nobody needs.

actually good news for many, i think, to get your NON visa for one year. so maybe better go after the the 1. july.

will there be a comeback of two oder triple entry tourist visa as well?

Well as the OP has decided to nip down to Penang a month early to beat the price increase he obviously took what the agent said at face value. So scare-mongering is not a fair comment particularly as there are numerous reports that visa agents in Penang are reliable.

Without knowing when the visa price was last increased it is not possible to determine what the rise should be. In fact the THB has depreciated against the Ringit compared with 1 Dec 2004 (source Bangkok Bank website), a date I chose entirely at random.

However I would not be surprised if the mfa instruction was used as a smokescreen to substantially increase the price in Malaysia to take advantage of the recent surge in visa applications. Sixth rule of business - if you have a captive market, fleece it.

We'll find out soon enough.

hi, but my gf requires a visa to leave the country, if she didnt get approved in yangon, where else can she go??

Are you saying that she can't leave Burma to go anywhere without a visa?

Why couldn't she fly to Malaysia? Burnese citizens are part of the ASEAN group of nations so she would not need a visa to enter Malaysia.

I understand from what you are saying that she cannot get back into Thailand immediately because they consider she's had too many visas or stamps, but this should not apply to Malaysia.

Sixth rule of business - if you have a captive market, fleece it.

That is funny, but so true....but....

SHHHHHHHHHH, not too loud. Maybe Thai Immigration will start practicing it.

Edited by tropo

Are you saying that she can't leave Burma to go anywhere without a visa?

Why couldn't she fly to Malaysia? Burnese citizens are part of the ASEAN group of nations so she would not need a visa to enter Malaysia.

I understand from what you are saying that she cannot get back into Thailand immediately because they consider she's had too many visas or stamps, but this should not apply to Malaysia.

The do require a visa but it is available on arrival on proof of funds.

Visa required.

However, if coming for touristic purposes, visa can be obtained

on arrival, for a max. stay of 30 days (no extension possible),

provided arriving at:

- Kota Kinabalu International Airport; or

- Kuala Lumpur International Airport; or

- Pulau Pinang International Airport; or

- Senai International Airport.

Fee: MYR 100.- (in local currency only).

Visitor must hold:

- return or onward ticket; and

- sufficient funds (at least USD 500.-).

Of course:

(But I have to say torrenova that I know of NO Penang agents that actually have real websites, that's pretty out there, you know of any?)

Parvez Book Store

Mr. Mohamed Anwar

419 Chulia St. 10200 Penang, Malaysia

PM me for phone and email addresses.

One year multiple entry non O in Penang, Malaysia. Available now. Yes, it's real.

Or, hey, better yet. If you still don't believe, CALL THE EMBASSY! +60422680

The approximated 20% price increases have been common knowledge for over a month, ie. this link:

Bangkok Recorder: Thai Visa Prices Hiked

More info when I get back.

:o

Is this Guy at the book store an agent? Does that mean that he does all the paperwork for you? If so what does he charge?