Annual Retirement Extension Embassy Income Letter

Can someone confirm (especially for Pattaya/Jomtien immigration office) that the new certification procedures regarding the embassy income documentation letters (being checked/certified by the Foreign Ministry in Bangkok) is not required as yet? I have read that this new requirement will come into effect starting October 1st. And that until then, just the original from the respective embassy is required (as before) until then.

Thanks...have a renewal coming up this week :o

There was a post indicating that the person (British Consul) who was reported to be the person who originally announced the proposed change had recently informed a meeting in Pattaya that it was not not going to happen due to Embassy workload pressures. As it was not a subject post do not know where it may be located.

It was my understanding from the local media that this change was being implemented by the THAI authorities because of some fake embassy income documentation letters being used by some applying/renewing their retirement visa extensions. No extra workload would be required of embassies because they already are asked to issue these letters to those who request them (and earn a $30 fee for this piece of paper - at least at the US Embassy). The extra certification step was supposed to be done by some clerk/drone at the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs, so there would be extra work at the Ministry but not for the embassies.

This additional step was supposed to be implemented starting Oct. 1st. Just wanted to know if anyone has renewed in the past week or so and can firm that it has not been implemented as yet.

lopburi3: Please indicate to which post you are referring?

Thank you.

Hi Guys

The original post was from me yesterday, I attended the Ex Pats club and it was reported from the floor via Barry Kenyon that the requirement for your pension letter to be stamped (authenticated?)by the MFA due to commence on 1st October had been recinded after pressure from a number of embassy's.

If you have any queries re your visa be it retirement or whatever Barry attends Jomtien Immigration daily between 9am and 9:30am and can usually be found having a coffee at the cafe next to the main doors.

Hope this helps and clarifies the matter.

p.s. This of course is only for British members as Barry is the Honorary British Consul in Pattaya.