Train Driving Through Bangkok Market

Maestro

Totally brilliant!

Known as 'The Little Train to Nowhere". The only railway I've ever been on with hump-back bridges (an interesting experience) it's a completely isolated section of SRT, no functional signaling system it's all done with portable radios :o

10 Baht from WongWianYai, great seafood at the other end. You can get the ferry to continue your journey south west, but the timing of the train on the other side means you'll miss it and have to go in a restaurant instead, typically Thai :D

Totally brilliant!

Known as 'The Little Train to Nowhere". The only railway I've ever been on with hump-back bridges (an interesting experience) it's a completely isolated section of SRT, no functional signaling system it's all done with portable radios :o

10 Baht from WongWianYai, great seafood at the other end. You can get the ferry to continue your journey south west, but the timing of the train on the other side means you'll miss it and have to go in a restaurant instead, typically Thai :D

Hi,

I'm not sure what u are saying here - was the video taken at WongWai yai station or somewhere on a small sub-section? And where does the sub-section you refer to go from and to? And can u get to WongWai Yai station by interesting public transport (eg not only by taxi - perhaps there is an indirect way by boat?)?

• 5 months later...
if you want not to suprised but shocked - have to visit india

next time. currently saving my dosh. anyway, i found two other train market video's and lucky for us they have english subtitles so you can follow the journey yourself. just remember these names, Samut Songkhram is locally known as MaeKlong. you'll see the name of the railway station at the begining of train market 1.

Samut Sakhon is locally known as Mahachai which again, is spoken in the 2nd video.

i'd love to follow this as its only a short distance from BKK

mm, i got a question? how is it the topic poster was able to put up a video from youtube and i cant? what am i not doing? iv already tested it on my friends website and it worked 1st time. i have the embedded code but instead of the picture, i just have the code

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="<A href='

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="<A href="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object> Edited by WujouMao

WujouMao, this is how it is done. Click on reply and see the code. See the part taken from the URL of the video, ie only the last part after the “=” sign

thanks Maestro. i had thought that might be the case, then i dismissed it as a stupid idea, what are the chances of that. oh well. so thanks to Maestro who put up Market Train video 1, here's is

Market Train Video 2