Pool For Dogs (home Made)

Below is a pool I made for our dogs, it's just deep enough for them to swim in. They love it, especially the black dog, who never wants to get out. It has a ramp, platform and simple filter system.

I put some tiny fish in to eat the mosquito larvae, but it's not chlorinated. Is this a potential risk? If so do ppl have suggestions?

When the rainy season comes I'll be able to change the water often.

post-25665-1205221313_thumb.jpg

post-25665-1205221491_thumb.jpg

post-25665-1205221710_thumb.jpg

Thanks, the dogs really appreciate it. If anyone has info on possible dangers due to no chlorination I'd be interested to hear them.

Our older dog (the black one) has a sore shoulder and is also a bit overweight. We've been trying to help her loose weight, to put less pressure on the shoulder but running is a problem for her and there's not enough time for walking.

So the pool is great, she wakes us every morning like a kid on Xmas day. I'm thinking about putting a rope and harness overhead so we can attach her, then she can treadwater without going anywhere.

With the hot season on it's way these are ideal for 'farang' dogs that like water. It was not difficult or expensive to build, here's a rough cost breakdown:

- 6mm foam rubber lining approx B1,000

- Timber and plastic pallets (for ramp and platform) approx. B1,500

- Pump for filter B750

- Nails, glue etc. B500

Look into adding salt to the water. That will kill many of the nasties and give the dogs extra buoyancy too.

I'd thought of this, the problem is the dogs are always going after balls and end up swallowing water. When my dogs swim in the beach they often get diarrhea.